granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Yes, the yarn tossing was horrible.... Chris said he felt like he needed to go home and take all the sharp objects out of the house🤣

Still on a cross stitch kick. I couldnt bring my large project to Orlando so I started a smaller , more portable , project. Hamtaro is a childhood favorite of my kids. So I made this for my younger so

Posted Images

Good Morning.

Lea I do hope you feel better soon.  

I know how you feel.  Sometimes you just want to chuck the Dr.'s advice and get up and buggy.:skeleton:rofl

Have a fun day.

There's a huge thunderhead coming my way! It looks pretty serious. I hope it's not one of our gully washers, literally.

I'm still plugging along daily now on the blue blanket. It's only 2-4 rounds a day but, it will get done eventually. I'll put a photo under WIP in just a bit.

I sure hope everyone having health problems feels better today. I get around better every single day. Now I'm going to go sit at the kitchen counter and prep things for chili! Mild chili that is. This old stomach doesn't tolerate too spicy anymore. Enjoy the day gang!

Edited by ReniC

Hello,  Glad to hear you are doing better Reni.

I was just told my Dr. appointment is cancelled on Thursday.  Won't see me again till I have the MRI (Aug. 25) and a Neuro test EMG(Sept 15th). So we will now take this leg into Sept.

Lots of thunder and lightning with rain.  They are now watching 2 storms working their way up here, one has no eye yet and they both look like they might go into the Gulf.  It is the height of Hurricane season.

Oh and the voice is almost back.

Mary Jo, I've never understood why it takes so long to get tests done and see doctors, but I guess we are better off in that respect than some countries. Glad the voice is coming back.

Reni, hope the storm isn't bad. The ombre is working nicely.

Lea, hope the ulcers are doing better!  Chocolate cake should be the cure for lots of stuff.

We're under a heat advisory all this week--very unpleasant temps and humidity. 

I had the grands starting really early (6:30) this morning til about 11. They'll be here again tomorrow morning but not until about 8, thank goodness. I was able to take a nap this afternoon. Dentist apt and groceries Thursday. Hopefully nothing Friday. A couple of phone calls to make and some paperwork needs to be done in there somewhere.

Stay cool!

Good Morning.

Good Luck with the PT Lyn.

Beautiful morning, but looking at thunder storms again this afternoon.

Have a fun day.

Yesterday's storm turned into another Haboob and did it ever pour! It hailed also and dropped to 63°F! It didn't flood my back yard this time though and my neighborhood didn't get all the dust previous to the downpour. More on the way this afternoon. Weird weather because we never had these powerful storms before in this area. This is Phoenix weather.

After my wi-fi came back on last night I watched the last 4 episodes of "Paranoia" on Netflix while crocheting. It was suspenseful and entertaining. Love those British cop dramas.

Take good care everyone and hope your day goes smoothly.

Edited by ReniC

I just wanted everyone to know I am melting...if you are looking for me I will be that large puddle of fat by  the recliner...🤣

I am doing much better, got on the bike (inside) for 30 minutes today, took my meds and drank plenty of water.....

Headed down to visit ds#2 and his family, 4 kiddos in that group. Going to have some fun before they go back to school on Monday.

we have also committed to finally take the ever growing pile of things to Goodwill on our way down...  we'll have to rest on Friday and Sat. before church Sunday and taking my MIL out to lunch on Sunday for her birthday.

She has become quite opinionated in her older years....

Organized the pantry today so I can call in a Walmart order, AND been caught in the middle of trying to help get care for my Uncle in CA who has lung cancer. His son is in Australia under very strict lock down, his other son passed away in Nov from COVID so I finally had to call the  Thousand Oaks sheriffs dept to do a wellness check. He is in the hospital and I haven't heard what they are doing with my aunt who has heart problems, or the old dog with no teeth and arthritis... I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.... no wonder I have an ulcer...

Hugs to everyone, I go to my happy place recliner, watch true crime shows and crochet....and sweat

So sorry to hear about all the family trouble.  Keep them in our thoughts.

Hang in there you should start cooling down soon.  Good for you getting on the bike (inside).  

Storms are moving in for the afternoon.  I can hear the thunder, can't see the lightning yet, but we are getting some rain.  I do miss getting rain, then it cooling off.  Here it just get hotter.  My front windows ad sliding glass doors are steamed up.

Have a fun night, I have to shut down, with the storms coming in.

Lea sorry to hear about your uncle and family.  Bless you for helping out.  Will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Sitting around waiting to see if there are any changes in my usual allergy symptoms because dh and I were notified we have been in presence of someone testing positive for covid.  They told us since we were vaccinated and wearing masks our chances of catching it is less than 5%.  

good morning

Oh Bgs, it seems no matter how hard you try that virus keeps lurking about, hope you stay well,its really scary for kids under 12 that can't get the shot yet

we never stopped wearing the masks, and they don't appear to be going away anytime soon, so Bill ordered more masks for all of us,one lady he works with, makes fitted ones, most masks swim on my face, she makes one xxs and it fits great,she sent him a picture of the ones she had done up, I picked the top two, got one of them and I said I didn't order the flowery one, he said yes you did, I said show them to me, he pulls them up and I point to the one  I had picked and said it doesn't look anything alike, think a picture of the Northern Lights and a field of colorful flowers

Ah Brenda, hope there is no change in your allergies, but it is a worry.

Good Morning.

Another quite morning.  Watching the storm.  Looks like another wet weekend.

Have a fun day.

Well just heard from sis # 2.  bil has covid.  He was exposed Sat at work.  He never got vaccinated but sis did. Wow we just squeaked by on the timing because this time last Thurs was his mom's funeral and we went to visitation.  We wore masks but no one else did.  

It just keeps getting better and better.  

My niece's daughter is getting married in October.  I wonder if she will still be able to have the wedding she wants.  

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

It just keeps getting better and better.  

My niece's daughter is getting married in October.  I wonder if she will still be able to have the wedding she wants.  

The person that we were exposed to caught it by going to a wedding over the weekend.  She was vaccinated and  rode in car with someone that was also vaccinated.  Wedding was 4 hour ride away and they spent the weekend there. The someone called her on Tues saying they were covid positive.  

Lea, that's a lot going one. Getting info and helping long distance is a challenge for sure.

Brenda, hope y'all stay well and bil has a light case.

lyn, is the PT helping or is it too early to tell?

I had a major melt-down last night but I have my big girl pants on this morning. Took breakfast out to the pool and got some exercise. Just need to keep the momentum going now. Hopefully it won't be too hot to mow this afternoon. So far we don't have a heat advisory. There's some rain in the forecast every day for the next week, so I'd really like to get it done.

Saying a prayer that everyone in FL makes it thru the storm safely.

anyone else so tired of covid,, jabbed or not the number are still climbing here in NC,,, Didn't want to miss the day before back to school with 4 of my grands so we took them out of Mexian ( their favorite) and  taught them how to play UNO.. such a fun time...

Our county issued a new mask mandated.. ya'll I am tired... I want to live the last third of my life being joyful and happy, not scared, suspicious  or mandated... I want to kiss those grand babies and laught and play...

On a VERY positive note my DIL had a friend who was closing up a yarn shop and asked Kathy if she knew any one who might need some yarn..... 50 full boxes of yarn later... I am not sure WHAT I will do with all this but I feel because it was given to me I need to give back... I am thinking pocket shals for infusion patients for chemo etc for part of it.  The name is Brunswick which I know is older but it all looks very good..

Love and hugs to everyone

Good to hear about no blood clots.  They can be dangerous.

Just saw the weather and it looks like Fred is now a depression again.  That could change over the weekend, once it hits the Gulf.  The spaghetti models have it moving more to the west, which means that we will get rain and maybe a little wind.  Not so bad.  They are moving it to the pan handle.  Will keep an eye on it.

Off to shut down for the night.  Have a good one.

I agree totally, Lea. I'm tired of weighing whether a trip out to do whatever is worth the risk. Wearing a mask in the summer heat is so horrible. Hoping it will run it's course soon. That's such a great yarn haul--so many possibilities!

lyn, hope you'll get some relief soon.

I didn't get the yard mowed. Just as it got late enough to be cooling off a little, a thunderstorm came thru. Maybe today.

Spent the weekend in Orlando. Glad Fred stayed off to the west and we didnt have to cut our weekend short.  

We went to Comic Con. We are both vaccinated and masks were mandatory in the convention center.  Plexiglass at the autograph tables and a plexiglass curtain between us and the celebs for photo ops.  

I told my husband, its history, we will tell the grand kids how we did cons during the pandemic!   

• Like 1

Good morning!

Hope all that is feeling under the weather feels better soon.

Lea i hope you feel better and hunkering down with yarn is enjoyable. I don’t go far these days. 

Grandson turns 18 today!! How exciting . A long time waiting for this day to come. 

• Like 1