Sweater & Hat with flowers

Raquel

Hi all. Recently made this for the baby shower of a great friend of mine who is having her first baby (a girl) in January. Made it with Microspun in "vanilla" and then used embroidery floss to make the flowers (they were sewn on after I finished the sweater and hat).

No pattern really--I was copying a little sweater my Dad had gotten in Mexico for my own daughter. If I can get the time, I'll try to write out what I did!

Here are the pics:

estherset1.jpg

estherset3.jpg

estherset2.jpg

:bookRaquel

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

waaaaaaah! This darn forum kills me every time. My "baby" is almost 20, close to a foot taller than I am, and has a bushy black beard. :sigh No grandbabies likely for quite some time, either. And I never *did* have a little girl baby to dress in pretty frills. But this hasn't stopped me ogling every dainty little baby item you all post, and longing for a reason to make something teensy and delicate and flowery.

Ok, enough whinging about my babyless state. :lol Congrats on this gorgeous piece of work, and on the little one for whom it was created!

Lene'

I love that so much and your color choices are incredible :cheer I'm awful with chosing colors that look good. What size is the sweater for? I'm hoping you write up a pattern my stepdaughter is gonna have a girl anyday and I'd love to make one for her.

Archived