4th of July weekend outfit. Not recently made and I don’t remember the pattern.  The shorts were ad lib and perhaps the top is from a Annie Potter booklet. Downsized by using thread. 

0FA398FD-746A-4CB1-ADD1-5A56C998ADE4.jpeg

Edited by NCcountrygal
Spellcheck changed spelling of shorts to shirt
  • Like 2

She is very cute.

I've been crocheting for my granddaughter's baby dolls lately, I forgot how much I enjoy the dolls and need to start crocheting pretty Barbie outfits again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cshort said:

She is very cute.

I've been crocheting for my granddaughter's baby dolls lately, I forgot how much I enjoy the dolls and need to start crocheting pretty Barbie outfits again.

It’s been several years since I made any outfits. A heart4heart can’t remember name but she represented Kentucky. I got her used on eBay.   She was my first model to use for making outfits for a California children’s hospital.  They were using Paola reina dolls and or Les cheries(memory). 

Above outfit was from a downsized version of: 

2FFFD674-B8DD-415C-A716-1A9559EB3CF1.jpeg

Looks like an Annie Potter Granny's Holiday Toppers  here.

Just FYI as I learned when I headed back into Barbie this year, if you are making clothes for granddaughter's modern dolls the sizes may be different from previous Barbie dolls you've made clothes for in the past.  I had to get new doll models as well as dolls to donate this year as my old ones were larger than the modern dolls and the clothes needed for the modern dolls aren't interchangeable with the models I had for my nieces' dolls a decade ago.

There are lots of doll bloggers out there who make clothes for their own dolls.  There are some really creative Barbie bloggers who make really creative doll clothes.  Others discuss making play sets for the dolls.  If you are interested in making stuff for your granddaughters you can find some really cool ideas. 

The challenge with baby dolls is the need to constantly adapt patterns.  Unless I'm making clothes for the Lots to Love or the Little Cutiesies Baby dolls I rarely find a pattern designed for the specific doll.  What I do appreciate is the modern patterns at least give you a "general" doll size 12, 14, 15, 16" doll.  I recently acquired some older doll patterns that just say "baby doll" with no size suggestions.  Since the yarn is no longer available either you aren't really sure until you make it to the point you can try it on you aren't sure what doll it will fit.

1 hour ago, cshort said:

need to start crocheting pretty Barbie outfits again.

I have a few Barbie doll patterns that I may have planned upsizing. I gave all my dolls that size away with outfits years ago.  I’ll post information here when I see them

I just figured I'd mention it.  I'd collected a bunch of the old Annie's patterns and I have even more now.  When I made them a decade ago everything had to be made bigger to fit the Barbie/Ken dolls for my nieces.  I actually went out and bought some size 20 thread because I couldn't get some of the patterns to fit with size 10 for the donation dolls this year.  With fairness my gauge has always been odd but consistently so.  So patterns I was using fingering yarn with before that I'm using size 10 with now demonstrate change. 

12 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

I just figured I'd mention it.  I'd collected a bunch of the old Annie's patterns and I have even more now.  When I made them a decade ago everything had to be made bigger to fit the Barbie/Ken dolls for my nieces.  I actually went out and bought some size 20 thread because I couldn't get some of the patterns to fit with size 10 for the donation dolls this year.  With fairness my gauge has always been odd but consistently so.  So patterns I was using fingering yarn with before that I'm using size 10 with now demonstrate change. 

I just came across a Barbie pattern in my stash from a blogspot dated 2011. Pink ruffled short skirt. Some of the blogs may no longer exist.  Do you happen to know whether  crochetforbarbie.blogspot.com is still around? 

It comes up blog removed.

Have you seen the patterns from Mama that Makes here ? I haven't tried them yet but for those looking for Barbie clothes without thread these are an option.

LinMary Knits also has free Barbie patterns here. I've made several of her baby doll patterns haven't tried the Barbie ones to date.  The pattern list is mixed knit and crochet but it is easy enough to identify which are which.

Edited by Bailey4
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Very cute

Thank you. I made the drawstring more like carrier straps. Do you have any links to patterns for the 5 inch doll. Lots to Love?   It’ll probably be a Christmas charity gift locally this year. 

1F784F38-8FB1-437A-A33E-9F29D139C454.jpeg

Edited by NCcountrygal
Add question
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

If you wait for the sales you can get these really cheap at e-pattern central.  They've been as low as $1.99 when I picked up some of them.

Holiday Itty Bitties

Itty Bitty Babies

Itty Bitty Dress Up Fashions

Thanks for the pattern booklet links. They are adorable.  I found my Mary Maxim pattern which includes a simple dress that a child could easily play dress up.  Also, a shell stitch dress for heart for heart dolls I can resize. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...