granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

Today my oldest grandson turns 6. So after church he wanted everyone to come over and watch the Nascar race with him, he can tell you every car and every driver

I'll be spending the night as I am on MiMi duty there tomorrow. DIL needs to take my son in  to get a wisdom tooth cut out. He'll be thirty  eight and I swear we went through that when he was a teenager and got braces.

Ill be exhausted by tomorrow night!

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Happy 4th!  We sat at home doing nothing this year, local fireworks were canceled because.... I dunno, I don't make the rules... but I figured I should go to Reni's house because I love broccoli

Okay, here is the solution... we all find a central location and move there so we can gather in a circle with craft of choice and  uplift each other during this getting old thing..... those of us that

Posted Images

good morning

just got finished skyping with sis in law in Germany

its overcast today, don't know if we'll have showers or not

enjoy your day, Owlvamp, hope yours are getting better

Still cloudy but  getting a few hours break from rain this morning.  Supposed to start again about 11a.  Sis came by yesterday to bring me some things.  She is taking care of her grand dog for a few days and it goes for a ride every day and of course multiple walks.  This was his ride and we all went on a walk.  It was drizzling when we started and pouring down by time we got back. No real plans for today-----just church on tv and fb.  

I will send some sunshine up to you all if I can.  Just slide some rain down to say Hi!.

Today is quite.  We won the game the other night and our next game is Monday.  It ought to be an interesting game.

Well we are coming into hurricane season.  Our Gov. (Thank you very much) has signed 3 tax free bills.  One is for weekends to cover Hurricane supplies.  One is for outside sporting evens and entertainment (Disney and such)  And finally the usual one for school supplies up to a certain price.  The last one they do every year.  

This has become a fun state to live in.  Except for the humidity, it is fun to see what is going to happen next.😁

Lea have a great time tomorrow.  Funny I never got my wisdom teeth.  So maybe your oldest got mine along with his.

Have a fun day.

Well, I had a whole post ready to save, backspaced once and lost the whole thing. Such is Computer-land. So, I'll just say hello, enjoy your day, and if it's a rough one, it will always somehow get better.

Hugs-

12 minutes ago, ReniC said:

Well, I had a whole post ready to save, backspaced once and lost the whole thing. Such is Computer-land. So, I'll just say hello, enjoy your day, and if it's a rough one, it will always somehow get better.

Hugs-

That happens to me here ALL the time.  Dont know what changed that causes it.  

Good Morning.  Been up since 3.  Can't tell you the kind of day I will have, as I can not see the sky.

Today is Therapy, one more to go.

I have started the afghan and slowly moving on, as it is all the one color right now.  Not up to the picture yet.

So any big plans for today guys?

Lea I saw that t-shirt and thought of you.  I laughed.

good morning

was up at 2 a.m. found it hard getting back to sleep, felt too hot then cold so it was an off and on cover battle

its overcast again today,enjoy the day

Good Morning, sun is out, not a cloud in the sky.  Another hot day today.

Well today has started out great.  I fell asleep again and got up at 7:30.  Got up went into the bathroom.  Came into the bed room and went down.  Me and the walker.  Luckily the neighbor was home.  So I am right now sitting at the table.  I have therapy at 11 AM.  This should be fun.

Need to go to my corner.  Can't sit here any longer.

Have a fun day.

Made it thru yesterday with just a little misting. This morning the sun is out----- first time in 9 days.  The tropicals are going to love the sun and humidity here today.  Its housecleaning and laundry day here this morning.

Besides back spacing wiping out my entire posts sometimes the dialogue box comes up and it wont let me type in it.  Gets very frustrating.

Loved the shirt MJ....so true!

One at school, 2 napping, and one playing with the LiteBrite...catching my breathe

The crocheted water balloons were a hit....they call them splatts and have fun throwing them at everyone, wet or dry.

If the weather clears I am headed home this afternoon when everyone is settled back at home here. Of course we are supposed to have bad storms and I don't drive well in teh rain so we will see.

Good late morning! Sorta windy here again again, but the temps are great- 83° high today. I had to turn on the AC again last night because it got to 80° in the house. Not hot, but stuffy. Slept like a baby.

Mary Jo: Be careful!!!. I know how scary that is. My knee isn't as bad as yours, but it does collapse on me sometimes. And the pain is constant. I feel so bad for you going through this. DD is trying to talk me into using one of the electric carts at the store so I can get out of the house for a change. Probably won't happen. My stepD (the nurse) says they are probably lice ridden. That's enough to scare one.  I loved that T-shirt. I used to tell 2 of my grandkids, "Nonna's not happy, RUN!". And they would run outside. Then ask if it was safe to come back in a few minutes later. LOL

Pineknott: I'm sorry you're still having sleep issues. My primary doc put me on 2gr of OTC Melatonin nightly and it helps. If I wake up, I go right back to sleep. Yay me. Didn't think it would since it didn't help my DH at all, but I was wrong. 

Brenda: That outdoor moisture sounds heavenly to me. It is so dry here. I'll take anything at this point except one of those microbursts. They are scary. Several years ago one hit on the highway  between my house and town and wiped out 7 power poles. Sheared them right in half. We were without power for 24 hours. In the middle of summer too.

Lea: Sounds like it was a fun visit. I hope your drive home was uneventful.

After reading about Tunisian dishcloths, I have it stuck in my brain (I get obsessive about things like that- LOL). Maybe I'll finish the crochet set I started ages ago and then make a few Tunisian dishcloths for breaks between them and the afghan.  Be safe everyone. Hope all enjoy the day.

Well Reni, but at my local stores they wipe them down pretty good and spray them with some kind of disinfectant.  I am sure nothing lives thru that.  I have used them a couple of times and it is great.  Everyone gets out of your way.

Usually once I hit the bad, that is it for the night.

I saw that shirt and laughed.  So many on that web site.

We are all tucked in for the night, so I thought I would stop in and see how everyone is doing.

Have a great night.

hi all happens to me here brenda too,  usually after i have just typed a LONG post lol  KI have    taken 10 mgs of melatonin probably for years, i helps me too  I  dream so much, so i know i am in Rem sleep!!

so sorryL

about another fall, my gosh woman.. what are the plans to fix it?? Is there a plan??

Hello everyone

Was there something in the air this morning, I've been awake since 2:55 am. The usual Monday for me, work, a load of laundry and dinner. Now I think I will play with some yarn, unless I fall asleep. Hope you all have a wonderful evening.

• Like 1

Good Morning.

Sorry girls I was feeling sorry for myself yesterday.  Half way decent night last night.

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood.

going to my corner to work on the afghan.  The Bedazzle boys are coming today to clean.

Have a great day.

• Like 1

MJ you are absolutely allowed to feel sorry for yourself

And what else are friends for if we can't do a brain dump on here?

Many hugs~

• Like 1

good morning, if I type fast it is still morning for 15 minutes

got a shot in my knee, if that doesn't solve issue, he is looking to do an MRI

Good Morning! I don't know what woke me up about 2 hours too soon. Here I was bragging how much better I've been sleeping. Ah well, I'll just take a nap this afternoon. Love those power naps.

I finished the 2nd potholder last night. I'll post it later in the Show-n-Tell folder after I take a photo. No biggy, but, 1 more WIP finished.

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone for being so encouraging and supportive to each other. These trying times have taken a big toll on our mental health. You gals are great! 

Reni  :hug