granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

Happy Thanksgiving!!:ttalk:pilgrim

Mona hope you have a great day with your son and family.

Made all our sides yesterday so just need to reheat those and cook the turkey breast and we will have dinner.  Going to SIL's for dessert tonight.

Hope all of you have a wonderful day.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

This was Halloween at JC Wyatt house in St Joseph MO.  People made reservations tonight for next year.

Yes, the yarn tossing was horrible.... Chris said he felt like he needed to go home and take all the sharp objects out of the house🤣

Posted Images

When I got up yesterday morning, GD was just taking the pumpkin pie out of the oven, the candied yams were ready to go in the oven and the potatoes peeled and cut to make mashed. Surprised me! All the food was wonderful and GD and GS did all the cleanup. I was so impressed. That's the first turkey dinner she's cooked by herself (following my recipes). I am so proud of her. She wouldn't let me do anything except supervise and make the gravy. Needless to say, leftovers today- Yay!

I hope everyone was able to enjoy the day- coughs and all, and today will be a day to enjoy and relax.

• Like 2

That sounds like a nice day for you Reni.

We had our Turkey dinner on Wednesday.  On Thursday we had turkey sandwiches.  I am Turkeyed out.

Just working on my afghan, and chilling.

• Like 3

Dinner turned out well and we had a nice visit for dessert.  It worked out much easier.

Boxed all the doll donations today so we can drop off on Friday and man we made an amazing amount of stuff this year.  When I have the boxes in a place together I'll take a pic for everyone to see.  I'm still waiting to see how DH is going to fit them all in the car.  He's an amazing packer so we will have to see how he makes it work.

This morning I started the day switching out the outdoor garden flags and the metal holiday garden stakes I've been collecting this year.  I was thrilled to find a turkey for Thanksgiving is much harder to find cute simple outdoor decorations for Thanksgiving.  I kept out my fall non-Halloween themed gnomes until today.

Today I started with the Christmas garden stakes I've been accumulating the last few months.  I have a set of gnomes, and a gnome sleigh.  I had another sleigh on order but demand was high and my order got cancelled.  I do have a Nativity, some elves, and a sign that you can change with the seasons on order.  Hopefully those won't be cancelled.  I like the way it brightens the yard.

Had to reorganize the boxes for the Thanksgiving and Halloween decorations.  I've had the Thanksgiving box for over 20 years and has finally given notice it will not be seeing another Thanksgiving. While it was not the best day for the project it was a great chance to get rid of the stuff that is broken, no longer used, missing pieces, etc.  I found Thanksgiving ornaments I made last year that I couldn't find when I went through the box to decorate this year.  They had gotten stuck in something else.  The upside is the way I've got it organized now its much easier to see stuff as it isn't all packed in a giant moving box.

If I can move tomorrow we are scheduled for another Pickleball class tomorrow morning!!!

Can't wait to see the pile of boxes.  Glad the kids are back to doing the work.

Watching a hockey game the Lightning is playing the Kraken.  Yeah you read that right.  We are winning.  

Oh by the way, Games yesterday were perfect.  Dallas, Chicago and bad was the Lions losing.  

So am shutting down now.

• Like 1

Good Morning.  53 and maybe getting up to 68.

Sun is shinning and not a cloud in the sky.

Maybe I will do some changing of the table today.

Have a fun day.

• Like 1

well my goodness huh  i feel guilty having such a nice thanksgiving now lol  but we did..  Kids were here, we had turkey brest, i only buy the brests for a long time now, as no one eats the dark meat anyway lol  we also make a big pan of stuffing too, and all the other goodies, course we all ate too much, and wanted to nap after lol  

well good as it was, kinda glad it is over now, and we will all get back to whatever is normal lol 

i just got the pics posted on thr other form for the squares i got in nov. lol  better late than never hguh!!   

I am oing to put some pics on show and tell too, so check that out as well  

we are doing our best to comlete 100 ghans by jan lol  we might just make it  who knows!!  

everyone here is fine, Maxie got his share of turkey too, and all is well today  it is bright and sunny, with a high of 60 expected today, as yesterday was cool and very windy  never two days alike here lol  

all for now ladies, take care   Katie  

• Like 1

Good morning! Sunny here and in the low 70's all week. Usually by now it's much cooler, but hey, this is Arizona! I'm waiting for DD to get here to help me with the major housework. Then the GS is stopping by for coffee and pie. He's so grateful for the 4 day weekend from work and school.

It's nice to hear so many enjoyed the holiday and your dinners. I too am "turkeyed out". Turkey sandwich for lunch yesterday, then, leftovers for dinner. That's plenty for me. I hope GS will take all the rest of the meat with him since I only like turkey breast, and then not much at that.

DD's here so, toodles for now and hope you all enjoy the day.

The beauty of cooking for Thanksgiving is we don't generally have to cook much for another week with all the other left overs.

36 degrees with a potential of a high of 38 today.  I don't mind because its bright and clear not dark and wet which it can be in November.  We did get a dusting of snow but only enough to make it seasonal.

Got second session of pickleball in this morning.  Signed up for full Jan session.  They won't be offering week to week in the New Year.  That's fine.  It was hard in Nov and Dec to schedule.  Next week is our last session even though there are 2 more for Dec as there are just other things conflicting in Dec.  Other than weather Jan is a bit more flexible.

Need to finish hat and a shoe and I'll have another outfit done for the Lil Cutesies dolls I'm giving for Christmas.  Also picked up the pattern I need for their annual Christmas ornaments.  Hoping to finish the dress today and get started on the ornaments.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Good Morning 55 degrees.

Up before the sun today and sitting here with my tea watching it get lighter and lighter.

FOOTBALL today and also a Lightning game.  Our team is in Minnesota today, so I am sure they are colder than us.

Have a fun day tody.

Welcome back Snowbear! Good to see you back here. 

Cool again last night-down to 40°F! Burr. Beautiful blue skies and no wind, still lovin' it.

I looked through patterns last night trying to get a handle on some small projects to crochet for Christmas gifts, but, nothing pops out and says "Make Me". Maybe some more Christmas Angels??? I do make one GD a scarf every Christmas and she still has each one since she was about 8. She's 30 now (where'd that time go?). I suggested she donate some to the women's shelter since they have children there also and some are still brand new. I'll keep hunting for ideas for gifts and if nothing pops out, so be it.

Happy Blessed Sunday!

Between moving, getting old and tired,  covid, and changing family dynamics our holidays are just different.  Last Mon someone staying at nieces house put nieces and their dog in back yard knowing they could get out.  Niece had left for an appointment and dogs did not need to be out.  Niece's dog was struck by a car and killed.  Didnt help when person says maybe niece would like another one for Christmas.  Niece didnt want this dog but it needed her.  It rarely left niece's side.  It had been a hurricane rescue and I am sure it had been abused. The guy that rescued him married niece's friend and she already had two dogs.  The dog really liked my niece so eventually she took him.

4 hours ago, bgs said:

Between moving, getting old and tired,  covid, and changing family dynamics our holidays are just different.  Last Mon someone staying at nieces house put nieces and their dog in back yard knowing they could get out.  Niece had left for an appointment and dogs did not need to be out.  Niece's dog was struck by a car and killed.  Didnt help when person says maybe niece would like another one for Christmas.  Niece didnt want this dog but it needed her.  It rarely left niece's side.  It had been a hurricane rescue and I am sure it had been abused. The guy that rescued him married niece's friend and she already had two dogs.  The dog really liked my niece so eventually she took him.

OMWord that's sad. I'm so sorry for your niece.

That is so sad about the dog, not that he had not been thru enough.  What a cold hearted person.  

Well, still chilly here 56 got down to 49:wbrr  We may get up to 70 today.

Started to put Thanksgiving stuff away and put up Christmas stuff.  The temps are perfect for putting up Christmas stuff.

Have a fun day.

We're still having great weather here. Maybe that's one reason why I cannot for the life of me get into Christmas crocheting. Guess there's just too many family dramas going on. I remember how great it was when all the grands were children and the worst things that happened was a lower than usual report card or a scraped knee. Or maybe their bicycle chain wouldn't go back on right until Grandpa got home from work to fix it. Geez, am I ever sounding melancholy! Off to do some chores and get in a better mood! 😃🎅 

:waving  74° today and 40° tonight. Couldn't ask for a better day! I actually cooked last night! Easy Goulash. It turned out pretty good. I haven't made it in years and it was my kids favorite meal (besides McDonald's of course) when they were growing up. I don't usually cook very much. Standing too long is too painful on my knee and my walker just gets in the way. Off to do a few chores, read a little in the sun and dig through Christmas cookie recipes. Have a splendid day!

Dec 1 and its a glorious 60° with lots of sunshine and no wind.  Didnt even need a light jacket when I was out. Mon was even warmer so I got my outside Christmas decorations up, got fall stuff put away, and got my mom's ceramic trees out.  We attended the small  lighting ceremony last night for the little tree that we helped with stringing the lights. This was our first time so didnt really know what to expect.  The guy that lights the tree was out of town.  We saw the lady in charge of the ceremony go out and start pulling lights out from the tree (about waist high) looking for the place to connect the cord.  After realizing she was clueless we ran out to help because we knew it was at bottom of tree near the trunk.  It was dark so it took a bit of crawling on the ground under the tree to find it.  She thanked us for averting a tree lighting disaster. 

21 minutes ago, bgs said:

Dec 1 and its a glorious 60° with lots of sunshine and no wind.  Didnt even need a light jacket when I was out. Mon was even warmer so I got my outside Christmas decorations up, got fall stuff put away, and got my mom's ceramic trees out.  We attended the small  lighting ceremony last night for the little tree that we helped with stringing the lights. This was our first time so didnt really know what to expect.  The guy that lights the tree was out of town.  We saw the lady in charge of the ceremony go out and start pulling lights out from the tree (about waist high) looking for the place to connect the cord.  After realizing she was clueless we ran out to help because we knew it was at bottom of tree near the trunk.  It was dark so it took a bit of crawling on the ground under the tree to find it.  She thanked us for averting a tree lighting disaster. 

Brenda and Hubby to the rescue- You 2 are amazing!

Up since 5AM.  Just couldn't sleep.  Guess it will be a nap this afternoon.

I have had ENOUGH of this cold.  It is 55, I want my heat back.

Quite day today, no interlopers and lots of time to work on my very warm graph ghan.

Have a fun day.

We hit a record high of 71° yesterday and its going to be upper 60's today.  Catching up on laundry and prepping for tomorrow.  Dh has a practice session with some others this afternoon.  Garage door guy called and he and IT will be here this afternoon.  Tomorrow the dulcimer Christmas concert is here.  Then we are off to a party with the ladies I used to work with.  Its great that we live nearby the lady hosting.  I have to get all the serving dishes washed and packed along with crackers, chips, Scooby snacks, ginger ale and diet coke. The dips are made and ready to go.  Need to rip into the round pumpernickel loaf to make the bread bowl for dip.  I am going to have just enough time to grab things to head out after the dulcimer concert.  Not going to have time to make it to bonsai or neighborhood meeting. 

Feeling almost back to normal today, I am outside of Charlotte at my oldest son's house watching my 6yo grandson while Mama and Daddy have a Christmas get away.

He and I are quite a pair with both of us still coughing from our bronchitis.

He missed this bus this morning so I had to drive him to school, sure not like the old days of car pool lines... He was in the back the whole time going..." Oh MeMe, you don't know what you are doing do you"....

No confidence!  Anyhow... I am making him cookies for when he gets home because he will be frazzled I am sure as he was suppose to wear a green shirt and no one told me so he is in burgandy,,

I am watching Christmas movies and crocheting... I found this ADORABLE Grinch I am working up... he goes quickly...

Grinch

Getting into the 70's here today, going to take my lunch out back and enjoy the sunshine!

The Grinch is really cute. So are the other ornaments- love that reindeer. The videos really help too. Thanks!

ETA: I got sucked into that site and stayed looking around at patterns and videos for over an hour. Must be part of a Black Hole! LOL

Edited by ReniC