RICORUMI

Chiara82

Question

Hello

I'm working on a project to create a mermaid and I'm almost done with the body (thanks to your different topics I was able to read the patterns😉 ).

Now I'm doing the ending part of the tail and the pattern says: "hold the 2 sides together, and in BLO work 6 dc through the centre to close. PM and rounds start from here"

Does it mean that I close the tail and have to use the back loops of both side to close it completely?

The red arrow is where I'm right now

https://content.invisioncic.com/r276385/emoticons/default_smile.gif

Thanks for your help 🤗😊

Mermaid.JPG

Edited by Chiara82

4 answers to this question

Yes I believe that is what its telling you to do.  Just remember to orient yourself.   Its the back loops as if you were continuing to work in the round so when you mash it flat the back loops on the back piece is actually facing you.  This will leave the front loops available for you to work the remaining part in the round.  

Edited by bgs
  • Like 1

Welcome to the 'ville, and what a cute mermaid!

So you have made the body (in a tube), and are transitioning to the tail (which I presume is a flat half circle)?

I'm reading  "hold the 2 sides together, and in BLO work 6 dc through the centre to close" as meaning to fold the body opening flat, side to side as the body is oriented, and 'sewing' it shut with 6 dc using the 2 centermost loops.  When you fold it together, there are 4 (stitch-top) loops at the top (2 loops from the front half, 2 loops from the back half), leaving the front loops free.  (I see BGS has replied as I'm typing, and we are on the same page).  This will leave the unused outer loops, or loops facing 'outside' or 'front', to be used as the base of the tail - which I thought by looking at it was 1 flat half circle, but it looks like it might be a circle that is folded and closed at the end.

• Like 1

Thanks 🤗 

It make more sense now. Yes, the circle will be folded and closed at the end :)

On 9/27/2021 at 4:49 PM, Granny Square said:

Welcome to the 'ville, and what a cute mermaid!

So you have made the body (in a tube), and are transitioning to the tail (which I presume is a flat half circle)?

I'm reading  "hold the 2 sides together, and in BLO work 6 dc through the centre to close" as meaning to fold the body opening flat, side to side as the body is oriented, and 'sewing' it shut with 6 dc using the 2 centermost loops.  When you fold it together, there are 4 (stitch-top) loops at the top (2 loops from the front half, 2 loops from the back half), leaving the front loops free.  (I see BGS has replied as I'm typing, and we are on the same page).  This will leave the unused outer loops, or loops facing 'outside' or 'front', to be used as the base of the tail - which I thought by looking at it was 1 flat half circle, but it looks like it might be a circle that is folded and closed at the end.

On 9/27/2021 at 4:38 PM, bgs said:

Yes I believe that is what its telling you to do.  Just remember to orient yourself.   Its the back loops as if you were continuing to work in the round so when you mash it flat the back loops on the back piece is actually facing you.  This will leave the front loops available for you to work the remaining part in the round.  

Thanks BGS 🤗