granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

4 hours ago, pineknott said:

good morning

we had a few quick showers go through yesterday, made the shed guys move quicker than  I've seen them move all week, at the rate they were going  I thought the shed would be up in two wks, not 4-5 days

Isn't it funny how rain can put fire under someone's tail? 🤣

Not a lot going on in my little world except cooler weather today. I was hoping Fall would be starting, but, it's back up to the 100's in a few days. Ugh! Soon I hope anyway. 

Oh! I just found out last night, my grt-grandkids were all exposed  in their school to Covid and had to be tested and stay out of school until the results came back. 3 of 4 of them are negative. They're still waiting for the results for the 11 yr old. So far, she feels fine.

My, my our world is so upsetting at times. Hope you enjoy your day.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Catalogues: Anyone remember Spiegel's? My mom especially loved that one. She would order all of our school clothes from that one and Montgomery Wards. There was a huge Montgomery Wards store not too f

I finished the dinosaur afghan.   

Posted Images

Good Late Morning: It's still pretty quiet here. No rain, clouds, wind, just heat! LOL

I took advantage of the calmness and TV stunk so I read another book yesterday. For dinner I had a Chicken Pub Pie (Marie Callender's). I didn't expect it to be as tasty as it was and enjoyed it. Who'd of thought a frozen meal could be okay?

I haven't crocheted again for a few days as my shoulder seemed to drive me nuts off and on. I'm looking forward to completing the afghan and moving on to the next projects. I have a Crochet Bucket List a mile long that never seems to get shorter!

Enjoy the day as much as possible. Cheers! 

Good Morning.  Another beautiful morning.  The rain came in about 11 PM, so it messed up nobody's plans for the night.

Reni - Marie Callender's makes some good dinners.  In fact some of them are large enough for us to split.

Have a fun day.

5 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.  Another beautiful morning.  The rain came in about 11 PM, so it messed up nobody's plans for the night.

Reni - Marie Callender's makes some good dinners.  In fact some of them are large enough for us to split.

Have a fun day.

Hi Mary Jo: I've not tried any of the Marie Callender's dinners since I try to monitor my sodium intake, but, I l love their dessert pies (especially the apple) and pot pies. Of course, they're not as good as sitting in one of their restaurants and having pie. LOL

Another several days in the 100's here but cooler at night which is nice, then the AC doesn't run as much.

Happy Sunday!

My younger son and his family came over yesterday and we ate while the kids swam. It was a relaxing day. Took a too long nap afterwards so I was up really late last night.

I love Marie C. pot pies. I'll have to keep an eye out for the pub pies. Getting a dessert pie would probably end up like eating ice cream out of the tub since I'm the only one in the house. No portion control!

It's still hot here but not horridly hot and we're having nights in the 60's which is really nice except for all the mosquitos that blew north with Ida.

Hope everyone is having a nice Labor Day with no labor to do!

• Haha 1

Our friend is over covid but still in rehab unit at care center catching up on all the pt she skipped on her hip replacement months ago.  bil is also over his covid and back at work but tires easily.  I lost another aunt so thats almost it for that generation in my family.   Had the suv in the shop for work on the front end.  Hate the repair bills on it but like store shelves new car lots are eerily empty.  The Village restaurants have cut hours due to staffing shortages and they are having issues with food deliveries.  

We got much needed rain Fri and Sat and it has cooled down to more comfortable temps making yesterday a nice day to be outside.  

wow huh bgs sorry to hear of all your wows ..  we wear masks here still whenever we go out   reni we get the big chicken pot pie from marie, and can really serve four but we like it so much we seldom have leftovers lol  

pineknot, sandra and all, hoe you are all doing well  

My bedroom tv just went pop  a week or two ago, i dont know why either but it was the older tv in the house 40 inch now we have a 55 inch lol new, so better not have any more issues with tvs, they are all new now .so son in law took it away, and installed a 55 inch one very nice and new  all new now lol  daughter told me, my desk top, and laptop should be buried, but i say, hey until they dont work ill hang onto them lol  to them if you dont have brand new tek you are just living in pioneer days ok  lolThey are the ines that chose the 55 inch i would have been ok with another 40 inch, she said they dont make anymore like that mom lol  

well im gonna try to post a couple ghans for October mailing to Pine Ridge on the ghan show and tell take  a peek when you have time, i always appreciate you all's feedback!!  

later now stay well   

I can't believe how long I've been MIA. It's been a hard year for us and I haven't touched my yarn much. Both hubby and I have had hospital stays and I've been facing some realities of what not taking care of myself can mean. I'm fine and in a much better place healthwise than I've been in a long time, but part of taking care of me means more rest and not as many late nights or as much computer time.

Good Morning.  Trying to get some time in before the rain starts for the day.

Holly so glad to see you back.  So sorry about the hospital stays, but sometimes it takes a scare to make us do what we have to do when it comes to our health.  Take care and hope to see more of you.

good morning

Howieann, with the year I finished I can relate,we are rounding the next corner on our new normal,take care and come back when you can

I could not resist this, as first it is funny, then at times it has been true.

I think we can all use a good chuckle.

I can't believe it is Wednesday already.

Have a fun evening.

My oldest grandson who is a Pennsylvania State Trooper, was directing traffic around an accident and was hit by another car.  I am waiting to hear from our daughter to find out how he is.  Last we hear they were operating on his leg.

Crochet baby.jpg

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

I could not resist this, as first it is funny, then at times it has been true.

I think we can all use a good chuckle.

I can't believe it is Wednesday already.

Have a fun evening.

My oldest grandson who is a Pennsylvania State Trooper, was directing traffic around an accident and was hit by another car.  I am waiting to hear from our daughter to find out how he is.  Last we hear they were operating on his leg.

Crochet baby.jpg

Yes I know that feeling!

Sorry to hear about your grandson.  Hope he comes thru it ok.  Will keep him in my prayers.  Dh used to come home from accident calls (he was with the fire dept) with horror stories about the things that happen during traffic control---said some had no qualms about hitting someone in their way.  

Our daughter called and she was in the hospital.  They took him to one in Delaware.  Anyway the tibia and the femer were both broken.  They are putting in rods and pins.  He was also complaining about his shoulder.  Supposedly he was directing traffic when a moron on a motorcycle (riving to fast) they think slid and ran right into him.  He was 20 feet from his cruiser.  My daughter said they told her he was either tossed or slid that far, could be a combo of both.  

Thank you Brenda, but we keep saying him being a cop, it could be worse.

Well, done for the night.

Have a good one everybody.

53 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Our daughter called and she was in the hospital.  They took him to one in Delaware.  Anyway the tibia and the femer were both broken.  They are putting in rods and pins.  He was also complaining about his shoulder.  Supposedly he was directing traffic when a moron on a motorcycle (riving to fast) they think slid and ran right into him.  He was 20 feet from his cruiser.  My daughter said they told her he was either tossed or slid that far, could be a combo of both.  

I am thankful right along with you that it was not worse.  Also thankful the hospital could take him.  Its sort of iffy here right now if you have an emergency because ER's are overwhelmed and hospitals are full. 

8 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Praying for a quick and complete recovery! People just don't understand all the dangers that our policemen and firemen face on a daily basis.

Good Morning.

The operation went well and he is now resting in a room.  Thank you all for the prayers.

Bright and sunny this morning, but suppose to have rain on and off today from the storm in the Gulf.

Have a fun day.

good morning

cooler temps, ahhhhhhhh so nice,enjoy it if its in your area

A bit sad, there are no commenrative pins for 20th anniversary of 9/11

I've noticed it grates on my nerves when people refer to 9/11 as 9-1-1