ch5 loops? I need help

mc_lovin

Question

Last night I tried to do this pattern. It's for fingerless gloves and I dont know if row 3 and 4 are for the wrist or if it's the full length of the glove. I stuck to it for so long, because I have no clue what to do.  On the pictures no part looks just like mine. What does even ch5 or ch2 loops mean? I made just ch5 or ch2 and a sc in the next stich. Here is the pattern:

Row 1 and 2 are just 53 sc rows.

Row3: Ch3 turn, (counts as first dc here and throughout), dc in next st, ch5, * sk next 4 sc, in next sc work 2dc,
ch2, 2dc, ch5 * rep from * * 3 more times, sk next 4 sc, work one dc in last 2 sc. 10 ch5 loops made , 9 ch2 loops made.

Row4: Ch3 turn, dc in next st, ch5, * in next ch2 sp work 2dc, ch2, 2dc, ch5 * rep from * * across, work one dc
in last 2 dc.

I tried to make photos of what my creation looks like. I hope you can see it.

Picture 1

Picture2

1 answer to this question

Chain loops are loops that are created in the last round by chaining a certain amount of chains between other stitches. They can look like arches or briges. 

It looks like you did round 3 correctly. But in round 4, you are only supposed to work into where you've chained 2 in round 3. So, you won't be making any stitches over the chain 5 "briges". You should have rows of v stitches seperated by chain 5 loops.

Edited by selind