granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Well here its 25°, ground is white and its snowing again. The first two dogs of the day wanted nothing to do with going outside.  Their MO is not to go out for their owners in bad weather but dh is mo

Yes, the yarn tossing was horrible.... Chris said he felt like he needed to go home and take all the sharp objects out of the house🤣

Posted Images

It's raining and cool this evening after a nice but cloudy day. Wasted an hour trip yesterday to get the oil changed in the truck--their worker called in that he had to be in court. The pool people finally got here to winterize and cover the pool. Saw my primary Dr. that afternoon about my ankles swelling--probably the BP med, so stopped one and started a new one today. I have an apt with a cardiologist next month--just to cover all the bases--and with an orthopedist to address my recurring hip bursitis which makes it impossible to walk for exercise.

Today I saw the chiropractor and he upped my exercises. I'll be surprised if I don't have sore muscles tomorrow. Then got new tires on the Jeep and found out they do oil changes (and are much closer).

Hoping for a quiet day tomorrow and maybe some hook time.

Mona hope all the drs get you fine tuned so you are good to keep on going.  And great on finding a closer place on getting something done.  

Yesterday I went to my sisters.  We went thru old cards, letters and a few photos that belonged to our grandmother and aunt.  It was funny reading letters we wrote as kids and reading letters my dad and grandparents wrote.  

This morning we both had eye appointments.  Dh did not need new glasses and eye dr is still pleased how well my cataract surgery turned out.  Guy came today to work on fireplace.  Didnt expect to see him so soon as figured he was having to work on furnaces with it getting colder out.  Had to break down and turn ours on the other night as that morning it was 61 in the house.  Was going to just turn on the fireplace rather than the furnace and thats when we discovered it wouldnt light.  I had questions for him about settings on the humidifier.  Glad he looked at it because the guy that replaced the evaporation pad a few months ago didnt get it seated right. Also asked him about the filter warning on the thermostat.  Its been on ever since we moved in.  We have asked a couple of guys and they didnt know how to reset it.  This guy reset it so now we know how.  Dh had trouble with two garage door remotes yesterday.  Guy came yesterday and they worked fine.  Last night and today they didnt work.  Guy came today and they worked so he replaced batteries in the remotes.  If happens again then he will replace remotes.  

11 hours ago, bgs said:

Mona hope all the drs get you fine tuned so you are good to keep on going.  And great on finding a closer place on getting something done.  

Yesterday I went to my sisters.  We went thru old cards, letters and a few photos that belonged to our grandmother and aunt.  It was funny reading letters we wrote as kids and reading letters my dad and grandparents wrote.  

This morning we both had eye appointments.  Dh did not need new glasses and eye dr is still pleased how well my cataract surgery turned out.  Guy came today to work on fireplace.  Didnt expect to see him so soon as figured he was having to work on furnaces with it getting colder out.  Had to break down and turn ours on the other night as that morning it was 61 in the house.  Was going to just turn on the fireplace rather than the furnace and thats when we discovered it wouldnt light.  I had questions for him about settings on the humidifier.  Glad he looked at it because the guy that replaced the evaporation pad a few months ago didnt get it seated right. Also asked him about the filter warning on the thermostat.  Its been on ever since we moved in.  We have asked a couple of guys and they didnt know how to reset it.  This guy reset it so now we know how.  Dh had trouble with two garage door remotes yesterday.  Guy came yesterday and they worked fine.  Last night and today they didnt work.  Guy came today and they worked so he replaced batteries in the remotes.  If happens again then he will replace remotes.  

The working when they try it reminds me of my father and my younger son. We've always laughed and said they have the magic touch. My dryer has been making a noise for a year now and I'm just waiting until it quits to replace it. For months my son could come over and turn it on and it was fine. It got to be a joke--whenever he came by, I would tell him to go touch the dryer.

Having so many maintenance and repair people on staff sounds like a little bit of heaven on earth. LOL

Mona it was weird but wonderful going from a life time of diy to I got a guy for that.  My sister's dryer has had an off and on  squeak for years.  I think its the idler pulley and not terribly difficult to replace.  That was one of our easier successful diy repairs a few years ago when it broke.

Just a warning. Be very aware what you are buying this days when it comes to furniture and other stuff to be deliver later..(you can not take that with you from store).

You just might get a junk'y replica of that item what you seen in that sire and paid for that. 

For the past week I went thru "Hell" trying to return that. I almost lost 3.000,00 dollars.  Finally I made them to take that back, they knew I have a good "case against them". On the end I lost 300 Bucks for "re-stocking fee". I let it go at that.

About couple years or so ago I was looking at sofas at Macy's and yes I was reading some comments there. At that time I could not  believed what I was reading...Those costumers were complaining: "Those sofa's they got delivered to their home it was a piece of junk!. Those were NOT the same sofa's as those floor samples in Macy's store!!.

I bought an expensive bed NOT from Macy's. Same thing happened to me! :(.  Two days after delivery I called costumer service telling them : "They need to take that back!". I was told they can come and take only the "top part" back but NOT the base!!.  I paid almost $6.000,00 ( six thousand) for that bed. The price for that base was almost half of that price (about $3.000,00). I could not believe what I was hearing from them. That is when I got really angry..!. Now, WHAT ON EARTH I WOULD BE DOING WITH THE BASE OF THAT BED???. At first I thought that must be a joke!.

I need to add. I was not able to be home at the time when that bed was delivered. My daughter was here on that day to except that delivery, I was in Boston. If I would been home I would NOT let them to leave that junky bed in my house.

Be aware off being taken for a "ride"...  Specially at this time with everything what is going on in our country.... Most of those crooks they probably just getting away with all of that...

Krys 

Good Morning.

I have not been on for a couple of days, and boy are you all busy.  

Mona, I do hope your new exercises are helping.  What is the old saying?  No Pain No Gain.  I keep telling myself that everytime I do my exercises.  

Ok, when i think the world, can't get any stupider, they top the last stupid idea.  Now Peta wants to change the word BullPen in baseball to Arm Barn.  I almost fell off my chair laughing.

So Off to see what the world has to offer.

Have a fun day.

Well the garage door worked fine multiple times Thurs until the final time dh wanted in for the night and has worked then.  Will call the guy next week.  Thurs evening we attended the Reunited party.  Tables were decorated for all the different holidays, Mardi Gras, baseball, birthday etc to represent everything we missed the last year.  There was a dj.  Menu was barbecued chicken breast, slaw, baked beans, Texas potatoes, corn nuggets, corn bread, brownies, cupcakes, coffee, tea, pandemic party punch, wine and beer and champagne at the end. The Easter bunny was there handing out candy filled eggs and Santa was handing out candy canes.  It was fun but thinking we will pass on the New Years eve one.  We are not really that much into the liquor and the desserts. (That combo would have me sick all night) Cant see paying $25 each for appetizers and the band.  The dinner Thurs night was just $15.  

Went to store Fri and was in kitchen rest of the day.  Glad the rain is over and we have sun today.  We met a guy for breakfast and bowled for a bit.  I have pulled our costume accessories out for tomorrow.  Need to look them over to see if anything needs tweaked and decide what to wear with it.

We had trick or treating last night. It was a quiet night. 40+ kids which is a great change from the 200+ we had in 2018. The town now blocks off traffic on our long double block and you have to walk it (1 mile) or do one end or the other. I'm in a really small town of maybe 300 so having 200 trick or treaters was insane. 

We have sun again today so I'll definitely be out in it if only to sit and relax a while.

• Like 1

Happy Halloween!!🎃:jack:skeleton

Last year we had a significant number of trick or treaters I believe because some of the surrounding towns cancelled.

Going to put up the candy shoot we used last year when people were pushing for touch less distribution.  Lots of people just left out bowls but many kids just grabbed the candy and there was nothing for the kids that came later.

The dogs much preferred being outside seeing everything to having the doorbell constantly ring.

It's been pouring all week and cold but in the 60's today with sun so it should be a nice night for the kids.  Not like the snow we had last year.

Edited by Bailey4
  • Like 1

Happy Halloween!

My posts are not staying on after I submit my reply. Sorta strange. Maybe this one will stick.

I made this wreath 3 years ago for my daughter. I probably posted it then. Can't believe it's already been that long.

Hope all have a fun Halloween.

Romy Wreath 10-2018.jpg

• Like 1

Reni: Love the wreath.

We will have our homecare worker come tonight to help me.  Last year we had about 5 to 10 kids.  Hopefully we will have more tonight.

Right now watching football, enjoying the sun and NO humidity.

Had jack o peppers for lunch.  Getting ready to head up to St. Jo.  Its just under a 2 hour drive.  Will be going here this evening with friends and friends of friends.  From things I have seen this place does a fantastic job decorating for Halloween.

What a great night!!!

We had the lowest number of trick or treaters I can ever remember having since we moved here. It was shame because our neighbor set up his best haunted yard yet.

I donated the doll's chef hat I'd made and I'll need to make for the doll chef outfit I'm donating.

.IMG_1062.jpg.png.24297417cae8a8d0ccf43f9401d052be.png

Edited by Bailey4
  • Like 1

I am sitting here laughing.  Love the decorations.  I sat outside last night with Kari my home care worker.  She volunteered to come and help me give out treats to the kids.

My neighbors on the one side were dressed at pirates and the guy on the corner had his projection TV out and we got the watch football.  We had quite a few kids, but not as many as before, but more than last year.  Not many teenagers.  It was fun and so much easier than having them come up to the door.  Trick or Treat was done by 8PM.

Well it was quite cool for us and today I am wearing long pants.

Have a fun day.

• Like 1

Off to the doctor for routine visit then need to stop on the way home to vote in local elections.

Mary Jo, we started sitting outside last year when it snowed and I'm thinking unless we get bad weather I'm not going back to sitting inside.  DH brought out his iPad and was watching the Patriots play giving updates to the parents as they came by.  Then he switched over to Red Zone and was watching all the games so sitting outside wasn't an issue for him either.

Switched over my Halloween to Thanksgiving decorations yesterday.

Yesterday was a cold rainy day.  Cold enough there was some snow.  We went to an apple orchard about 40 miles away only to find out they were closed on Mon and Tues.  They had just changed their website as I had checked it on Sat. Stopped at Menards for some things so it wasnt a wasted trip.  And although it was raining the trees out that way were really pretty.

This morning we are waiting on the bus to take us for our boosters.  We were notified of our appointments on Fri. so really glad it didnt conflict with other appointments we have.

You all are so much more exciting then me..LOL.. we had no one for Halloween except grands ... we just live so far off the road...

We had a book signing  from 3-5. My brother was visiting from Kentucky and we met some really great folks!

book signing.jpg

• Like 1