Baby/ Toddler Blanket

Y'all I am so tickled with this finish- I was asked by a client/friend to work a crochet baby blanket with a monogram. Inherently crochet and embroidery really don't play well together, but after careful consideration I figured out a decent work-around by monogramming a patch and sewing it to the blanket.  Unconventional, maybe, but I think it works.  Client is happy, which makes me even more happy!!  😁

1622677925349.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great! Did you hand sew the monogram on?

I have found that using a much lighter weight yarn to embroider onto crochet worked much better for me. I do prefer to work on dense stitches instead of more open ones. Your idea works much better on your pattern.

Edited by ReniC

@ReniCI wouldn't even attempt to hand embroider on  anything, least of all with yarn 😅  I did the whole patch on tbe embroidery machine, then carefully sewed it onto the blanket with a regular sewing machine.  It could have maybe been floated and attached by the embroidery machine, but that is waaaay too scary for me!! 😁

• 1 month later...

What a fantastic idea. I think that was a delightfully elegant and creative solution you came up with. Bravo! The blanket is beautiful!

I've often used sewing appliques on crochet projects too -- but never one that required such effort. Mine were all off-the-shelf appliques that were pretty quick to attach. 

@AmySolovay awww thank you!  I thought on it a good long while before I came up with a way.  It actually didn't take me too long- but I do have have machine to help.  I just made the frame and monogram on my embroidery machine then sewed it to the blanket with the little machine.  Easy peasy once I got my mind going in the right direction 😊