Susan Bates Hook Cushions

• NCcountrygal changed the title to Susan Bates Hook Cushions
5 hours ago, ReniC said:

Those look nice. I used to love my Susan Bates hooks but the "skinniness" got to be too uncomfortable.

?  The hook.  I was thrilled when I discovered these cushions many years ago.  I crochet with a knife hold and it allows me to keep my hand relaxed. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2021 at 5:08 PM, NCcountrygal said:

?  The hook.  I was thrilled when I discovered these cushions many years ago.  I crochet with a knife hold and it allows me to keep my hand relaxed. 

I tried the flat cushions years ago but they were still too skinny. DH made wood handles for me which helped. Then Clover came out with the Amor hooks. I'd bet I have at least 50+ hooks of different brands. Not counting my Tunisian hooks and circular hooks. I always did go overboard. LOL

Oh those small little thingies they sold were useless.  That’s why when I discovered Susan Bates comfort cushions I was delighted.  I like they are soft and cushy. I never tried the wood handled because there’s no give. Wider area to hold but certain fingers rest against the hook handle. That’s why I like cushion. 🙂

4 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

I never tried the wood handled because there’s no give. Wider area to hold but certain fingers rest against the hook handle. That’s why I like cushion. 🙂

I think wood handled hooks are more for knife-grips like myself. I think they'd be near-impossible for pencil-grip crocheters to use. Except for maybe the much smaller hooks with the much thinner wood handles.

16 hours ago, GalaxyCrocheter said:

I think wood handled hooks are more for knife-grips like myself. I think they'd be near-impossible for pencil-grip crocheters to use. Except for maybe the much smaller hooks with the much thinner wood handles.

I do crochet with a knife handle hold. I prefer the cushion style on my hooks even my wooden ones. (Squirt of dish liquid on the hole, slides on so much easier than brute force). 😀

Just now, NCcountrygal said:

I do crochet with a knife handle hold. I prefer the cushion style on my hooks even my wooden ones. (Squirt of dish liquid on the hole, slides on so much easier than brute force). 😀

Huh. It's how you said 'certain fingers' that made me think you used a pencil grip. I must hold my knife hook like an absolute barbarian, then. Oh well, whatever gets the scarves and blankets made, lol!