granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

Posted (edited)

Hello

Mary Jo I enjoy teaching but this year has been so crazy. Preschoolers do not get the concept of social distancing, they just want to play together. I'm hoping things are back to normal in August. 

Lyn I hope your knee is better soon.

I'm watching the news and they're reporting about 2 people who got in a fight about whether or not masks need to be worn in stores.  

Not much else happening here. Have a good evening.

Edited by cshort

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Lea: That is indeed the cake you described, minus the nuts. I've included the link for the recipe I use now. I lost my GM's recipe from when I was a kid and this one is pretty close. My dad didn't lik

Catalogues: Anyone remember Spiegel's? My mom especially loved that one. She would order all of our school clothes from that one and Montgomery Wards. There was a huge Montgomery Wards store not too f

Posted Images

Yeah, I understand cshort.  It is like asking a 2 year old to keep a mask on for the duration of a flight.  The only way is to scotch tape it on.

good morning

up early for podiatry appt. at 9, nail trim

enjoy your day, counting down with you cshort,for your much needed vacation

Good Morning.

Up at 6:30 this morning.

Took a power hit last night.  All seems to be well this morning.

Another day another dollar spent.

Have a fun day.

Hello

Not much happening here. Work, took Mom to a doctors appointment and cooked dinner. I'm usually much more tired by this time of the day but so far I'm still going pretty go. I think I'll play with some yarn. Have a good evening.

Friend asked me to make the hooka smoking caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland. Im working from a picture he sent me. The pattern was nolonger available at the designers etsy store. He needs to be stuffed shaped and closed then i need to make his hooka (i hope im using the correct term).  

Also making a lapghan for donation. Just the border left. Told my husband from now on only one project at a time!

1621381152752-1172148098.jpg

• Like 1

He looks pretty good ratdog... best to keep the brain active!

I spent the day with three of the grands and DIL at a park, it was a wonderful educational park and they saw birds, got to sniff rosemary,, basil and lavender, picnic with MiMi and then play on the play ground until everyone need to be in carseats to nap, I hated I had to drive home ( 45 minutes) , ecause I sure could ahve used a car seat nap too...🤣

Love the caterpillar.  That is so cool, especially since you do not have a pattern.  Boy you guys are good.

You had 3 Lea, John and I use to get worn out with just one.

Wanted to stop in and say goodnight.

Try again tomorrow.

Good Morning.  Up at 6:30.  It is a beautiful day.

The landscapers start their magic today.  They will be coming to put down mulch, stones and get the back ready for the pavers.  They will be here today and Friday. :jumpyay

Hoping to start some crocheting today.  I have the colors I need and I have it all at my corner.  Today is the first day I have felt like crocheting.

So how is everyone else's day measuring up.

Have a great day.

Good morning all! Later this morning I am taking my friend to the airport so she can go to her daughter's Law School graduation. I have known her since she was my younger sons second grade teacher. Her daughter and my older son graduated high school together. We blinked and these kids are all grown up!

• Like 1

Well today is starting off pretty good since I just rolled out of bed 15 minutes ago.

Heading 2 hours to the east to visit youngest grandbaby .. He's as cute as a bugs ear I tell ya

Hope everyone has a great day

Another cloudy day out with scattered showers.  Heading over to sis's house.  Hope my jaw doesnt ache again today.  

Posted (edited)

hi everyone  we are kinda holding off on our window  re- model, till we can count on it not, you know, RAINING every day lol  getting kind of use to my new tablet lol, kinda lol  Still favor  the laptop  though lol  

well today i completed sewing all 9 rows of squares and started now putting together to each other, forming body of ghan  lol  Im up to row 6, 3 more to attach and then possiblya simple border, and im one down, one to go, for Junes posting out lol  my personal goal is 2 a moth, but we will see, nothing in stone yet  

So if you have any neglected, lonely sad little squares hiding about, under furniture, or in a closet, of a cupboard, or that long neglected project bag, I sure will give them a good new home, with many friends of their own!! lol just message me for addy  ok commercia;l/ shameful plug completed lol  for now     enjoy you day, every day we wake up, is a great day!!!~~!    katie 

Edited by katyallen8090

Good Morning.  I look out my window and see a bobcat (machine) sitting in my garden.  Looks like they leveled most of the area and took out the old mulch and stones.  They trimmed the trees and bushes.  They will probably put the mulch down today and the pavers tomorrow.  It is very frustrating not to be able to walk out and see what has been done.

Got my graph done yesterday and now I just have to decide colors.   Either tan with dark brown or grey with black outline.

This is for my neighbor who has done so much for me.

Have a great day.

Tiki1.png

• Like 1

Mary Jo glad you got the dog graph.  Sounds like a lot of work going on at your place.  

Looks like another cloudy damp day out.  Yesterday sis and I worked on her flower beds at her church---set the banana tree out, weeded, trimmed bushes, etc.  This banana tree is taller than us and leaves all into the ceiling.  We had to lean it over and roll it out.  Then drop it one step at a time. With Bob gone it wont be dug up any more for winter but I learned they survive winter cut back and mulched in.

• Like 1

sun is nice for a change today, very humid, the robins especially are pulling out worms from the back yard right and left!!I  One o'clock is the robins call on my clock, apparently they hear that out there, and answer it each time lol  so do the jays, at 5.00 lol ..  I have yet to hear the oriole, and the purple martin, as i am not in the craft room at 7 or 8am or pm but   I can wait lol   lol  

Sandra, i have been meaning to ask you, how are your dogs doing?? Everyone well there  well, back to work i guess lol  later ok!!  

Had a rough day last night and this morning,  The kids took us out for steak and it was so good, but an hour later I was sick as a dog. This is the third time I have had this happen, all at different steak houses, I had the worse headache,, the shakes, tummy troubles ( won't go into detail), sweats....

Guess the next time we all go to a steak house I'll order the salmon! 

Do you think it was the MSG?

Love the graph MJ,, and so glad it was a machine and not the animal in your yard...

Katy, I love bird watching, some mornings I enjoy my tea with the door wide opening listening to the chorus..

Brenda, Those banana trees can grow HUGE, surprised your back isn't giving you a fit... mine would for sure!

Posted (edited)

Hi Gals! I missed reading posts yesterday. Couldn't get into Crochetville all day. I kept getting a error- try again later message. I didn't have a way to contact anyone to ask. First time that's ever happened to me since I joined in 2007. Seems to work smoothly today though. Yay!

I'm working better today too. Getting set up for a CT scan of the brain. 3 times I had some temporary blindness in my left eye and dizziness. Both only lasts for about 5-10 seconds. Pretty scary though. I feel ok though, just overtired sometimes.

I haven't felt like crocheting or reading for 2 days. That's a long time for me since they are both daily activities for me. I also got tired of eating "healthy" all the time, so at my request, GD went and got me a KFC chicken sandwich to splurge on. I was so happy! Back to the "good for you" stuff now though.

I got a email from Amazon this morning that they have included a selection of up to 3 free magazines at a time on Kindle Unlimited. There are some crochet and knit magazines available. You might want to check it out if you're a member. Not sure if this link will work for you: Kindle Unlimited Magazines (amazon.com)  Scroll down to crochet magazines listed under: Magazine Issues Available for a Limited Time.

Not too bad here today, mid 80's. I can handle that. Not a rain cloud in sight though. I hope and pray the monsoon season this year will be better than the last several. Ta-ta for now.

Hope you all enjoy the day.

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

No bike today. Decided to catch up on projects instead. Another lapghan for donation and finished the caterpillar amd his hooka . (Part of me winces at portraying drug use, but it is a gift for an adult so i made it).

16215433583402037381731.jpg

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1

Reni, sometimes I think we all need a KFC sandwich in our lives LOL,

Ratdog, I am so old school I about reeled when Ds#1 drove me to downtown Charlotte and there was a hookah bar.... I told him in my day you hid that stuff in the crawl space under the bath tub..🤣

• Haha 1

good evening

most of the morning  I was on the phone to Ortho, asking why they did'nt get back to me yesterday, anyway knee is still locked up.have an appt. on Monday

went out the library at the far reaches till you are just about to cross the James River bridge, okay since we are from all over, have a question anyone know of or have you eaten pawpaw fruit??, I was so darn excited till I found out it takes 4-8 yrs to produce fruit, this was available at the library,good thing I got red peppers and cucumbers

I tell you the things you learn, anyone know the history of PEZ

the slogan went something like smoking is verboten, but Pezing is allowed

Hello,

I missed you all yesterday, I had my granddaughter here after work.

Today it was work and take dad to a dentist appt. I went in the grocery store next to the dentist to pick up a rotisserie chicken and salads for dinner. He didn't finish at the dentist until 6 pm. 

Lea I hope you are feeling better.

Ratdog the afghan looks great and the caterpillar and hookah are very cute.

Lyn I hope you get some relief with your knee very soon.

I think I'll go play with some yarn for a little while. Have a good evening.

• Like 1