granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

LaceyHill: I'm so very sorry. My heart goes out to you with many prayers.

Edited by ReniC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

This was Halloween at JC Wyatt house in St Joseph MO.  People made reservations tonight for next year.

Yes, the yarn tossing was horrible.... Chris said he felt like he needed to go home and take all the sharp objects out of the house🤣

Posted Images

On 8/17/2021 at 2:18 PM, ReniC said:

I'm tired of worrying about getting the virus too and being locked down so much, even with the vaccine. It's ramping up even more in my town and county.

Reni it is good to hear that you are doing better :)

Looks that virus will be with us for much longer than we thought after getting that vaccine. Those vaccines are loosing "strenght" way too fast. 

Unfortunately those vaccines are not performing as good as we thought they would..:(.  So far I do not think we are getting the whole story about those vaccines... What we are getting is a bunch of very different opinions..

I been looking for info. on that subject from Israel.  They are coming up with more answers than we can get from here.

Have a Great Day :)

Krys

8 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Reni it is good to hear that you are doing better :)

Looks that virus will be with us for much longer than we thought after getting that vaccine. Those vaccines are loosing "strenght" way too fast. 

Unfortunately those vaccines are not performing as good as we thought they would..:(.  So far I do not think we are getting the whole story about those vaccines... What we are getting is a bunch of very different opinions..

I been looking for info. on that subject from Israel.  They are coming up with more answers than we can get from here.

Have a Great Day :)

Krys

Hi Krys: I've too have been reading about the new booster coming out this Fall and it has promises of being stronger and lasting longer. We'll see. The 'Rona has hit hard in my county again with many new infected. The variants are being blamed, but also, reports are that 90% of the newly infected were NOT vaccinated so, that tells us something. It's very hard to sort out the truth from rumors. It sure is different from when I was a kid and had to have vaccines such as polio. We can only be diligent for ourselves and hope and pray this will get eradicated.

Pineknott: I do hope the injections work for you. Not too many years ago I had the series of 5 injections and it worked great up until this last year. The Ortho MD informed me it didn't last as long as some because my knee was so shot to begin with. So, there's great hope for you that this will work wonderfully.

Edited by ReniC

Good Evening.

I have been reading about the booster and not sure what is real and what is not.  I mean I get a flu shot every year, but as it stands right now I will need either to not get the shots or find someone who can bring them to us.  I can't drive and neither can DH.

Pineknott: good news on no effect from the gel shot.  I am not blaming my last get shot, but when I got home, I got sick for 2 days, then I lost the voice. (which is mostly back now).  I had the 5 shots in the left knee years ago and it is fine.  The three in the right, have made it somewhat stronger, but I have been almost losing it a couple of times.  Luckily I caught myself before I fell again.  Got the MRI on the thigh this Wed., so maybe that will show something, Glad to read you were done with the walker.  Wish I could ditch mine.

Off to shut down for the night.

Have a good one everyone.

1 hour ago, LaceyHill said:

We had a boy. James Joseph was delivered at 950 pm August 20th. He was absolutely perfect and beautiful. He was 4 1/2 inches long and weighed 1.6 ounces 💔

My heart is broken for you and your family.  I am sorry for ache in your hearts.

Good Morning. Just checking in. I have a few legal errands to run today but nothing else pressing is going on. Tomorrow I fast and get blood work done to set up for my annual wellness check next week. That's it for me. Hope all are well and enjoying the day.

Good Morning.

Off for the MRI on the thigh this morning.  

Quite weekend.  Nothing much going on.

Have a fun day.

Hi! :waving Not too much going on here except getting hotter each day, 99° today and 103° by Friday. Yikes!

I was reading Monday night when I looked up and a baby snake about 8 inches long was on the carpet in my living room! I was petrified because I couldn't tell if it was a rattler, a gopher snake or what. After I set a little trash can on top of it and a heavy candle on top of that, I texted my daughter for suggestions how to get it in the can. She said she'd be right over, but, my SIL the hero came instead and took it outside for me. It turned out to be a red racer that are very common here. Now I'm trying to figure out where it got in. I've looked everywhere and can't find any tiny spaces. That's the 3rd one that's come in my house since last summer, hopefully, I'll get this figured out and it will be the last.

I sure hope everyone is enjoying their day. I will probably do just that, especially since there's not a snake in the house- I hope- LOL! Stay safe.

PS- Just found out my GS changed his major and is not going to be a policeman! He decided to go into radiology instead. That's okay by me (not that he needs my approval). Now I can relax that he'll be safer in this world.

Hmm what is it with the snakes this year? Daughter had a black snake in her pantry.  They can just stay outside…

It’s very quiet here. Where is everyone at? I’m off to do some cleaning. Have a good evening.

I HATE SNAKES!!!  Thankfully we have nothing but garters in this area and they still terrify me.  We've gotten them in the bulkhead but never in the house.  Good lord the thought terrifies me.  That would be a cause to move.  I can manage many things but snakes no.  Thankfully, my niece thinks snakes are delightful and has on occasion relocated them for me for which I am quite indebted to her. 

It has been a busy summer.  Our deck was completed last week and they picked up their supplies today.  Waiting on inspection but our two big planned projects for the summer are done.  I say that because with this house planned is the operative word.  We actually had a different project in mind when we started our spring inspections after all the winter weather and realized these 2 projects had moved to the head of the line ahead of other projects that are needed but not must do now kinds of issues.  That's just how it is with old houses.

Good Morning.

Beautiful day so far, but we may get rain later in the day.

MRI went great yesterday.  One more test and then I go see the Dr.  

Hope everyone is having a good day.

• Like 1

glad to hear your MRI went well.I'm done with PT, walker is side lined, just use it as a prop at the Y, the track is sooooooooo boring it helps me to push the walker around, then when I need to sit, I don't get stares