granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I would give my right arm to be able to have Lilac bushes down here, but alas, we can not, unless you want to put ice on them in the winter.  

Up at 6 again watching "The Brother's Grimm"  with Mat Damion and Heath Ledger.  

Well, off to see what the world has to offer.

I had 3 lilacs at old place.  My last spring there they all were loaded with the most fragrant blooms.  They had finally grown big  and the weather cooperated that year.  They were starts my dad had given me.  I had a white one and two purple.  I also had a big snowball bush.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I'll be doubled dipped! Looks like the topic was blocked somehow. Go figure. My Dr. appointment went well yesterday about my bloodwork. The doc and I were pleased with my results. However,

I took the name Bernadette for my confirmation name

Weatherman was bold and forecasted 100% chance of rain today so another cloudy damp day here.  He also had the audacity to say our chances for rain this coming week were greater than it was for this p

Posted Images

1 hour ago, pineknott said:

good morning ladies

we are out the door shortly to get my special order shoes from SAS, these are made especially for people that have severe ankle swelling they are expandable, hope they are good for the cost we paid, but all orthpedic/diabetic shoes do not come cheaply, the dr has me listed as pre diabetic,medicare does not recognize pre diabetic for their diabetic shoes, so its out of our pocket.

Wow, Bgs now that is dedication for a plant hobbiest,I lost two beautiful double red hibiscus, due to not getting it in on time, one I had for 12 yrs, it was a half dead withered plant at Lowes for 50% off, .I nursed it back to health.

I know I was so shocked when we came here in '85 , the humidity was killer,especially after coming from a state that didn't have humidity. Also the shock that pansies would grow in winter,okay they do lay flat after a snow and temperature dip, but they come back stronger than ever. When my sil was in New Smyrna, she had lovely geraniums.

The shout out this morning is to MS where our member Greyhoundgrandma is, always good to see you when you stop by.

have a great day everyone

Sis had a double yellow hibiscus for many years.  I think it got too big on her.  Never seem to see doubles for sale in the smaller plants.  If only I had known a bit about bonsai back then. Sis has always kept pansies in pots so they die in winter.  Last year she planted some in the ground and was very surprised to see them alive this spring.  She could have had a yard full with all she has purchased thru the years.  

Good Morning, 

I was up early around 4:30, my body doesn't know the difference between weekdays and weekends. I got Mom's meds ready for another week, then went for groceries a little after 7. Now it's laundry and some sewing. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Posted (edited)

again the ride there was a nail biter,I think Va. Beach s trying to compete with CA. and how many lanes of traffic to make, I think we are headed to 7-8 lanes

the shoes are comfy but will take some getting used to, they feel like I'm wearing shoe boxes,hopefully I don't trip and land on my arse

Edited by pineknott

good evening! A perfect day in the theme parks as a family! Weather rwas beautiful. A bit warm but not until the afternoon. Fun on the rides, nice dinner. Now tucked in for the night (early but, oh well) with a glass of wine.

Used the walking bike all day (a bit of a sore bottom but the leg is fine!) Couldn't ask for a more Blessed day! 

• Like 1

Wonderful Ratdog

I'm so happy you had such a wonderful day,I'm glad someone enjoys those rides

getting ready to call it a night,if I don't get here at the top of the morning

Happy Mother's Day to all you early birds

• Like 1

Happy Mother's Day!

Ratdog, sounds like you had a great day. We're considering attending Disney's Boo Bash in the fall, we haven't been there since before the pandemic.

I was planning to take my dad for his covid vaccine today, but checked the website again yesterday and they are closed in observance of Mother's Day. He has to start his vaccine again because he was in the hospital when he was suppose to get the 2nd dose. He wants to stick with pfizer since that's what he had the first time. My little granddaughter might becoming to hang out today but no definite plans for the day. My youngest daughter is working and my oldest daughter and the kids were here for a visit on Wednesday, my son-in-law's work schedule makes it difficult for them to visit on the weekends. My mom is still not feeling her best so it will be a quiet day here. I started weaving some kitchen towels yesterday so I will work on those today.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

• Like 1

good morning,Happy Mother's Day

took time away this morning to skype with sis in law in  Germany

enjoy your day

Happy Mother's Day to everyone.

Today will be quiet. My GD , GS and his GF, DD and SIL will be here for dinner. We're ordering take-out to give my DD a break from cooking. GD gave me a beautiful bouquet of blush roses. So pretty. We try to keep it simple here and not so commercialized.

I'm on the last round of the blanket border! I think I crocheted a bit too much last night as my finger joints are complaining. It will pass.

I hope everyone has a great day celebrating whether you're far are near to your loved ones.

• Like 1

Spent Thursday -Saturday with my oldest son and family in Charlotte, hadn't seen them since Dec 2019... Now that they have the vax they are going like crazy... in 3 days I attended a baseball game, went out to dinner, went strawberry pickin,went to baseball pictures night, out to dinner again, played a game of chicken feet, went to a flag football practice , had a cook out and then headed home... 3 hours later I was at home ready for bed,and they only have ONE child!!!

Spent today with MIL & FIL making ice cream sundaes and eating fresh strawberries, they were appreciative...

Need to head to bed so I can get somethings done around the house tomorrow , Chris is NOT much of a housekeeper when I am gone...

Happy Mom's day to all the moms, and if you didn't hear from a loved one... consider yourself hugged and loved...

3 hours ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Spent Thursday -Saturday with my oldest son and family in Charlotte, hadn't seen them since Dec 2019... Now that they have the vax they are going like crazy... in 3 days I attended a baseball game, went out to dinner, went strawberry pickin,went to baseball pictures night, out to dinner again, played a game of chicken feet, went to a flag football practice , had a cook out and then headed home... 3 hours later I was at home ready for bed,and they only have ONE child!!!

Spent today with MIL & FIL making ice cream sundaes and eating fresh strawberries, they were appreciative...

Need to head to bed so I can get somethings done around the house tomorrow , Chris is NOT much of a housekeeper when I am gone...

Happy Mom's day to all the moms, and if you didn't hear from a loved one... consider yourself hugged and loved...

Wow! You are making up for lost time.  

Posted (edited)

good morning

wow, what a jammed packed family fun time that was,so happy for you.

its a gray overcast day here

Edited by pineknott

I am still recouping, and some how, in his 60 plus years DH has forgotten how to wash a dish, fold a piece of clothing ,make a bed, water plants...or change cat litter.... no rest for the weary

1 hour ago, minwifeof4boys said:

I am still recouping, and some how, in his 60 plus years DH has forgotten how to wash a dish, fold a piece of clothing ,make a bed, water plants...or change cat litter.... no rest for the weary

Thats got to change!  Since moving dh has no outdoor work so now he does most of the dusting, vacuuming, mopping, and cleans the bathroom.  He was oblivious to all the great outdoors he tracked in at old place but here he notices every little speck on his floor even the patio.  The dustbuster has become an extension of his arm.

11 minutes ago, bgs said:

Thats got to change!  Since moving dh has no outdoor work so now he does most of the dusting, vacuuming, mopping, and cleans the bathroom.  He was oblivious to all the great outdoors he tracked in at old place but here he notices every little speck on his floor even the patio.  The dustbuster has become an extension of his arm.

I can only pray for the great enlightenment in our home....🤣

26 minutes ago, minwifeof4boys said:

I can only pray for the great enlightenment in our home....🤣

When we moved I enlightened him!  He was not going to be running off doing fun stuff leaving me here to clean house.  He settled into a nice routine when I was with my sis so much.  He is very regimented and that carries over into his cleaning schedule.  It cracks me up how he obsesses over his floor.  If I get crumbs on his floor I try to sneakily scoot them over under his seat so he thinks he dropped them.  When I am cooking and cleaning vegetables I just say sorry for the floor but you want to eat right?

• Like 1

Chris is blind as a bat to those things, he can easily walk over a pair of dirty socks he has just thrown down then put them in the hamper.  However, he is still working and I am retired, ( he is a bit younger then me), so I haven't ramped up chores yet...but its coming!!!

Lea, you made me tired just reading about your visit with family, but it sounds like you had a great time.

My mother's day wasn't as uneventful as I hoped it would be. My granddaughter and son-in-law stopped by to visit for about an hour, which was very nice. But then I had to take my mother to the walk in clinic for thrush in her mouth, then go to the pharmacy to pick up prescriptions. I was also awake during the night because she was up very late and making a lot of noise. She is feeling better today so hopefully it will be a quiet night. After work today I took my dad for his 2nd Covid dose, hooray! I'm a little more tired than usual today so it will probably be an early night. I hope you all have a very enjoyable evening.

• Like 1

Bill and his mom suffered  from the same thing, I can put something on the counter turn around and back to use it,and its gone, they'd say oh you didn't use it yet? its put away itis

funny Bill the neat nik and me clutter doesn't bother me at all,put all my stuff away and I get itchy twitchy I think alot of it has to do with growing up in foster care, where you didn't have much

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pineknott said:

I can put something on the counter turn around and back to use it,and its gone

Dh does this to me all the time!  Says he is just trying to help.  I have told and told him I will ask for his help when I want it.  Only thing is when I ask for help I get muttering under his breath because he didnt want to be bothered. It makes me question my sanity and one of us has to be ok or its hello assisted living.  He mixes things up constantly when he speaks and expects me to know what he means and has done so since I have known him.  I live with Mr. Magoo.

I am very blessed. My husband is ok if things arent perfect. As long as he can get dressed, breakfast and out the door on time hes ok if the floor has a few crumbs (doesnt see them ).  

10 hours ago, bgs said:

Dh does this to me all the time!  Says he is just trying to help.  I have told and told him I will ask for his help when I want it.  Only thing is when I ask for help I get muttering under his breath because he didnt want to be bothered. It makes me question my sanity and one of us has to be ok or its hello assisted living.  He mixes things up constantly when he speaks and expects me to know what he means and has done so since I have known him.  I live with Mr. Magoo.

I wonder if I do the same thing, Bill calls it talking in riddles,I just jump right in and expect him to understand what I'm talking about

I say the same thing, about I'll ask for help, I can remember what his mom said 

" I don't remember how to do anything, because its always being done for me "

so to me its very important to me to let me try and do it myself, I don't know why he can't just get it, or am I talking in riddles once again ,lol

Got one on all of you.  IF he could help John would.  Problem is his walking and such is getting worse.  Now I am down, so we are not as tidy as we should be.

Today the Bedazzle Boys (our cleaners) will be here.  I am going to have to up their pay and get them to come in twice a month, instead of once.

We were suppose to get some help this week, but they keep changing or cancelling on me.  Time to look for a new group of homecare.

Have a fun day.