Need help with Ripple stitch!!

C0E0M

Question

I’m using what seems to be a standard 14+3 starting chain, patterns is:

:: ROW 1 ::

1 dc into 4th chain from hook

1dc into each of next 4 chs, dc2tog twice,  dc into each of next 4 chs, *(2dc into next ch) twice, 1dc into each of next 4 chs, dc2tog twice, 1 dc into each of next 4 chs*

Repeat between ** ending last rep with 2 dc into last chain, turn.

:: ROW 2 ::

ch3, 1 dc into same stitch, 1 dc into each of next 4 chs, dc2tog twice, 1 dc into each of next 4 chs, *(2dc into next ch) twice, 1 dc into each of next 4 chs, dc2tog twice, 1 dc into each of next 4 chs*

Repeat between ** ending last rep with 2 dc into the top chain of the chain-3 from previous row.

then repeat row 2 til desired length

I keep getting to the end of my 3rd row and being one chain short. I can’t find what I am doing wrong. I have taken it apart time and again without finding a missed stitch. I feel like I’m messing something up with the beginning & ends of the rows. So beginning row I dc into same st as chain3, which would count as the 2dc…then 4 more dc. Then follow the pattern to the end of the row, and I seem to get 3 dc’s in and then all that’s left is the top of the turning chain, where I would do the 2 dc’s but then I’d be missing one dc. Or am I only supposed to end with 4 dc’s and add a second to that 4th (which would be in the turning chain from previous row)? Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong or tips for doing a pattern like this? Thanks!

1 answer to this question