Sweater & Hat with flowers

Raquel

That has got to be the most beautiful set I've seen :c9 it looks like a little girl sweater more than a baby sweater......I love it :manyheart

ditto to what she said. What a beautiful set! Absoultely amazing!! like the others I can't wait till you write it out.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Thanks so much for all the lovely comments! :2blush You've motivated me to try to write out what I did. . . cyber-hugs to you all :hug

:book Raquel

I was very superstitious about crocheting anything for my baby while I was pregnant, and now I want to make her something while she's still a baby - she's seven months old now, so I need to get a move on. Those look perfect!

Jen

Raquel, You are a very talented lady! That is the cutest baby outfit! I'll bet it's really soft in microspun. Lucky baby...

I visited your blog, too. I'm very impressed! I love your tarot-portrait. Very cool.

BB-Mare :yay

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone! I will someday write out the pattern. I can give you the general idea though--the yoke is worked from the neck down in the same way as the double crochet preemie onesie people make here all the time; you just don't increase on one side. Then, once you have joined the spots to make the armholes, you start working a decorative pattern; I used the "single double double" pattern that is my current favorite, but any pattern will work, just count your stitches and figure out what will look nice.

Then I joined yarn at the armholes and worked the decorative pattern there, too.

I had a baby sweater that I knew the size of as a model, so I just made the gauge the same and the length of everything the same.

Hope this helps!

:book Raquel

Archived