Hi

Mahoor

Hi everyone,

My name is Mahoor and I am currently living in Vancouver Canada. I love crochet. I started crocheting since I was 10. I have tried almost every technique in crochet but I love mosaic crochet more than any technique. It is so fascinating and versatile technique and believe me so addictive. 

I am a new designer and I have published my first mosaic crochet pattern on Ravelry website in June 2021. 

Thank you. Nice to meet you all.

pp.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.😁

Oh that is so pretty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.😁

Oh that is so pretty.

Hello. That's really kind of you. Thank you for your warm welcome. I love making new like-minded friends. 

20 minutes ago, AmySolovay said:

Hi Mahoor! I'm Amy. Nice to "meet" you. That square is spectacular! Is that the one you designed and posted at Ravelry? 

Hi Amy. Nice to meet you. Yes it is exactly the one I published in Ravelry.

2 hours ago, AmySolovay said:

I hope you'll do well with it! You obviously put a lot of effort into that design.

Thank you. I guess I have to learn how to do marketing stuff. I have sold only 20 copies which is great for the start. I am happy people show interests.

20 copies sounds like a fantastic start!

I give away most of my patterns for free, so don't honestly know what's a good "benchmark" to compare against for pattern sales. I do know it's hard to even give away patterns. You wouldn't think so, would you? But it's harder than you'd think. So I think that having sold 20 copies of your design is an excellent accomplishment. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AmySolovay said:

20 copies sounds like a fantastic start!

I give away most of my patterns for free, so don't honestly know what's a good "benchmark" to compare against for pattern sales. I do know it's hard to even give away patterns. You wouldn't think so, would you? But it's harder than you'd think. So I think that having sold 20 copies of your design is an excellent accomplishment. 

I cannot agree more. I am not making money out of selling patterns for myself as all the money goes to charity or helping to inspire women in Iran and helping them learn a new skill and become financially independent. That's why every cent counts when converted into Iranian currency. I am always in debt to the nation I came from and I know they are in such a big financial, social, political and environmental troubles. I am trying to do my part I guess. But yes. 20 copies is wonderful and I truly appreciate those who have trusted me and paid for my pattern even though I am an unknown designer.

Thank you for your kind words darling.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 12:13 AM, Mahoor said:

I cannot agree more. I am not making money out of selling patterns for myself as all the money goes to charity or helping to inspire women in Iran and helping them learn a new skill and become financially independent. That's why every cent counts when converted into Iranian currency. I am always in debt to the nation I came from and I know they are in such a big financial, social, political and environmental troubles. I am trying to do my part I guess. But yes. 20 copies is wonderful and I truly appreciate those who have trusted me and paid for my pattern even though I am an unknown designer.

Thank you for your kind words darling.

That sounds like a great cause you are working towards, and I wish you much success with it.

(NOT that I think there is anything wrong with selling patterns for profit -- I don't, at all! Just want to clarify that. I absolutely think pattern designers deserve to profit from their hard work -- or, of course, to have the option of donating the proceeds to causes they believe in, as you are doing.)

If you are planning to design many more patterns to sell or share with others, you might want to consider starting a blog or website for promoting your work. There are free blogging platforms available at Wordpress.com and blogspot.com you could use (there are others too, but those are a couple of the best known options). If you just plan to post patterns occasionally, either of those would work well. If you plan to make a serious investment of effort in pattern design, I'd recommend starting your own website instead of using a free platform -- because that gives you a lot more control over how you can do everything. But either way works. You can link to your blog / website from Ravelry and from your signature here as a way to get started with promoting it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Morphinae said:

Hello Mahoor! Such a -beautiful- square! Gorgeous work :D I'll have to give that a whirl sometime

Hi. Thank you. That's really kind of you. I am happy you like it. 

2 hours ago, cshort said:

Welcome to Crochetville! Your square is beautiful.

Hi. Nice to meet you.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

1 hour ago, AmySolovay said:

That sounds like a great cause you are working towards, and I wish you much success with it.

(NOT that I think there is anything wrong with selling patterns for profit -- I don't, at all! Just want to clarify that. I absolutely think pattern designers deserve to profit from their hard work -- or, of course, to have the option of donating the proceeds to causes they believe in, as you are doing.)

If you are planning to design many more patterns to sell or share with others, you might want to consider starting a blog or website for promoting your work. There are free blogging platforms available at Wordpress.com and blogspot.com you could use (there are others too, but those are a couple of the best known options). If you just plan to post patterns occasionally, either of those would work well. If you plan to make a serious investment of effort in pattern design, I'd recommend starting your own website instead of using a free platform -- because that gives you a lot more control over how you can do everything. But either way works. You can link to your blog / website from Ravelry and from your signature here as a way to get started with promoting it.

I have a Wordpress blog. I do need to have a website of my own but I am a full time student now and don't have enough time to work on my website. But this is an option I have thought about it. I don't know how to add my blog or ravelry store to my signature here.

Your wordpress blog link is actually in your signature -- sorry, I somehow missed seeing it. You posted it correctly. I just took a look at your blog, and I think it is great! I really enjoyed seeing your work. I hope everyone else will check it out, too -- definitely worth the click.

I will send you a private message momentarily. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 1:39 PM, AmySolovay said:

Your wordpress blog link is actually in your signature -- sorry, I somehow missed seeing it. You posted it correctly. I just took a look at your blog, and I think it is great! I really enjoyed seeing your work. I hope everyone else will check it out, too -- definitely worth the click.

I will send you a private message momentarily. 

Checked out the blog. I'm blown away by how intricate and beautiful these look! 😮 Imagine these on a blanket! Bookmarked your blog for future visits

• Like 1

I am not sure if you were bookmarking my blog or Amy's blog. If this reply is for me, thank you. and I am glad you liked it.

Edited by Mahoor
  • Like 1