Unfortunately I do not know much about crochet thread. 

I do admire those people they can & like crochet with thread. For some unknown reason I hate to use thread & those tiny hooks. All I can do is to crochet very small pieces for my Amigurumi when needed. Like a nose for a Snowman and... LOL. Even crocheting that is always driving me "nuts"! :(.

Many years ago (about 30 years) I bought a beautiful scarf or runner for my dining room table. I do not know what I should call that, it was covering the center of that table.  I remember I paid for that piece 75 Bucks!. At that time that was a lot of money to pay for something like that. It was made in Europe - Yugoslavia.  One of my friends got that as a gift. I like that so much I made her to sell  to me :).

Unfortunately I did not had much knowledge how to wash that and I "wreak" that in a few years :(. Started falling apart...  I wish I could find something like that again, I would buy that. I am not that kind a person that loves hand crochet doily's or hand crochet table clothes. I just do not care much about that. BUT,  that piece was something very different...I just fallen in love with that at first look! LOL.

Krys

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Unfortunately I did not had much knowledge how to wash that and I "wreak" that in a few years :(. Started falling apart...  I wish I could find something like that again, I would buy that. I am not that kind a person that loves hand crochet doily's or hand crochet table clothes. I just do not care much about that. BUT,  that piece was something very different...I just fallen in love with that at first look! LOL.

Krys

Was it fabric with embroidery?  ?brokat

if still available would probably be double, triple price now. 
Tapestry?

https://touchoftapestry.com/tapestry-table-runners-c186/

https://www.amazon.com/BLUETOP-Beautiful-Stamping-Weddinng-Decorations/dp/B07JND1SYJ

or

https://www.etsy.com/market/europe_table_runner

prices better than I expected!

Edited by NCcountrygal
Add comment
Posted (edited)

Krys, I have a fake filet crochet tablecloth that fits a rectangular table that seats 6, that I got for less than $20 a few years ago at Walmart, that I toss in the wash by itself on 'mini' load with cold water, and toss in the dryer on low--it's great!  It looks reasonably  genuine until you get up close, and doesn't need ironing (it's a man-made material).  I mostly bring it out in the Thanksgiving to Christmas period.  There is no way I'd have the patience to make such a large project, nor would I want the bother of caring for a hand-made one properly.  It's along these lines, although I don't see my pattern there. 

NC I have a few 'seasonal' tapestry cloths like that.  My table has a lot of outfits, including largish doily centerpieces I've made :lol 

edit, wow, I scrolled down on my link, there is at least one apparently hand-made one there (round one, pineapple design, for $16)

Edited by Granny Square

Several days ago DD was hinting about me crocheting her a oblong or rectangular doily for her coffee table. Wouldn't you know it, the color she requested, I do not have. Out of 2 large Rubbermaid tote that's full to the brims. Every other color you could think of including variegated, but, no grey! I told her I'm not buying anymore yarn, to just pick another color.

Krys: I'm sorry you lost a pretty runner. I have a few table runners gifted to me from family members in Europe. As soon as I told my mother about them, she advised to always hand wash or dry clean only. I have when needed and they are holding up well after all these years.

Posted (edited)

Hobby Lobby carries grey...(runs and hides)  One came to our town a year or 2 ago and they carry a few different colors/shades than Michaels, I noticed the grey and thought it was unusual.  Tell DD to buy a couple of balls and you'll provide the labor?  (don't feel bad, I probably have nearly 2 totes worth, 1 tote is full and a couple plastic shopping bags are full full, including a flea-market 'trove' from my SIL since she knows I'm a threadie...)  Oh yeah, plus 2 of those 'football' size balls, 1 white and 1 ecru.

Edited by Granny Square
1 hour ago, ReniC said:

Several days ago DD was hinting about me crocheting her a oblong or rectangular doily for her coffee table. Wouldn't you know it, the color she requested, I do not have. Out of 2 large Rubbermaid tote that's full to the brims. Every other color you could think of including variegated, but, no grey! I told her I'm not buying anymore yarn, to just pick another color.

Krys: I'm sorry you lost a pretty runner. I have a few table runners gifted to me from family members in Europe. As soon as I told my mother about them, she advised to always hand wash or dry clean only. I have when needed and they are holding up well after all these years.

Don’t know if you have a local HL but your DD can check here :

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Yarn-Needle-Art/Crochet/Crochet-Thread/Coin-Artiste-Cotton-Crochet-Thread/p/80892901

running and hiding w Gr.Square

We’ve talked so much thread yarn my urge to make something is growing.  I have a pineapple oblongish one on a dresser. I liked the look but the pattern was not the best. If I make something like that I want a well written pattern. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2021 at 2:37 PM, NCcountrygal said:

Don’t know if you have a local HL but your DD can check here :

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Yarn-Needle-Art/Crochet/Crochet-Thread/Coin-Artiste-Cotton-Crochet-Thread/p/80892901

running and hiding w Gr.Square

Thanks Diana but, I'm sure my DD can find a color in the huge stash I already have.

ETA: She looked through the huge stash and can't find a color she likes except white. White it is! LOL

Edited by ReniC