Is this pet hair that's stuck in my yarn?

yarnveve

In this 2ndhand mystery yarn I bought there is some mysterious black fibers/hair(?) that is in it. I thought it was a feature at first but I noticed that it detaches easily even if it's embedded into the plys themselves! Can anyone tell if it is actually pet hair or is it just stray fiber??

20210618_010428.jpg

20210618_015357.jpg

If whoever spun this had a lamb or alpaca as a pet, maybe (kidding).  I agree with NCcountrygal, said it appears to be part of the yarn, not just on the yarn.

Some yarn is spun with a mix of fibers, it could be that one of the species' fiber used is a different texture, or it's all 1 type of animal but fiber from 1 area of the fleece is coarser than other areas.  Or it could be man-made fiber trying to fake being rustic looking.  What does the yarn label say the fiber content is?

No label unfortunately. I'm guessing it might be an animal fiber or at least blend because its fibers feel different from my normal acrylic stash.

I think the little black stuff adds to the look, honestly. Rustic indeed. It's just that it got everywhere on my stuff when I skeined it last night.