granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

21 hours ago, bgs said:

Dh and I had sore arms and mild flu like symptoms on second shot but only sore arms after booster (shot 3).  

Good to know. Thanks! I had a mild headache and fever after the 2nd shot, but it was gone the next morning. DD had a very sore arm immediately after the 2nd shot which lasted almost a week. The RN that gave it said she must have hit a nerve!

On another note: No bone-in turkey breasts in this town so daughter found a 10 lb turkey for us. We have 5 major chain grocery stores here and not one had this type turkey. 4 of the 5 stores were out of cranberry sauce and all were out of fresh cranberries! I was able to get everything else on my dinner list. Except I forgot the asparagus. No traditional Italian dishes planned this year since it's just the 3 of us. We usually always had, lasagna, baked ziti, my Christmas pizza and Spinach & Bean Soup along with the traditional Thanksgiving turkey and trimmings. We always had at least 20 people for dinner too. Everyone got to take home leftovers if they wanted. Times sure have changed.

Edited by ReniC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Yes, the yarn tossing was horrible.... Chris said he felt like he needed to go home and take all the sharp objects out of the house🤣

This was Halloween at JC Wyatt house in St Joseph MO.  People made reservations tonight for next year.

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, ReniC said:

Good to know. Thanks! I had a mild headache and fever after the 2nd shot, but it was gone the next morning. DD had a very sore arm immediately after the 2nd shot which lasted almost a week. The RN that gave it said she must have hit a nerve!

On another note: No bone-in turkey breasts in this town so daughter found a 10 lb turkey for us. We have 5 major chain grocery stores here and not one had this type turkey. 4 of the 5 stores were out of cranberry sauce and all were out of fresh cranberries! I was able to get everything else on my dinner list. Except I forgot the asparagus. No traditional Italian dishes planned this year since it's just the 3 of us. We usually always had, lasagna, baked ziti, my Christmas pizza and Spinach & Bean Soup along with the traditional Thanksgiving turkey and trimmings. We always had at least 20 people for dinner too. Everyone got to take home leftovers if they wanted. Times sure have changed.

Oh my!  I have been hearing about possible shortages of Thanksgiving food so I had to fight my impulse to buy a turkey just because they might be scarce when I first saw them.  Doesnt seem to be an issue on getting turkey and cranberries in our area. 

Gee I hope you feel better Branda.  That hurts when it gets into your chest.

Ok Brenda, if the Chiefs are ever going to kick A-- TODAY is the day.  They will be playing the Cowboys at 4:25.  The Eagles are winning and the Bucs play tomorrow.  Of course we have the Hockey Lightning today at 5.  Let's hope they play better than last night.

41 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Gee I hope you feel better Branda.  That hurts when it gets into your chest.

Ok Brenda, if the Chiefs are ever going to kick A-- TODAY is the day.  They will be playing the Cowboys at 4:25.  The Eagles are winning and the Bucs play tomorrow.  Of course we have the Hockey Lightning today at 5.  Let's hope they play better than last night.

Yes Mary Jo its time the Chiefs bring the Preston Road trophy  back to KC.

Coughing but not as bad here,, sometimes when I hear the news I just want to retreat back into our little niche and let the world and all the ugliness pass by. but we remember our grands and dive back into the world to try and do our part..

29 minutes ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Coughing but not as bad here,, sometimes when I hear the news I just want to retreat back into our little niche and let the world and all the ugliness pass by. but we remember our grands and dive back into the world to try and do our part..

Hope you'll be feeling better soon!

Geeze Lea, take care of that cough.  They can linger.

Hoping to get help out to the garage tomorrow when our friend comes.  I want to pick out the boxes I want brought in for Christmas decorating.  Can't put up what I use to, but I can bring in the ones I want.  I will have him put them in the front bedroom.

Well, the Chiefs are looking ok.  they are still beating Dallas.  Eagles won and the lightning is winning.  So looks like it may be a good night.

Time to shut down.

Have a good night see you in the morning.

Not my picture!!! 

Can anyone help me find the pattern to these fingerless gloves please ?? They really want this pattern. Thank you so much

I had no problem  getting everything on my Thanksgiving food list... but I did hear the same thing. If I didn't  get the things we would learn to live without it..

IMG_3037.jpg

Good Morning.

Reni, I had to laugh at your Italian Thanksgiving.  When I was in High School, I had a friend who was Italian and she invited me over for their dinner.  Out came the lasagna and ziti and other pasta dishes, along with the anti-pasta.  What did I know, and Irish/Polish girl.  So I ate the pasta and enjoyed it.  Then came the fruit, then the turkey and all that goes with it.  I could not believe the amount of food.  Let's not forget the different wine with each course.  To say the least I was stuffed and the next time I was invited, I knew what to expect.  

Rainy and 70 this morning.  We were suppose to have a friend over to work in the yard and check the pool.  Not going to happen today.

Well, yesterday was a good day for football.  The Eagles won, and best of all KC won.  Tonight is the Bucs game and hope they win.  Oh yeah, the Lightning won last night also.

Have a fun day.

4 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.

Reni, I had to laugh at your Italian Thanksgiving.  When I was in High School, I had a friend who was Italian and she invited me over for their dinner.  Out came the lasagna and ziti and other pasta dishes, along with the anti-pasta.  What did I know, and Irish/Polish girl.  So I ate the pasta and enjoyed it.  Then came the fruit, then the turkey and all that goes with it.  I could not believe the amount of food.  Let's not forget the different wine with each course.  To say the least I was stuffed and the next time I was invited, I knew what to expect.  

Rainy and 70 this morning.  We were suppose to have a friend over to work in the yard and check the pool.  Not going to happen today.

Well, yesterday was a good day for football.  The Eagles won, and best of all KC won.  Tonight is the Bucs game and hope they win.  Oh yeah, the Lightning won last night also.

Have a fun day.

Sounds exactly like how it was at my MIL's EVERY holiday! My MIL was Irish so she threw in a few of her traditions too like stuffed cabbage and Irish Stew among other things. It was always a feast. St Paddy's day was her favorite for food.

Here's my take on a joke for Thanksgiving Day! Maybe I should do this Thursday! Turkey Tan Lines- LOL

Tan.jpg

• Haha 1

Oh Reni, that is HYSTERICAL

Had a rough night last night with the coughing... a slow day today... taking all the meds...

when I am to sick to crochet you know its bad, although I did walk down to the mailbox and back....

Not sure if I am going to family Thanksgiving or not at this rate, sure would hate my inlaws to get this

19 hours ago, owlvamp said:

Not my picture!!! 

Can anyone help me find the pattern to these fingerless gloves please ?? They really want this pattern. Thank you so much

I had no problem  getting everything on my Thanksgiving food list... but I did hear the same thing. If I didn't  get the things we would learn to live without it..

IMG_3037.jpg

Could it be this pattern?

1 hour ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Oh Reni, that is HYSTERICAL

Had a rough night last night with the coughing... a slow day today... taking all the meds...

when I am to sick to crochet you know its bad, although I did walk down to the mailbox and back....

Not sure if I am going to family Thanksgiving or not at this rate, sure would hate my inlaws to get this

Lea: I would love to prank my GS with this. He'd get a kick out of it.

I'm so sorry you are so ill. Prayers are coming from here for a speedy recovery and hey- tell your in-laws to send you over a bunch of leftovers!

I'll trade you, Mary Jo. It's 34, supposed to get to 56 today. I've got to get busy and finish up some cleaning. Two of the grands for coming for a sleep over tonight. Then a little cooking to do Wednesday.

Painters are almost done. Had an internet problem--line got cut, but they came the same morning I called.

Breakfast time now, I guess.

Hey I'll even take the 56.  It's 35 and we are supposed to get up to a whopping 38 for a high today.  We might get a break on Thanksgiving though it is supposed to be a warm high of 54.  Rainy and cold for black Friday.  Thankfully don't generally shop on Black Friday in the stores as a rule.

DH and I started to learn to play Pickleball at the Y last Saturday.  I was lots of fun.  They have an interesting class format in that its scheduled for a certain number of dates ending before Christmas but you register for each one individually so you can start or stop at any time or skip dates that you have conflicts without paying.  We've signed up for 3 classes have a conflict with the 4th and aren't certain about the last one the week before Christmas.  There's always so much to be done that weekend.  It is a fun way to get some activity though.

May have finally found a place to get dogs pictures with Santa done.  One day only and of course the day I find it is the one day DH is working on site so I have to wait to find out about scheduling.

Hope you all have a great day.

Never heard of Pickleball before and after looking it up it sounds like a lot of fun. I used to play tennis and got pretty good at it. Then moved to Arizona and never took it back up. Shame on me. I guess golf consumed me to the bone.

We have a freeze warning for Thursday night, so, today I need to cover my outdoor faucets and Thursday I'll have my GS cover the rose bushes. Today will be about 69°F and a slight breeze. Back up to the low 70's next week. Go figure!

Wanted to learn tennis when I was younger but never got around to it.  Now I don't have the wrists or shoulders for the game.  This is a cross between tennis, badminton, and table tennis.  Its a fun way to get some winter exercise.  I believe there are some outdoor courts in the area for summer too.

I went to bed last night with a migraine starting. The aura kept me awake for at least an hour. When the meds finally kicked in, I slept until 10 am! 😱 I don't feel too bad today considering.

Today GD and I are baking the pie, then preparing the candied yams and asparagus for tomorrow. I cook the turkey in a baking bag so, that will eliminate having to baste. We made a new recipe for chicken enchiladas for dinner last night and it was okay, but, I don't think I'll be using the recipe again.

Not much else going on today, so I will close for now and wish everyone Happy Thanksgiving and prayers for those that are ill to recuperate quickly. 

Glad Pickle ball went well, I have a friend who travels all over the US playing in pickle ball tournaments...

Chris and I made the joint decision and the call to not go to Thanksgiving tomorrow. I am still coughing and we are both just run down. I have a ham I will lop in the oven with taters and green beans and give Thanks for it.

I hope I feel like crocheting tomorrow, I need to do something besides sit..

I did finish another audio book today,,this was about Queen Catherine Parr. Henry the VIII's 6th wife.  Very interesting.  Cough meds are kicking in... off to bed...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone... You all made my Thankful for List!

The guy teaching the class plays in tournaments like that.  I'm just looking for some activities that will get us active and having some fun doing it.  There are a couple of the local high schools that offer adult ed programs twice a year and I'm going to look at the Jan programs for some fun activities that are within are physical abilities but will be fun too.  I don't see us playing in pickleball tournaments but I could see us playing for fun and exercise in the future.  It's just a fun way to get some exercise. I'm hoping we can find some other opportunities that will also be fun and get us out an exercising.

We are going to have our meal here since we really enjoyed the meal changes we made last year during COVID when we only had to think of what we wanted to eat.  SIL is hosting as she wanted to have her SIL and a friend.  So we told them we'd join them for dessert.  We can still spend some time together but we can have the food we eat without expecting anyone else to change what they love. 

I like audio books, especially when I'm doing tasks like my morning stretches or house chores.  I find the time passes much more pleasantly when I'm distracted by a good book. 

Almost have another dress done for the Christmas dolls.  It just needs shoes.  I really am a moron If I'd decided on this project earlier I'd probably be done by now.  Oh well.  I have a Barbie project for my cousin's twin grandaughters for a post Christmas date.  I picked Barbie Vet for my new model and donations so I picked up a couple more for the twins.  I found some Barbie pets to add to the set.  While Barbie is always a challenge looking forward to getting this project started for them.  Delightful kids.

I'm having a few minutes of semi-quiet before DS comes over to fry the turkey and it's time to put the dressing in the oven. Then just heat the rolls and gravy.  It's raining, so a perfect day to be inside eating and visiting with family.

2 of the grands have spent the night the last two nights. So now I'm caught up on sleepovers for all 4 for now. LOL