granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

good afternoon

we have that same thing here, run by an RN, my thought is its an invasion of my privacy, what little we have left, I do better face to face and not phone contact.

He made it sound like he could help, get through better, nope turns out he couldn't like he thoyght he could, ah well, lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Yes, the yarn tossing was horrible.... Chris said he felt like he needed to go home and take all the sharp objects out of the house🤣

Happy 4th of July!  My granddaughter and I will be heading to my house today. I plan to cook hotdogs and hamburgers for us and my parents. I bought salads and baked beans from the supermarket del

Posted Images

1 minute ago, pineknott said:

good afternoon

we have that same thing here, run by an RN, my thought is its an invasion of my privacy, what little we have left, I do better face to face and not phone contact.

He made it sound like he could help, get through better, nope turns out he couldn't like he thoyght he could, ah well, lol

One plus is, if there is something I call about that's pressing, she'll get the Dr. on the call also. They're all in the same building and affiliated with the hospital. There is even a Urgent Care at this facility. I do have to monitor my BP and oxygen levels daily. If I'm not satisfied with the service, of course I can cancel. We'll see how it goes.

Being in a rural area we have limited choices for health care. The NP I use lives down the street and is really sweet. She doesn't seem to mind when I text her asking about something. Sometimes she texts back and sometimes has the office nurse call me back. Either way I know she has all the info as opposed to leaving a message with someone at the office.

I discovered yesterday how stiff and inflexible I have become in the last five years. I started the PT exercises from the chiropractor--all stretching. Looking through them I was thinking, ok, this won't be hard, but holy cow, it was an entirely different story actually doing them! 

On 10/1/2021 at 7:29 PM, minwifeof4boys said:

Dh has worked everyday and its me and the animals.... and they don't talk

They do not talk, but they are GREAT listeners......! LOL

Krys

Mona: I can sympathize with you on the PT. I'm going through the same discoveries. Who knew what muscles still hang around, right? Ow- ow- ow!

Krys: That's a good one about the animals being good listeners. 😂

Hoping all have a lovely day!

• Like 1

good afternoon

fighting to stay awake,been up since 5:15, early night tonight, bloodwork in the a.m. for 6 month check, two fillings on Tues. next week is even funner, I'll be hearing alot about the bent elbow and open mouth disease, darn inhaled steroids are making me soooooooooo darn hungry, but a 14 pd  increase hasgot to stop

22 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Being in a rural area we have limited choices for health care. The NP I use lives down the street and is really sweet. She doesn't seem to mind when I text her asking about something. Sometimes she texts back and sometimes has the office nurse call me back. Either way I know she has all the info as opposed to leaving a message with someone at the office.

I discovered yesterday how stiff and inflexible I have become in the last five years. I started the PT exercises from the chiropractor--all stretching. Looking through them I was thinking, ok, this won't be hard, but holy cow, it was an entirely different story actually doing them! 

I was thrilled to find a trainer who finally taught me to stretch a few years ago.  I'd done PT but I needed almost pre-PT because even before my injury my muscles have always been too tight.  I was so amazing to have someone who could start where I was and teach me how to work towards being more flexible.

It's still a long work in progress but having someone teach me how to get to the point most people start from was a major journey.

Flexibility is a huge issue in keeping mobility.

Catching my breath for a minute before I'm picked up by DIL and grands to go to a drive-thru wildlife safari. We were supposed to go to a farm with their home school group, but Madeline is still limping from her fall out of the pecan tree, so we had a change of plans.

I finally bit the bullet and did the border on a friend's knitted baby blanket. Perfect example of no good deed goes unpunished. LOL  It was a fuzzy novelty yarn but I was able to "feel" the stitches to make the second round of sc. 

• Like 1

Sat dh and I had a unique dining experience with a couple of our bonsai friends.  One of them lives in St Joe and has dined there enough they know her.  They only served 2 other couples besides the 4 of us that evening.  It was really nice.  Dont think dh and I have ever done something like that.  I loved that they had started decorating for Halloween.  

Got sad news today.  Our neighbor out at old place passed away on Fri.  She was 91.  Family planning on celebration of life next spring.  She was still mowing her yard a couple of years ago when we moved.  After her husband passed away 20 years ago we would consciously check that  we either saw her every day or saw her Bostons going in and out.  If her kids couldnt get hold of her they called us.  I was glad when one son and dil moved in with her.  Her other son that most always came and watched Chiefs games with her passed away 4 years ago.  I was so glad she got to see them win the Super Bowl.  They had the best Halloween parties----costumes, huge bonfire, chili and hotdogs.  I had hummingbirds out there because she had fed them for years.  We both looked forward to their arrival beginning of May and which ever one of us saw them first called the  other one.  It always made me sad when they left early Oct.  I guess this year Dee left with them.  

Sorry to hear about your neighbor.

It is a beautiful morning here today.  Still no humidity. 

The lawn people are out front cutting the grass, still waiting for the trash guys.

Boy my life has become dull getting excited about the guys cutting the grass.

Have a fun day.

Sorry to hear about your neighbor but it does sound like she got to live life on her terms and that is a blessing in itself.

Turning out to be a wet autumn.  Back down into the 50's.

I don't dare mention the word dull this house has a mind of its own and its idea of excitement is never fun or cheap.:yes:help

good afternoon

Bailey4, you are so right,we try not to say things are running smoothly or some such term, because BAM flukey things start to happen, and yes at a cost

47 minutes ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Well, book launch today..... so excited! More crochet time now!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09HG2V212/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tpbk_p1_i0

Lea this is so cool.  Best wishes on your book.

Well, DH is going for his COVID test today, so he can go in on Monday to get his pacemaker replaced.  I can not believe it has been 10 years since the last time.

Cloudy day today.  No sure if we will get rain or not.

Have a fun day.

good morning

Mary Jo, its once every ten yrs? to replace a pacemaker, wow, cause I remember when you said it was slowing down last time, how time flies by

kinda cloudy, enjoy your day

We had a huge storm early Monday morning. I could not go to sleep no matter what I tried so, I got back up and read awhile. The last time I looked at the clock was 4am. I finally fell asleep and BOOM! Thunder at 5am directly over my house. Talk about a wakeup. The lightening was so bright it had a blue tinge! Needless to say, I only slept a couple of hours after the storm but, made it through the rest of the day. The rain was nice though. LOL

It's been cloudy around here off and on since and maybe a shower or 2 this weekend. It's strange but welcome to have so much rain this summer and now Fall. Love it.

Hope all are enjoying your day.

Edited by ReniC

Haven’t been here in a while. Been working on a farm. I needed a different change of pace for a while. I needed to find peace with ME…  I know 2 weeks isn’t enough but definitely a start and I want my own little farm now. It’s the key to my sanity and for my kiddos to run more. 

Good Morning.

Got the results from DH's COVID test it was Negative.  So on Monday they will replace the pacemaker.  Once done, it will last 10 years.  It is suppose to take maybe 15 minutes to 1/2 hour.

Finally started to crochet again.  Just something small, but it has been awhile since I touched a hook.

Sun out and it is warm and humid again.  Welcome to Florida.

Have a fun day.