Does anyone know where I can find dolls patterns in croch3t?

Thefurrymonkey

Question

8 answers to this question

Check out my Gift Making thread for 2021....at least one of the ladies there , Bailey, has access to great patterns for doll clothes

On 9/8/2021 at 1:19 PM, Gardener said:

!

2 hours ago, Thefurrymonkey said:

Hi.

I’m looking for free crochet patterns for a 14” chest baby doll. It’s my friends granddaughter’s doll and currently has no clothes! 

I’m learning new stitches and enjoy making them as they make up so quick! 

Thanks!

Sometimes, changing yarn thickness on some of the patterns available is all you need to do. Or, changing the length. (Making as long as needed for the baby doll)

I am ignorant of doll sizes , but there is a member here (Darski) that has a lot of doll clothes for dolls that might be that size--they are for 18" (tall) dolls.

Go to the main menu here (hit the 'home' button above), where you can see all the forums in their 'groups' - first basics, essentials, then discussion.  Under 'discussion', there is crochet patterns > free original patterns.  When you are 'in' free original patterns, they are not sorted by topic (like dolls, wearables, kitchen, etc.) so you are going to have to search (top right corner) in that forum, either for doll or Darski (under the spot where you type the word to search on, it asks where? , choose 'this forum' so it doesn't give results not in the pattern section). 

Here is one example.

Edited by Granny Square
edited to add link

I start with Linmary Knits here .  She lists which ones are knit vs crochet. They work up pretty easily.

Melinda is one of Darski's 14" doll patterns here if you look at her signature there is a link to her online io group she started to replace the yahoo group she had that yahoo closed.  You can find all of her free pattern PDF's there and they are easy to search, download and print.

This is a really simple dress for a 14 1/2 to 15" Baby Doll very easy to adjust to size here. Picture here

Not sure how I missed this one since I use it every year here.

If you decide you want are willing to pay  Amy Caricco just came back on Etsy and I just bought up a bunch of her 14" patterns because they are quick makes and limit the sewing required you can find her here.

Petite Dolls also has a good supply of patterns for purchase for the 14" doll here.

This is just a top of my head list.  If you get to the point you are comfortable experimenting with different weights of yarn or sizes of hooks and fitting the dress to the doll as you go there are even more dresses out there in the 15" doll range with free patterns that might fit the doll with some work. There are also some 12" doll patterns that will adjust to the 14" doll as well.

Edited by Bailey4

7 hours ago, Thefurrymonkey said:

Hi.

I’m looking for free crochet patterns for a 14” chest baby doll. It’s my friends granddaughter’s doll and currently has no clothes! 

Another thought  If the baby doll has a 14 inch chest circumference check out newborn crochet patterns, too  ie  Free baby crochet pattern jacket, pants and helmet usa (justcrochet.com)