We're getting a Hobby Lobby!

donnalynn2

I went into JoAnns tonite to get some yarn and was chatting with the cashier about yarns and fabrics and such and she asked me if I knew when the HL was opening? I was like "HUH?" She told me where she saw it and a sign that said "Hobby Lobby". I about fell over!!! So I drove by there on the way home and sure enough where an old grocery store once was there are dumpsters and all the windows are boarded up and it's spray painted on one of the boards "Hobby Lobby coming soon"...

Can I do the happy dance now or do I have to wait til they open? (Please let it be before Christmas please please please!)

:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky...

I couldn't get the Hobby Lobby website to open for some reason, but usually you can go and use the store locator (or something along those lines) to show the stores in your state. It'll tell you when your store is expected to open. If the site comes back up. :wink

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek more hobby lobbys and a ac moore, and we are not getting one because why?:angry :angry :lol :lol naw i am happy with joanns and the other few around here,. but would like to hit some of their sales now and then. what am i saying i just gave 3 huge bags of yarn to the sisters of st anns to make things for charity. i need yarn like i need a hole in the head:eek :eek:rofl :rofl :rofl oh did i tell you, i am getting 12 pounds of yarn on friday from e-bay:yay :yay :yay :hook:devil :devil :devil :devil :devil got to have something to do when it is:rain :rain :rain :rain and :wbrr :wbrr :wbrr out lucky you:lol :lol

Aww its not fair :ohdear

all you lucky ladies who actually have a hobby lobby

we dont have such thing here in UK :thumbdown:shrug

why cant WE have one aswell....?

well to all you lucky people, when you step through the front door of the store....

just think of me :drool lol.

• 3 weeks later...

When our Venture (remember that chain?) store closed down, it stayed vacant for about a year and then a Hobby Lobby took over the store and I have been shopping there ever since. It's probably 6 or 7 years by now. And it's in the same plaza as the JoAnns. We are certainly lucky in Crystal Lake, Illinois. :cheer

But a few years ago, a smallish Michael's that we had closed down, without any warning. I was so sad. :( They opened one up in Algonquin, one town down from me, but I hardly ever go there anymore. I used to get my yarn fix on Sundays when the sale papers come out but now I mostly just stay at HL and JoAnn's.

HL's seem to look for old stores to purchase and remodel for their needs, instead of purchasing a brand new building. With real estate prices, it's probably a cheaper choice for them.

Have fun at the HL. :yay I just wish they were open on Sundays. And be sure to check your local Sunday paper for their ads and coupons. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer

Linda

Enjoy the Hobby Lobby... . I just moved into an area tht has one. There aren't any in Maryland where I used to live. But, there is one in my new town... I am really enjoying it. I think I am spending a bit to much money there.. But,.. Anyways, I know the feeling of having a "new" hobby lobby... Enjoy yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

You will love Hobby Lobby. They have a very large selection of yarn and fabric. Hobby Lobby also home decor and crafts. If you go to the wesite and sign up for newsletter they email a coupon every week. :cheer:clap:yay

Theresa

Archived