granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

This was Halloween at JC Wyatt house in St Joseph MO.  People made reservations tonight for next year.

Yes, the yarn tossing was horrible.... Chris said he felt like he needed to go home and take all the sharp objects out of the house🤣

Posted Images

Hi All- I tried to post yesterday and got to almost the end of it to sign off and Poof! Gone in a flash. The whole post.

I've had to contend with some major family drama this past week that is heartbreaking but, I'm feeling much better about it today. By the grace of God, it will get mended.

The weather has been better here, especially for August. Unfortunately, it will be thunder, lightning and rain later this afternoon. I have a few chores planned for this afternoon before it rains. Deadhead the rose bushes and spray some weeds. That's about all I'm good for in the heat. LOL.

Hope you are all well and those having health problems are doing much better. Happy Monday!

good morning

more PT, the pulling has subsided, so things seem to be on the mend, good I can ditch this walker once again, stay safe and happy everyone

Good Morning.

Good news on the pulling subsiding and maybe ditching the walker soon.  

Beautiful day so far, but could change.  

Have a fun day.

Morning, all!

Reni, family drama is never fun--hope it gets sorted out to the best results.

lyn, great news.

Hope everyone else is mending also.

I had to go (70 mile round trip) and get my driver's license renewed yesterday. Somehow missed that it expired in April. I made an appointment on line but they were short staffed and it took 45 minutes anyway.

Hope you accomplish what you want to today.

Reni glad to hear that I am not the only one with vanishing posts.  Sorry about the family drama.  Hope it works out ok.  

Lyn glad there were no clots and hoping you get to ditch the walker.

Lea congrats on your yarn haul.  It does remind me of inheriting my aunts stash----where oh where to put it and looking to move in the next few years.  

Mona glad you realized you needed to renew your license.  Dh has been driving out to our old license bureau (50 miles away) for car tags and to renew his license because the ones around here are very busy between shutting some down and covid.  Our old one had senior hours and by arriving towards the end he was in and out.  

We made it thru our 96 hour covid watch period with no symptoms.  Makes me pretty hesitant in wanting to get out.  We stopped going to church again.  That county has been added to hotspot list.  No clue how many are vaccinated and we have several babies and toddlers.  Its crowded, no masks, they shake your hand and hug you like nothing is happening.

Hello friends!

Well, after an embarrassingly long delay (due only to laziness and wanting to do fun things instead) I have resumed working on stripping wallpaper in the upstairs bathroom. I intend to prep and paint the walls, replace the light fixtures, and remove the one wall sized mirror and replace it with two smaller mirrors [its a long counter with two sinks]. So I hope to have a nicer looking bathroom without electrocuting myself or giving myself 7 years bad luck!

Edited by ratdog

No rain, lightning, thunder or drama yesterday. How about that? I don't know what the weather person was thinking when that was reported, saying 40% chance.

Sounds like everyone is very busy. Me too. DD and I are getting the spare bedroom and bathroom cleaned and organized back to normal. DD2 will be here to visit sometime in October (hopefully).

Mona: 70 miles- Whew, long trip for a renewal. Reminds me when I forgot to renew my (previous) car tags a few years ago. The state used to send out email reminders but I didn't get one, so, I forgot. It was taken care of real quick! LOL.

ratdog: Wallpaper is so much fun to strip. (Not!) Yikes- I sure do hope there aren't any electrocutions! I watched my SIL change the sensor on the lamp post in my front yard and he jumped a few times (and cursed). He said next time he'll turn the power off to it- DUH! I'm terrified of electricity. My brother and I got shocked pretty bad when we were kids in my uncle's pool. Dad just happened to check on us and saved us.

Brenda: Good news and I'm so glad to read you didn't contract anything. That was scary!

Tampa Doll: How're the knees holding up? Doing any crochet lately?

I got 2 rounds completed on the afghan last night. Now that it's getting larger it takes a lot more time to get around. It works well though while watching mindless TV programs.

I read Treasure Island last week. I wasn't sure if I read it as a kid. I probably wouldn't have been able to get through it since it's written in old English and Pirateese LOL. It was a fun story though.

Lea: I'm tired of worrying about getting the virus too and being locked down so much, even with the vaccine. It's ramping up even more in my town and county. There's so much more i wanted to do and go see, Have fun with all that yarn. Keep us posted with pics!

Signing off for now. It's that time of day to stuff my face, then get productive- I think. Ahhhh- maybe I'll just crochet after I have lunch. 😀 Hope you all are enjoying the day. Toodles.

bil is still running a fever, aches and has no energy.   Sis hasnt caught it.  The lady we were exposed to went to hospital by ambulance yesterday for dehydration.  She has been having the chest congestion and coughing symptoms along with fever aches and tiredness.  They gave her fluids by iv then sent her home.  

Need to go do a few things outside.  Yesterday I got too hot before realizing it.

Just checking in to say hello and hope all have a wonderful day. Not a lot on the weather front except some wind and a scattered shower. Sounds sort of boring really. Enjoy the day!

Still here, one skein of yarn down, 100 plus more to go... I did pack up a bunch for the senior center.. will drop it off tomorrow or Friday.

Sandra, its all wool but if you would like some let me know... I'll be more then happy to mail you some...

Ulcer is doing better....

enjoying this week as next week I leave on Sunday  come back Wed watching my youngest grandson... one day at home and then the beach with the Princess and her family until Sunday, where I head back to youngest grandson for 4 days.

Do they not know I am not getting younger?

Ratdog, I need to redo my livingroom, but..laziness kicks in....If you get bored, head up to NC..

4 hours ago, owlvamp said:

Lea that is so sweet. I would love some when ever you get a chance. I hope you are doing well.

I have grandson tomorrow. Pray for me cause he zaps all my energy.LOL

As DH used to say, I represent that remark. They definitely take lots of energy, but at least it's usually fun, too. LOL

I am afraid for our friend with covid.  Ambulance was back over there yesterday and she hasnt returned dh's call.  bil is still running a fever.

Dh finally heard back. Lady that dh walks dog for is back in hospital and will be there for a few more days.  

My work friend texted me that her old neighbor is in the hospital.  Its a lady that now lives here and we sometimes visit/ have lunch with her.  Tues had lunch with her and dh gave her his cell number if she ever needed him to walk her dog.  Didnt sound covid related.  

bil is about same.

Sis and I dropped off assorted chemicals/ paint at hazardous waste recycling center today.  Can make appt and drop off 100lbs at no charge if living in my city.  They have a recycle shed where they put ones that are still good so people can take them.  We drove around here a bit and she showed me the house they showed her.  Then she wanted to go to the coffee shop for ice cream.  At least she is still looking around here.  

was out the door at 7 a.m., 7:25 appt. they keep me waiting for 30 mins. and then come ask if I had an appt.? you know full well the bulldogs up front won't let you get far if you don't have an appt. so WTH ( clean version ) got gel shot and next week's appt.

have a wonderful day

Hey Gang! Talk about Dr's: I started calling my Dr's office last Friday to get 2 appointments changed to 1 and they finally got back to me just a few minutes ago. I'd change Dr's if we weren't so short on them. DD (the PA) told me some time ago for our population, we're 40 Dr's short to meet the needs and probably more now. 'Rona sure doesn't help. The hospital is to the max and then some. Rant over.

Weather is strange. We usually have our hottest now and it's in the low 90's (not complaining). I'll take it! LOL Sounds like everyone is busy with different things. I sure hope all stay well.

• Like 1

Bad news. I had a dr apt today, he couldn’t find baby’s heartbeat with the Doppler so they took me to a different room to do quick ultrasound and did t see one so they sent me across the street to hospital perinatal department to do a proper scan just to make sure. Confirmed that baby had passed :( so I am now in a labor and delivery room at 17 weeks being induced so so I can deliver and name my baby. Please just keep me and Miss Jade in your prayers. I have no idea how I’m going to tell her that her baby is gone :(

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LaceyHill said:

Bad news. I had a dr apt today, he couldn’t find baby’s heartbeat with the Doppler so they took me to a different room to do quick ultrasound and did t see one so they sent me across the street to hospital perinatal department to do a proper scan just to make sure. Confirmed that baby had passed :( so I am now in a labor and delivery room at 17 weeks being induced so so I can deliver and name my baby. Please just keep me and Miss Jade in your prayers. I have no idea how I’m going to tell her that her baby is gone :(

I am so sorry.  Prayers and hugs for you all.

2 hours ago, LaceyHill said:

:hug:ghug:hug Big hugs and lots of prayers for you and the angel.  Just Hug Miss Jade and her hugs will also make you feel better.