granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

2 hours ago, pineknott said:

Is that thr Infant Of Prague? beautiful work

It is Our Lady of Mount Carmel or Our Lady of the Scapular. When it is finished, both mother and child are holding the Brown Scapular.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Lea: That is indeed the cake you described, minus the nuts. I've included the link for the recipe I use now. I lost my GM's recipe from when I was a kid and this one is pretty close. My dad didn't lik

Catalogues: Anyone remember Spiegel's? My mom especially loved that one. She would order all of our school clothes from that one and Montgomery Wards. There was a huge Montgomery Wards store not too f

Posted Images

I have  crocheted over 80 scrubbiesbthe past week.  My daughter and I have  been up late watching hoarders! So I crochet scrubbies. Then got up and started clearing my house. It feels good to get rid of stuff. More yet to go!

Up early, hoping to go back to sleep, but thought I would drop in and see how everyone is doing.

Have a fun day.

Still really hot here! Pretty much stuck in the house except for a little swimming time.

Lea, my older son and DIL have adopted a series of retired racing greyhounds. There is a race track relatively close to them and an adoption group. They really love the breed.

I need to go dig thru some yarn and decide on my next project--something small for sure.

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I heard that once they retire, the greyhound is the biggest couch potato in the world.:rofl

Yes, they call them 40 mph couch potatoes! Real laid back but don't let them off the leash unless it's in a fenced area.

Good Morning.  Up with the sun this morning.

Tomorrow is haircut, can't wait for that.

Sun is shinning and not a cloud in the sky, but this is Florida, that may change.

Hey did you see the pictures of Main Street in Disney the other day.  Because of all the rain they got at one time, the streets were flooded.  The kids were having a great time playing in the streets.

Have a fun day.

Good Morning!

We had thunder yesterday but no rain, Florida weather :shrug

I've waded through water at Disney a few times. One of the cast members told us during a rain shower that people get angry with them when it rains, like they can control the weather. 

Laundry and grocery shopping today.

Hope you all have a great day.

good morning

still lugging around the boot, boy at the end of the day,I'm tired, hope PT makes it stonger and I ditch the boot

Good morning,

Quiet day here, I'm crocheting a dress for my granddaughter's doll and enjoying a marathon of The Librarians.

Have a good day!

Rain came early today! I love The Librarians, great show very fun and creative. If this rain emds I may go to Michaels and Joanns later (fortunately where I live the two stores are practically across the street from eachother).

Sandra, I always watch hoarders when I need to declutter the house... true motivation. Yesterday we spent the day with Savannah , Josh and Jenn, today was church and then Josh took us all out for breakfast.

Stormy and rainy now. working on a C2C... need the mindlessness of it all..

hope all is well with everyone.... Lyn, make friends with that boot...

Hugs

It's not quite as hot today, some clouds, maybe rain later, only 104 heat index. Really looking forward to high 60's several nights next week.

It's been too hot to do anything, so I've been watching some of the Olympics and crocheting some. 

Hope everyone has stayed cool this weekend!

Sis is on her way home from hospital on blood thinner and oxygen.  Extreme heat has moved out but the cooler air has brought smoke from Canada wildfires.  I can smell it and its doing a number on my eyes and lungs.  I am getting so congested.  I was so sad at church this morning.  Because of increasing covid we decided after today we probably shouldnt be going for awhile.  Masks required here at Village starting Mon.

Brenda glad to hear your sister is on her way home, she now has to be very careful.

Lyn I am rooting for you against the boot.  They are no fun to lug around.

Hair cut today and I feel 10 lbs. lighter.

I have to say this and do not mean it as political.

It is ironic that they are pushing the vaccine on Americans, but not illegals.  Yet when you look at the statistics more people die (especially children) from the flu each year than this Covid has killed.  How about pushing the flu vaccine.

Ok off the soap box.

Watching Mutiny on the Bounty with Mel Gibson and Anthony Hopkins.  Watched The Russians are coming the Russians are coming.  Sun is going down now.

Have a great night.   

Hi Lacey, I do hope you start feeling better soon.  As you can see, you are not alone in the non-sleep area.

Sun not up yet, so not sure what kind of day we will have today.

So I will say Good Morning.

On 7/30/2021 at 2:01 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Lea, my older son and DIL have adopted a series of retired racing greyhounds. There is a race track relatively close to them and an adoption group. They really love the breed.

I been sending donations for about 20 years for those poor greyhounds to their adaption group. I do feel very sorry for them. They use them for racing's and when they get older they are no longer needed! :(

Krys

11 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

It is ironic that they are pushing the vaccine on Americans, but not illegals.  Yet when you look at the statistics more people die (especially children) from the flu each year than this Covid has killed.  How about pushing the flu vaccine.

You are RIGHT!. It dos NOT make any sense....... New amid. dos not think that is anything wrong with that. Before the end of this year we will have 2 MILLION not-tested & not vet people crossed our border. Right now we are a country with out borders!. I just wonder how long our country will be able to handle all of that..?.

Krys

Brenda, I am so sorry for you and your family

I read that wrong to begin with,wasn't quit awake, sorry

Edited by pineknott