granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

Hi All. Just popping in reading everyone's notes. It's nice to read what everyone is up to and about their weather changes. Even after all these years I miss the 4 seasons in the Lake Tahoe area. It was a very special place to my family for all year long.

Sunday had a surprise for me as my DD was given an extra day off so she cooked dinner for us. Surf and Turf. What a feast! I saved the steak for last night's dinner, but enjoyed the King Crab legs and all the sides she made. Since she's gone back to work I haven't seen her but a few moments a day on her way to work. I'm so blessed to have such a caring and giving DD.

One or two rounds on the afghan and it's done! Finally. Then on to other projects.

"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight." Phyllis Diller

• Like 2

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Yes, the yarn tossing was horrible.... Chris said he felt like he needed to go home and take all the sharp objects out of the house🤣

That sounds like a nice day for you Reni. We had our Turkey dinner on Wednesday.  On Thursday we had turkey sandwiches.  I am Turkeyed out. Just working on my afghan, and chilling.

Posted Images

Sandra, I hope you had a great day for you anniversary.  It is always nice to see a couple celebrating an annicersary.

Grass cut, water delivered and a quite cool day.

Off to watch the hockey game.

What a pretty day today! No wind and up to about 73°. Can't ask for more. I'm curious about what winter will be like here since we had so much wonderful rain this summer. 

I hope all are having a very pleasant day.

Yesterday dh squeaked in time between dog walking to run have his birthday burger at Red Robin. 

Maintenance had been in while we were out to change furnace filter.  They had been there day before to replace some parts on accordion door in front of washer/dryer. 

Later IT guy came to do something on emergency squawk box.  Picked his brain about smart tv's and recent changes made here with the cable channels.  Before he left he did a rescan on both tv's and went in and made adjustments so the volume is much better.  Talked to him about what to purchase as far as a sound bar but now might not really need one.  Told him I might not be smart enough to hook one up.  He said sure you are, just call me.  Hadnt met him before but he called after CCI set up our computer tv, phone, and emergency squawk box to make sure things were working ok.   I did get the other tv hooked up and going when we brought it up.  Its so cool to have a guy to help us old folk with technology, along with the guy that mows the grass, and the guy to fix things.  

Good morning.  Up early and still have the nice weather, but that will be gone soon.

Brenda, the TV's and such are getting to smart for me.  I am hoping for a tv that I can tell to turn on and off and what channel or show I want.

Off to the foot Dr. this afternoon.  Long over due.

Have a fun day today.

Hope Dr. Appointment goes well!

I'm home cleaning  getting ready for our Halloween  party . Need to start decorating  so ill be ready.  Lately I need weeks ahead of time to get it all finished..

Good evening.

We had a busy day.  Got a grocery delivery and they forgot the ground beef to make chillie.

Then later around 10 AM our daughter who lives in NJ was down with her boyfriend, came to visit for a couple of hours.  It was nice to see them, as it has been about 2 years.

Here we are.  Me, John, Christina and Christopher.  I am sitting on my walker, John on his recliner and everyone else on the floor and arm of the couch.

It was  a nice visit.

Getting ready to shut down, but wanted to say Hi!

John, me Chrissy and Chris.jpg

Mary Jo love your family photo. You are all looking good.  Hope you had a nice visit.

Wind is chilly out today so had to grab a jacket.  We had bonsai this morning.  Came back so dh could walk the dog for lady that had hip replacement.  Another one of his ladies hasnt been feeling well. He saw her cat today as it always watches for him but she didnt answer.  Later heard she was taken to hospital by ambulance so he called public safety to tell them about the cat and where its food is kept.  One dog walk left at 6p and another at 8p. 

MJ I LOVE the picture of you and your family... Handsome folks right there!

Had Date day with the hubs, we went to a military history show at the airport and then to lunch... ended up doing our monthly grocery  shopping afterward. Of course we are worn out and about ready for bed.

We bought a new bulky comforter for our bed but last night we got to hot for it and went back to the cotton quilt...we'll give it a try when things get colder.

Mary Jo beautiful picture with the family.  Great to see you got a chance to gather together!!

We are getting back to real fall weather.  Actually had the heat on yesterday.

hello all mj looking good, nice picture!! 

sandra, that is always a fun trip, we always rode a hay wagon into the pumpkin fields, did you all ??

pineyknot and mini, good to hear all is well with you both, Brenda, good hibbs has an animal job to keep him busy huh lol  

reni and all others has anyone heard from our Carol?? i never see her posts on anymore.  worried about her,,  

hello all mj looking good, nice picture!! 

sandra, that is always a fun trip, we always rode a hay wagon into the pumpkin fields, did you all ??

pineyknot and mini, good to hear all is well with you both, Brenda, good hibbs has an animal job to keep him busy huh lol  

reni and all others has anyone heard from our Carol?? i never see her posts on anymore.  worried about her,,  

It's good to hear people getting outside again to do things like pumpkin patch visits. 

Just took down the outside Halloween decorations I'd been slowly putting out as safety precaution as we are supposed to be getting a Noreaster coming in tomorrow with high winds.  I just got some cute gnome yard signs in today so I put them out to see where they'll go after the storm is over and then brought everything into the garage for safe keeping. 

At least we aren't supposed to get snow before Halloween this year.  I'm still hoping we don't get rain. Right now the phone weather app says 40% chance of rain.  Hopefully as we get closer that will disappear.   I'd really enjoy a nice night to sit outside and give out candy.  We sat in chairs in the snow last year and decided outdoor distribution was the way to go.  It is so much nicer than listening to the dogs bark every time the door bell goes off and with his tablet DH can still watch the games.

Dh has been going over to interact with the cat thru the patio door.  Its person isnt back yet.  If he feels like the cat is in distress or not being fed and watered he will call public safety again.  The dog is back from MN that he usually walks once a day.  The lady with the new hip was going to try taking hers out this afternoon.  

A friend of dh's from out where we used to live came up today to check out the golf course.  They made one round as the wind is rather chilly out.  Dh and I walked to the restaurant farthest from us and I enjoyed the cooler temps.  The activity director stopped and talked to us while we were eating.  She said its looking like our dulcimer club will be playing here for Christmas. We put her in contact with the president so they could work it out. He is always looking for performing opportunities.

We are going back to St Jo for Halloween.  Our bonsai friend was able to get reservations at the place we went to beginning of Oct.  It looks like they have a lot of fun with Halloween.  

Rainy, cool, perfect fall. I felt like being lazy but we have company coming this weekend. My brother that I wrote the book with, and my best friend from PA. We have two book signings this weekend.

Do you think if I leave the cobwebs in the corners I can convince folks its Halloween decos.

Finished a cowl yesterday for one of the DILs Christmas gifts...

Heading to bed early so I can get a jump on the house tomorrow..

Good morning.

Busy day yesterday.  Our friend came over in the afternoon, as it was pouring all morning.  So we had him and the home care worker at the same time.

Today is beautiful today.  The sun is out and not a cloud in the sky.  We have a 10% chance of rain today.

Well off to see what is going on in the world.  

Hope Dr. Appointment goes well!

I'm home cleaning  getting ready for our Halloween  party . Need to start decorating  so ill be ready.  Lately I need weeks ahead of time to get it all finished..