They still have phone booths in the UK? Wow- It's hard to find a public phone anywhere here.

The scarf is quite nice. Thanks for sharing the photo.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 3:05 PM, ReniC said:

They still have phone booths in the UK? Wow- It's hard to find a public phone anywhere here.

The scarf is quite nice. Thanks for sharing the photo.

Thank you. There are quite a few scattered all over London, but not very many still have phones in them. Some are used as tiny book exchanges. 

A blue and white scarf wouldn't be so bad like this telephone booth. I suppose a bell with a circle could be included if one wanted to represent "Ma' Bell".  I remember as a kid feeling creepy if I had to use one such as the one below. They were all over the SF/Oakland Bay Area. I always had trouble closing the door. I like the "phone boxes" in the UK a bit more. More color and more class.

I had a eccentric neighbor by my last house that had installed a working pay phone booth just like this one. 75 cents to make a call! He thought he'd pocket a quarter every time someone would use it. No one ever did though. Now I wonder if it's still there.

zbooth.jpg

Edited by ReniC