Saying Hello!

Chi Chi

Just wanting to see if anyone has used Bernat Baby Yarn? Its really soft & hard to see the stitches...I hv been working on a few times but having to pull it out! Which is I’m learning, Frog it! I have done it with moss/seed stitch & double crochet where it seems like you just feel the stitches the best that you can...I hv done it real loose & I hv done it with more tension also. It comes out wavy & not near the yarn width that I started with! Thank you!!!

Welcome to the 'ville! You've  got a few things going on, I'll take some guesses.

Bernat makes a lot of yarn styles, and yarn weights, including bulky.  I have used Bernat Baby Sport weight for a blanket, outfit, and toys for a relative, it was nice to work with.

What weight of yarn are you using?  The yarn label will have a drawing of a skein of yarn with a number on the label, that number is the weight.  Sport yarn is US 2 weight.  Your description, however, leads me to believe you may be using one of those fat fluffy yarns, bulky or extra bulky US 5 or 6 weight.

The reason I asked the yarn weight - the sort of thing you described, hard to see your see your stitches and having to feel around, sounds like you may be using bulky weight yarn.  It's harder to see your stitches, even more so if it is the plushy sort of yarn.  

You said you were learning, I wasn't sure at first if you meant 'learning to deal with this yarn', but since you have other things going on it leads me to suspect you are a new to learning crochet.

If you are a new crocheter, and using bulky yarn, you are not going to like what I'm going to recommend.  Put the yarn away, for another project in the future.  Get some easier to work with, boring, smooth not fuzzy/fluffy US #4 weight yarn, like Red Heart Super saver or something of the same weight, and a hook that is reasonable to use for that size yarn, maybe US# G, H, or I.  

"Not the yarn width I started with" sounds like you are not beginning and ending rounds in the right way, which is common with beginners.  There are rules on how to begin and end rows so that doesn't happen, and the rules are different for rows beginning in SC versus the taller stitches.  Keep this link, there is a lot of good stuff on this page plus other pages in the menu at the side of the page.  In SC, the turning chain does not count as a stitch, it does not get 'used' by another stitch.  In DC and taller, the turning chain does count as a stitch and you have to make the chain, skip the first stitch in the next row and start with the following stitch; at the end of a row, you stitch into the top of the turning chain because it counts as the last stitch.  If you don't the edges will drift somehow, there are different possibilities depending on how you violate that rule.  

Not sure what 'wavy' means, normally I think of something ruffling when you work in the round, like this but not on purpose.  Unless you mean the edges are not square, due to what I described in the above paragraph.

I'm not up on the newer bulky baby yarns but I do use their sport baby frequently for doll projects and have never had an issue finding my stitches so I'm inclined to think you are talking about the plushier new baby yarns.

Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.😁