granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

Tampa Doll

yes I know what you mean, poor Jimmy with all his issues wanted so much to help but couldn't, but he'd be the first to offer help

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I'll be doubled dipped! Looks like the topic was blocked somehow. Go figure. My Dr. appointment went well yesterday about my bloodwork. The doc and I were pleased with my results. However,

I took the name Bernadette for my confirmation name

Weatherman was bold and forecasted 100% chance of rain today so another cloudy damp day here.  He also had the audacity to say our chances for rain this coming week were greater than it was for this p

Posted Images

Ratdog dh seeing  crumbs on the floor is hysterical because of all the years of grass, leaves, mud etc he tracked in and was totally oblivious. He also knows when he finds cereal in the floor he did it because I dont eat  cereal.  

Lyn no worries about too much being done for me.  I really dont think his putting things away comes from a I want to help but more from a I dont want that there thing. If you leave a pen or pencil laying on table its like it offends him and he puts it in the drawer.  He moves my notes and lists.  They offend him.  If you are eating and unwrap something he immediately has to get up and throw the wrapper away.  He mixes things up in conversations and I find I have to translate for him and the other party.  Now he can remember obscure historical facts and is very fluent in government speak-- he had no problems with those required govt incident command tests at the fire dept when many couldnt figure what the questions were asking.  When he was going to work he color coded his clothes so he knew what day of the week it was and he actually got up and drove 50 miles into work a few times on his day off.   Mr Magoo I tell ya.

36 minutes ago, bgs said:

When he was going to work he color coded his clothes so he knew what day of the week it was and he actually got up and drove 50 miles into work a few times on his day off.   Mr Magoo I tell ya.

Now there's an idea! I often lose track of what day of the week it is. LOL

5 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Now there's an idea! I often lose track of what day of the week it is. LOL

Yep didnt have Mon, Tues, Wed etc.  It was brown day, yellow day green day, red day , blue day.

Hello

Lyn it sounds like you talk like my son-in-law. He starts talking mid-thought and gets upset when we don't know what he's talking about. He's gotten a little better about it but still has his moments. 

Not much happening here, work, errands and home. This school year cannot end soon enough, I've had enough social distancing preschoolers, it's exhausting. I think I'll play with some yarn until the load of laundry is done and then I can go to sleep.

Have a great evening.

I don't know when or where I startted doing that, could be stress, no one else has mentioned it, you teachers sooooooooo deserve the summer break and I'm sure extra pay wouldn't hurt any., enjoy it to the fullest when it comes

goodafternoon

just got back from Va. Beach , go the last copy of the shell collector by Nancy Naigle from Barnes & Noble

seen alot of jockeying for positions to get gas at gas stations, mostly at WAwa's

The gas situation is going to get worse before it gets better. But hopefully will be resolved in a week or so. First, i am home because of the virus, now vaccinated and i cant drive anywhere to conserve gas! 

Good Morning. The weather here has been warm. Although, I don't go out in it much. Dr. wants me to see another Dr. out of town and I'm not very receptive to it since it's already hitting 100° there.

I finished the GD's afghan. I just haven't taken a photo yet. It turned out nice but heavy.

Gas prices here have hit $3. Here we go again! I don't have to fill up very often since I don't go anywhere anymore, but still.......

I may go to Walmart (haven't been there in ages) to see if they still have a certain yarn for a housewarming gift I want to make for my youngest DD. I have some #5 weight but I don't think there's enough. 

Not much else going on here, but, I am enjoying the flowers blooming and hearing the birds singing. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Our temps may only be in the 90's, but the humidity is like a scorcher.  

I have someone here doing the wash and we are trying to see how often we need her and for how many hours.  We have the boys here yesterday cleaning, so that is not needed.  She is doing the wash, she made a nice sandwich and made delicious coffee.  I can't see 3 hours everytime she come, but we shall see. Maybe only 2 hours, except for wash day.

Boy I know what you mean Reni, about not putting gas in the car.  We are even using less now.

Oh well, everyone have a great day.

the temperature keeps dropping, hubby said it will be in the 40's overnite, have to make sure I have slippers on my feet so I don't keep waking up in the night.

just finished watching a movie on DVD, Tom Hanks in  News of the World, didn't interest me at all,I mostly worked on a coloring page, congo/zulu type masks, lots of color,I had the color maroon in 2 pencils, and both points broke, leading to think I wasn't supposed to be using that color, hope you are enjoying what you have left of this day

SOmetimes I think my brain takes a pause because I am thinking too fast Lyn,

Ratdog, I thought the same thing!  Did go and get my tags renewed today , right beside the grocery store so popped in and picked up some salad to go with dinner....

Our stove went out Monday< I want a used one since we are thinking of moving... dh wants the convenience of some one delivering and installing... we will see who wins....

MJ, are ya'll able to do dinners?

48 degrees here today, just transplanted my maters, hope it doesn't get too cold tonight, however, the spinach LOVES it...will harvest and freeze some tomorrow...

Hello,

Sounds like everyone is keeping busy. I didn't notice any crazy gas lines here today but I might see if I can find a station to top off tomorrow on my way to work. I have just under 3/4 of a tank which usually last a while but I'd feel better with a full tank right now. Not much else going on. Have a good evening everyone.

1 hour ago, minwifeof4boys said:

SOmetimes I think my brain takes a pause because I am thinking too fast Lyn,

Yes Lea I think that is also part of dh's problem.  Some times I wonder if he has ADD.  Part of the time he just is not paying attention/not focused.  He is bad at mixing up peoples names. And ones he really knows better. Yesterday he said he looked at Clinton's garden spot.  I said no it was Zach's spot.  Clinton doesnt garden.  He golfs.

Mon we went to the zoo and stopped to finally eat inside one of the Village restaurants.  It was good to be back inside and see everyone.  Yesterday prayer shawl group met.  I had two ready to turn in.  Spent today with my sister.  Tomorrow we see a new dentist as mine of 30+ years retired.  Hope we like the office as its in the Village so we could use dial a ride.  Actually I could walk it.

good morning

up early, sun is out,what a difference a day makes,it wasn't supposed to rain until the evening rush hour,yet the trip to Va. Beach at 1 p.m. had the windshield wipers on at full tilt and visibility reduced, finishing coffee then seeing what I'll get into today

have a great day

Went out on the walking bike yesterday, covered about a mile. Was going to try again today but the skies are very threatening and 94% chance of rain so Im staying put.

Finished my book about Sister Bernadette Moriau -she was healed of a serious disease which led to paralysis at the Grotto of Lourdes. So I habe accomplished something today!

• Like 1
21 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

48 degrees here today, just transplanted my maters, hope it doesn't get too cold tonight, however, the spinach LOVES it...will harvest and freeze some tomorrow...

Hey Lea- This is pretty cool. The umbrellas are cheap ones from the Dollar Store. They would work great for your 'maters until the evening temps warm up.

planter2.jpg

• Like 2

boy, the things you learn,I would have never thought of umbrella's for cooler weather I was thinking hey that would keep the  birds away from them

• Like 1

What a GREAT idea!!! never ever would have thought about that!!!

They survived..weather is just nuts , usually folks are thinking opening swimming pools around here by now

good morning

its almost 7:30, have been up an hour already. Its on the coolish side.

After Bill being off all week, he goes in today for training, all week long felt like the weekend.

enjoy your day

Good morning everyone.

Didn't even get on yesterday, as I spent most of the day sleeping.  Got a cortisone shot in the knee yesterday, does not feel to bad.  

AS usually I leave a place in style.  I left the Dr. off went to get into the car and WHAM down I went.  4 nurses and 2 therapy guys finally got me into the car.  Embarrassing is not the word.  I swear everyone but the Dr. was looking.  Very bad arthritis in the right knee.  

Sunday we will have bars put into the toilet area to help me get up. I am thinking of bars in the shower, so I can get one.

That is my saga.  No ambition to crochet.  That is why I come over here.  

The knee is feeling somewhat better.

Lea, love the idea of the umbrellas.  Hey you should be able to keep the rabbits out also.

Hope you win the saga of the stove.  Hey throw in a camp stove or a used stove.  That might help.

We are at 69 right now, but by the end of the week, we will be in the 80's.

Have a fun day.

• Like 1