Cro-jo

Does anyone else sometimes lose the crochet ""energy"?

I sometimes put my crochet in it's basket and it will sit there for a week before I feel like picking it back up. 

I feel like I should work on it daily.

Especially with something that is a bigger project and has repetitive rows I tend to work that project with a smaller project that either finishes faster or at least changes up stitches so I keep my interest up. 

That being said sometimes I just need a break and I come back more interested in crocheting again.

• Thanks 1

No.  It's a hobby, there is no deadline, it's something you do for fun when you are in the mood, don't make it a chore--nothing to feel guilty about not doing (like, say, leaving dirty dinner dishes in the sink overnight).  Plus, your fingers and wrists will probably thank you for taking a break.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh my just a week's break!  A few of mine got laid back for YEARS.  Life can get in the way and things change.  I got much better at crocheting and completing projects after joining Crochetville. They are an inspiring and encouraging group.

• Thanks 1

Been there, done that. I'm going through this currently and it has happened many times. It took me about 3 years to finish an afghan I wasn't fond of the colors. When I finally finished it, the afghan became my DH's favorite. Just give it time and before you know it, you will be drawn back to working on the project.

I had a number of years where I didn't really do very much.  The quarantine inspired me to sort and use up all sorts of yarn -- such as rugs that used like 5000 yards of stashed bits and pieces.

I also purchased labels that said "made with love during the 2020 quarantine" for anything I sewed or crocheted. 

The unplanned benefit?  I entered our County Fair for the very first time.  All entries got a First Place.  The local Michael's gave me a gift card for my stashbusting rug entry.  I got a note with my very tedious thread doily that it had been up for Grand Champion.  Then last week, I got a letter saying that the prior Grand Champion had since been disqualified and mine was now the Grand Champion. 

I had entered one of my thread pillows in a national contest and got First Place for my state and Third Place nationally. 

Mary Pat: That's great news on all your ribbons and gift card. Congratulations!

I'm experiencing a little bit more of an incentive for crochet. I'm ready to add the border to my afghan and I finished one of my WIP doilies that was started a few years ago. If I crochet in the evenings, I get more done during the day. LOL

• 5 weeks later...

Congrats! You did better than me.

I entered one of my square designs through Womans Day magazine (mid 80's). I was a winner so they bought my design and put it in a book of granny squares. Came out in the 90's. I got 2 copies of the book. I've gotten honorable mentions too and got Free hooks, knitting basket, :yarn, etc. I haven't entered any contests in years though.

Ellie 13