Meet up and crochet-a-long in Allentown PA?

Linda V

Hello,

I'm looking for a crochet group for my Mother, Mary, in or near Allentown PA.

My Mom is retired and would like to meet new people. She likes to crochet blankets and shawls and would happily make things for charity.

Could you please let me know if there is a group meeting up in or near Allentown PA?

I hope to hear from you soon!

Thank you,

Linda

Edited by Linda V

Hi and welcome to the 'ville Linda V.  I am on the opposite side of the US and can't help with you question, but I hope you find a group for your mom.

You might want to remove your e-mail address from your post, since this is a public forum anyone can see it (not just members) and (who knows) might invite spam.  Instead, ask members to reply here with details or to send you a personal message (pm).   At the very top of this site, on the right side, are a bunch of icons - the one that looks like 2 cartoon speech balloons is the personal message area.  When you get a pm, a  'dot' will show up next to that icon to let you know a message from a member is waiting for you.

If you look at your post, there are 3 dots ... at the top right corner, click on that, there are options there including editing that post.  Good luck in your search!

Linda- Did your mom per chance check any local yarn shops? The one we have here has get together sessions and also offers crochet and knitting lessons. Check with senior citizen centers and libraries also. Hope she finds something to her liking. 🙂

Edited by ReniC

Groups are starting to return that haven't met since COVID began.  You had some great suggestions about checking out yarn shops.  Many often have drop in hours for people to meet up and craft together.  Around here the senior centers have all kinds of groups that meet for different craft oriented activities for the very purpose of getting seniors to connect with one another.  If she isn't a senior yet, as they come back you might search for things like prayer shawl ministries and charity knitting/crochet groups that make things for local hospitals, homeless, etc. that are often associated with local churches.  While seniors are certainly welcome these groups are not limited to seniors.  While often limited to certain age groups do to the times they meet, unlike the senior center you don't have to meet the age requirements to attend their groups.  Our libraries are still remote so most of those groups aren't meeting yet.