Finding a specific vintage pattern

Question

I’m looking for a specific pattern for a vintage crochet collar. If you look up «vintage Irish crochet collar grapes and leaves » you’ll see numerous pictures of the pattern I’m talking about—grapes, leaves, medallions. If worn back to front, it has the shape of a sailor collar. I’ve found about 10 different pictures of it, most with slight variations. I’ve even purchased three such collars on EBay and Etsy, one with cuffs, so it was a popular pattern and was probably in a magazine. I can’t find it for the life of me. Suggestions?

4 answers to this question

Have you looked at Antique Pattern Library? I'm seeing all sorts of different end items on the search line you gave above.

Irish lace had a big resurgence in popularity around WW1, and there are a ton of crochet books from that era at APL with Irish lace items, including (If my memory serves) more nightgown yokes than collars, those were a big thing back then; I wonder if that is what you thought was a collar?  I don't see why a yoke couldn't be used as one.  In any event, it would be the best first place to look that I know of https://www.antiquepatternlibrary.org/

19 hours ago, Jaxon said:

I’m looking for a specific pattern for a vintage crochet collar. If you look up «vintage Irish crochet collar grapes and leaves » you’ll see numerous pictures of the pattern I’m talking about—grapes, leaves, medallions. If worn back to front, it has the shape of a sailor collar. I’ve found about 10 different pictures of it, most with slight variations. I’ve even purchased three such collars on EBay and Etsy, one with cuffs, so it was a popular pattern and was probably in a magazine. I can’t find it for the life of me. Suggestions?

D0FEC177-66A8-45FD-8E52-7A572AA39CD2.jpeg

Thanks, I’ve checked both sources—no luck. It’s got to be out there somewhere. It’s not really a sailors collar, just has that square shape. Though I’ve seen pictures where the bottom medallion on either side was omitted to give it a more pointed shape.