granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

This was Halloween at JC Wyatt house in St Joseph MO.  People made reservations tonight for next year.

Yes, the yarn tossing was horrible.... Chris said he felt like he needed to go home and take all the sharp objects out of the house🤣

Posted Images

Rain again this morning and welcomed. Maybe more later. It's not acting like Arizona with all this rain.  I need to pick up my new glasses. Talk about expensive- WOW! I did get 30% off for belonging to AARP. I still felt gouged though.

Mary Jo: Prayers for Tampa Guy for everything to run smoothly. I'm glad to read you've picked your hook up again. Small projects are great to glide back in. Enjoy!

Good morning Everyone.  Up early and watched the sun come up.

Rained early this morning, but no more for the rest of the week.

Reni - The last set of glasses (progressive bi-focals with prisims), I got over the internet.  They are great, and they were not as expensive.  The set before that I bought at Costco, still cheaper than them.  They fit perfect and I had less trouble getting us to them, then when I paid a lot.

Have a fun day today.

7 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good morning Everyone.  Up early and watched the sun come up.

Rained early this morning, but no more for the rest of the week.

Reni - The last set of glasses (progressive bi-focals with prisims), I got over the internet.  They are great, and they were not as expensive.  The set before that I bought at Costco, still cheaper than them.  They fit perfect and I had less trouble getting us to them, then when I paid a lot.

Have a fun day today.

Thanks for the info Mary Jo. I looked online and the frames I bought were $56 less online than what I paid for. Told ya' I got gouged. I also had to pay part out of pocket for the eye exam even though in previous years it's been billed to Medicare and my secondary. I never paid anything out of pocket with my previous Dr's as it was considered medical due to glaucoma. Like I said, I like the Dr, but, not impressed with how much more they charge for everything:cry Done venting.

Today will be better!

Rainy here today,  loved it. We kept the door open most of the day. I sat and crocheted most of the day, working on a candy corn cat from a Halloween book from Annies...

Sandra, come take over my farm... I am so done with the chickens , goats, and the groundhogs eating the garden...  I am thinking a townhome in the city right now...LOL

My glasses are always so expensive when I get them, I might need to try costco, I have transitional lenses and I don't give a hoot if they are designer frames or not... 3 years ago they cost me 675. and my next appt is  Nov.... I also have mild cataracts.... wonder how those have grown.

Morning, all!

I was up in time yesterday to see a very colorful sunrise and then we also had a really pretty sunset. I got the yard mowed. I hope it's the last time but it'll probably take one more. My PT exercises are finally getting easier; hope I can get started walking for exercise soon.

Planning to relax some today--hopefully get in some pool time and some crochet time.

13 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Rainy here today,  loved it. We kept the door open most of the day. I sat and crocheted most of the day, working on a candy corn cat from a Halloween book from Annies...

Sandra, come take over my farm... I am so done with the chickens , goats, and the groundhogs eating the garden...  I am thinking a townhome in the city right now...LOL

My glasses are always so expensive when I get them, I might need to try costco, I have transitional lenses and I don't give a hoot if they are designer frames or not... 3 years ago they cost me 675. and my next appt is  Nov.... I also have mild cataracts.... wonder how those have grown.

My glasses was over $800 before I went to Costco, and they went down to about $200, then 2  years ago I tried the online and They were about $50 cheaper.  I have mild cataracts, but the killer is the progressive bifocals and the prisims, cause of double vision.  THAT is where the money comes in.  

Beautiful day today.  Sun is shinning, not a cloud in the sky and the humidity is almost gone.  YEAH!!!!

As of yesterday dh's schedule borderlines on insane especially for someone who is retired.  One of the dogs that he walks once in awhile is now 3 times a day for a week or two as Millie's person just got home from hip replacement surgery.  He shuffled Zoey's two times a day to where he does her long walk as Zoey's person hurt her leg last week and had to go to ER.  Thunder's one time is really flexible and he is going out of town next week.  Baby Girl the cat watches for him to swing by and see her.  So its

Millie 9am, 1pm, 6pm

Zoey 11am (except Fri), 4pm 

Baby Girl 2:30pm

Thunder 2:45pm

And of course he has to visit a bit with all their people. He shuffles and cancels if he has other things to do.

2 hours ago, bgs said:

As of yesterday dh's schedule borderlines on insane especially for someone who is retired.  One of the dogs that he walks once in awhile is now 3 times a day for a week or two as Millie's person just got home from hip replacement surgery.  He shuffled Zoey's two times a day to where he does her long walk as Zoey's person hurt her leg last week and had to go to ER.  Thunder's one time is really flexible and he is going out of town next week.  Baby Girl the cat watches for him to swing by and see her.  So its

Millie 9am, 1pm, 6pm

Zoey 11am (except Fri), 4pm 

Baby Girl 2:30pm

Thunder 2:45pm

And of course he has to visit a bit with all their people. He shuffles and cancels if he has other things to do.

I love it he is more busy then when he worked.  Good to see him active.

33 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

I love it he is more busy then when he worked.  Good to see him active.

He is like Tigger----bouncing, bouncing, bouncing.  He was crazy busy when he worked too and included many miles back and forth on the road.  Yesterday morning between the dog walks he rode the bicycle, then we walked to one of the restaurants for breakfast, bowled for an hour, walked back, he checked and watered our trees and flowers, played ping pong, practiced dulcimer for an hour,walked up to pick up carryout for supper (got to get our dining credit used before next Sat).  I wound up setting the timer my phone to go off for all his stuff.  Last few weeks he was helping a guy clean up his garden spot.  Thurs afternoons he bowls on league.  His 11am scared this morning.  No answer at door or barking, not answering phone.  He looked in patio door , apartment empty was worried one or other was off to hospital. At his next dog appointment he swung by to check.  She had forgot and they were down in laundry room so dh will know to check there next time.  Dh walks a lot anyway and as one gal said he might as well have a leash in his hands.  He loves dogs and they love him.  This is good since we dont have pets anymore, even better cause we dont have the vet bills.

Can I borrow some of that energy?  I sure could use it.

Good Morning everyone.  Not a bad day in football yesterday.  The Buc's and Eagles and Pats won, Unfortunately the Chiefs lost and the cowboys won.  Thursday should be fun, as it is the Buc's against the Eagles.

Hockey starts tomorrow also.

Did a little crocheting yesterday.

DH has to be at the hospital today by 12:30 to have his pacemaker replaced.  His friend will take him and bring him home after, then he will be good for another 10 years.

Bright and sunny and no rain in sight.

Have a fun day.

Lots of prayers for a successful journey for DH.

Glad to hear about the crocheting.

I was thinking about you yesterday during the football and asking DH about the scores.

More seasonal fall weather today a bit overcast but...

Mary Jo hoping all goes well with John this morning.  I wish I had some of dh's energy too.  I have to spend too much of mine keeping him headed out the door in the right direction.  He always wants to do more than he realistically is able to do.  I want to do more also but I know I cant.  When the next thing comes up he doesnt remember he already has something slotted for that time period. I have a calendar on kitchen wall to keep track.  I have to point out you might be able to do A and C but there is no way you can physically even get to A, B, and C during the right times.  He wants to go to Hobby Hut one day this week and as he rattled off possible times I had to tell him he already had something else on the calendar.  He is already showing signs of stress from over scheduling himself this week.  My phone is set to alarm this week for all his stuff.  When it goes off I tell him where he is headed.  

It has been hot and dry for this time of year.  Finally got rain last night and this morning.  Now its starting to feel like fall.  

Well, Fall is here! The wind is a sure sign of seasons changing in this part of the country. I think I'll stay indoors since 25-35mph with 50mph gusts is a bit rough.

Glasses are working well (they better at that price) and are comfier than the last pair.

SIL is having some heart issues and he's only 54. He's all set for more tests by his cardiologist. DD is a bit anxious over this and I don't blame her. I am too for that matter.

Mary Jo: Hope all went well with Tampa Guys' procedure. Please keep us posted. I'm so glad you are crocheting again. I try to diversify with painting, reading and beading in between so I don't get burned out.

Brenda: Your DH is amazing to do as much as he does. It sounds like he keeps you pretty busy also just keeping track for him.

Pineknott: Good morning. Hope you are well.

Baily4: I'll bet with your seasonal changes, the Fall colors in your area are amazing!

Mona: Your sunrise and sunset sounds fabulous. I miss the spectacular sunsets at our other house. My living room bay window looked out over a long valley towards the northwest with mountains on both sides. The east side mountains of the valley had red and black sandstone cliffs that were amazing during intense sunsets. Now my living room faces east so I miss a lot of nature's amazements.

Enjoy the day! I'm sure going to try to.

good evening

was out the door early for 6 month check up,thanks for the shout out Reni, I'm doing the happy dance my A1c was at 6.0,all other were in line. Tomorrow is the cardio doc

pineknottThat's good news! I hope the cardio visit goes as well.

On another note, it rained again last night! We haven't had this much rain during summer and fall in a very long time. I'm loving it.

On a whim, I made another jar cover last night. Same pattern, a little bit larger jar, but different yarn. It's not as pretty to me as the smaller one, but, it's functional. Back to the afghan. I only have about 3 rounds to go.

Enjoy your day and.....  Be a Fruit Loop in the world of Cheerios! (author unknown)

Edited by ReniC

good evening 4:40 p.m.

its good that the 2 doc's have the visits so close only one set of blood work

he wants me to have an ultrasound of lft kidney, the one from Aug. wasn't  clear. so he wants to be sure there aren't any issues, legs are swelling bad bordering on hurting

tomorrow is the biggy, the CT cancer screen, there was an ornament that kinda yelled to  me last week , it said I believe in miracles, so it came home with me.

Hi Everyone.

Tampa Guy is good for another 10 to 12 years. :rofl  His new pacemaker also has bluetooth.  He will be getting another monitor, so it can communicate with his new pacemaker.  He left here about noon and did not get back till 4:30 PM.  Long day for both of us.  We took Tuesday and Wednesday off to rest and relax.

Thank you all for the good thoughts and prayers.

I want to thank my 2 FGM's for the Halloween cards.  They helped brighten my day.

I am off to my corner to crochet a little more.

Have a good night.

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Hi Everyone.

Tampa Guy is good for another 10 to 12 years. :rofl  His new pacemaker also has bluetooth.  He will be getting another monitor, so it can communicate with his new pacemaker.  He left here about noon and did not get back till 4:30 PM.  Long day for both of us.  We took Tuesday and Wednesday off to rest and relax.

I want to thank my 2 FGM's for the Halloween cards.  They helped brighten my day.

Have a good night.

Glad he's good to go!

Long day here. Saw the chiropractor this morning. Next apt not for two weeks. Stopped by walmart, ate lunch, picked up a plate from Captain D's for supper (actually it'll be two suppers), got a few things done after I got home, did my exercises, and then had a swim with the grands. I'm pretty sure I'll be in bed early tonight.

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Hi Everyone.

Have a good night.

Glad to hear you are both ok.   I had started to wonder.  So now he's good to go like the Energizer bunny.

Good Morning.

Pineknott, I meant to congratulate you on the A1C.  That is great.

Thank you all.  I was teasing TampaGuy he will be 89 when it is time to change it again.  

Now that things have calmed down somewhat, I am going to try to get back to my hobbies.

Have a fun day today.

Glad to hear he's good to go Mary Jo.

This has been an odd fall.  We started to have cooler fall temps that I love now back up to 70's.  Last year we had snow on Halloween and I'm so hoping for a nice fall day instead this year.  I'm not ready for winter.  I'd like a long extended fall maybe snow late Nov/early Dec.  Not October at least.

Good Morning.

Happy Birthday CShort.

Another bright and beautiful day.  No rain and we might get into the high 80's.

Another win for Both my teams.  The Lightning won and then the Buc's won.  Unfortunatly, the Buc's played my old team the Eagles.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Edited by Tampa Doll