Crochet round help

Question

I have a crochet bunny kit that I was given and I’m not very good at reading the instructions (I’m a visual learner) it is telling me to 2dc x6 and then 3dc, 4dc etc until 7dc. I have looked at many tutorials and have spent all afternoon/ night trying to figure this out as nothing that I’ve tried to make sense of seems to work! Any help with this would be amazing (I’m working in a round if that helps). The stitches have trouble fitting in when they’re clustering and it creates a big bubble 

1 answer to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!  Is this the very beginning?  It should be saying something like

Row 3:  2 dc inc x 6

Row 4:  3 dc inc x 6

and so on,

ASSUMING you are at the very beginning--like at the top of the head.  Toys usually start from the head down, with a few rounds in a flat circle before shaping starts, and that is the usual 'recipe.  "inc" means 2 stitches into 1 stitch, short for increase.  For a flat circle in US SC or UK DC, you start with 6, in rnd 1, and increase by 6 each round, and do so by increasing the number of 'plain stitches' between the increases.  So rnd 3 has 1 plain st. between increases, rnd 4 has 3 dc between increases, and so on.  (rnd 1 was probably 6 UK DC, round 2 was probably 1dc, inc, repeat)