abbreviation PPs

Mrsemc

Question

Hi! So I have been working on a tiger and got to number 9..im a little confused as to what: behind the rear PPs(for the left front PPs we will knot the nose pad). Does anybody know what the abbreviation PPs means?? Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

16227343036654670102631810322195.jpg

4 answers to this question

Big guess here: partial puff stitch? Is there not a stitch abbreviation list? If not, please include a link to the pattern for more info.

Welcome to the 'ville!  

I have no clue, but you must have done a 'pp' in an earlier row or round  because in row 9 you are doing something behind them.

This pattern has probably been written by a non-native English speaker (possibly Russian but not necessarily), or it has been run through Google Translate or similar.  Some languages use the same word for knit and crochet (one is Russian) your pattern is saying 'knit'.

https://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/2014/05/russian-crochet-terms-and-u-s-crochet-terms.html    This probably doesn't help, I don't see any words on the Russian side that starts with a Cyrillic letter that looks like a Roman P. 

HOWEVER, according to wikipedia, the Cyrillic letter that sounds like a P looks like П п   -- which could maybe be puff stitch (looking at my first link for Russian terms).  But there are a lot of other terms that start with a П....or maybe my sleuthing is entirely on the wrong track.

Is this the pattern?  (Seem to have to try multiple times to load but does eventually)

https://amigurumiallfreepatterns.com/cute-tiger-amigurumi-crochet-free-pattern/

I think "behind the rear pps" is trying to tell you to work some stitches into the back loop and "for the left front pps we will knit the nose pad" is telling you that later you will be working the nose pad or starting the nose pad in the front loops (the loops that were left or remaining not the left side).  I think where it says "then for both points" you work stitches as normal through both loops. Go down and study the section Pad on Nose.   It says to knit in rotary rows. Hopefully the stitches here match up with the unworked front loops from 9.  I think maybe you attach to the front loops to make a flap that is later stitched down after doing some needle sculpting.  It might take a little trial and error.

• Thanks 1