granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

@Bailey4 Which yarn, if you don't mind my asking? I can only use some colors of Super Saver if you're talking about that, because for some reason, some colors are softer than others. I go after soft yarns because of my nerves. I know it sounds pathetic, but when your nervous system hates you, and you have severe chronic pain, the last thing you want to do is set your nervous system off.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Yes, the yarn tossing was horrible.... Chris said he felt like he needed to go home and take all the sharp objects out of the house🤣

Still on a cross stitch kick. I couldnt bring my large project to Orlando so I started a smaller , more portable , project. Hamtaro is a childhood favorite of my kids. So I made this for my younger so

Posted Images

I've used lots of different brands of acrylic.  I wouldn't suggest caron super soft its too silky but I've not had an issue with most other brands.

• Like 1

Alright. Good to know. Any (very) simple patterns you recommend for scrubbies?

I'll probably end up using cotton yarn. The peaches n cream yarn and sugar n cream brands seem to do well for wash cloths. I bet they'd be good scrubbies.

good morning

the simple art of walking,just going along, headed up the ramp to the house,when all of a sudden it felt like a sling shot was released to my right leg,then moving the leg was a pain, so went to the ER,again got the not so helpful P.A., going back to same ortho that looked at the knee,2 months ago

J

I've noticed that all super saver are not created equal, black especially, tears your hands up, and some have an odd smell, mostly darker colors

Hello all 

Lyn, That sounds scary, I hope your leg is feeling better.

Mary Jo I hope you’re feeling better too.

Not much happening here today. The kids will be here later to pick up the puppy.

have a good day.

Posted (edited)

Hi All.. good to see you all again.  well my latest dr. appt last week everything looks great, my axi 1 as always 6.0, and i guess according to doc, my kidneys, liver, heart, guts and other internal things, lol are operating at peak performance so i am good gor a while longer lol  only thing is, he was out of sugar free suckers!!! lol  dont think I didnt ask lol  

ok, still shuffling along with this darn oppressive heat and humidty, which is quite stifling at times    Dove is still down to just the female, that Hrrican Omha, took her mate, including the tree he was sheltering I guess, only she escaped, and has mourned him for a few weeks now  she is better, and i hope she is able to find another mate for life once again  

waiting on the last window, it finally came in, but has either rained since we got it, or has bee too hot to put it in lol  so we wait 

well oh got my second pnuemonia booster shoot too last week and it sisnt effect me at all, and now i am good for life as you only need to do it once a year for 2 years and you are done lol

still continuing my seaming work, and got my 2 for the month of August done, not pictured yet, and July's 2 went out on the early part of July, sp i make take a short break from seaming lol if my conscience allows that lol and just crochet a few squares, or i don't  know, thought about doing a baby ghan still not sure lol  I know pine Ridge accepts those as well ..Daughter and son in law, brought over a new big screen, didnt know we needed that, and put in sound around with it, my oh my, we are astounded at the tecnics these days lol   also still getting accustomed to my new tablet so really teckie here now lol  

they are so good to us lol  

all for now, that is the update, sandra how are you doing, mj hope your probs healthwise are improving, lun, how is rene' doing and yourself  everyone, stay cool Fl. residents please get a vacination if you havent already missouri, same for you please your states, are the tewo with the most new cases, and the moost people not vacinated, do the math  and get on this for you, for your people, and for all of us    Lecture closed, donuts and coffee or diet coke, lol in the vestibule .,.. please partake on your way out  thank you 

Edited by katyallen8090

GalaxyCrocheter: You hang in there. I'm trying to do the same. Thank God I can still crochet. You might want to try the link Bailey4 included for Scrubbies. They work very well. Hey, that's a good idea for the Veggie Scrubbers. Your cat names sound out of this world! (LOL- sorry about that, couldn't resist. I bet they are cuties.)

pineknott: Your 5 drops of rain made me giggle. My DH used to say, "5% chance of rain today, that means 5 drops of rain". He always had something humorous to say.

cshort: Hope you and the puppy got along great and no accidents.

ratdog: I too tried making tulle scrubbies and couldn't take the abrasiveness. You are one tough cookie to make more than one. I haven't done any cross stitch in years. I still have a wall hanging though my daughter made me in 1985 or so. She became quite good at it but, didn't keep it up.

Bailey4: Love that Spiral Scrubbie pattern. The first one was a bit intimidating when sewing together but after that, it went quickly and I have made many. Hmmm...maybe it's time I make some mare for my gals. I have tons of cotton yarn stashed.

Uh=oh. Got to get off of here. Another storm is brewing. Enjoy the day!

we had a vestibule,where we lied in Bklyn, got my hand caught in one of those big metal doors between,its a wonder it didn't wreck my handwriting for life,as it was my left hand that got slammed.

Good Morning

It's quiet here this morning with no grandkids or puppy, it won't last long, my little granddaughter will be here tomorrow. I'm working on costumes again today, I'm hoping to have them finished this week. 

Hope you all have a great day.

• Like 1

Did ya'll miss me.?  My brother and I had so much fun meeting up in WV. Spent lots of time wiht the cousins and our 2 aunts and an uncle.  Took our  uncle to the PawPaw Fair to see the demolition derby. I don't know what was more fun, the derby or watching my reserved uncle whoop and holler.

Lost miserably to my 84 year old aunt in shuffle board and so I retreated to to the sofa with my other aunt where we curled up and I listened to her stories.

Eric and I were able to tweak the last parts of the book and it is now at the the editors, even if the book is a flop, I am still so proud of myself for doing it.

Hope all is well,

49 minutes ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Did ya'll miss me.?  My brother and I had so much fun meeting up in WV. Spent lots of time wiht the cousins and our 2 aunts and an uncle.  Took our  uncle to the PawPaw Fair to see the demolition derby. I don't know what was more fun, the derby or watching my reserved uncle whoop and holler.

Lost miserably to my 84 year old aunt in shuffle board and so I retreated to to the sofa with my other aunt where we curled up and I listened to her stories.

Eric and I were able to tweak the last parts of the book and it is now at the the editors, even if the book is a flop, I am still so proud of myself for doing it.

Hope all is well,

Of course we missed you. It sounds like you had a great time. Good luck with your book.

• Like 1

quick fly by

trying to get used to a boot, standard 5' 5", how you think this 5' 2 " person is doing in it? nope not so easy, but do what you have to

• Like 1

Great news about the book lea. You are right to be proud of finishing it! 

Made two scrubbies from tulle. I was lucky to pick it up on sale a while ago at Joanns. 

1627498161302-147327413.jpg

On 7/26/2021 at 5:35 PM, GalaxyCrocheter said:

@Bailey4 Which yarn, if you don't mind my asking? I can only use some colors of Super Saver if you're talking about that, because for some reason, some colors are softer than others. I go after soft yarns because of my nerves. I know it sounds pathetic, but when your nervous system hates you, and you have severe chronic pain, the last thing you want to do is set your nervous system off.

GalaxyCrocheter: (Not trying to but in- Just a note to add) I use 100% cotton yarn such as Peaches'n Creme for the Spiral Scrubbies and they work well. I tried one with Hobby Lobby's- I Love This Cotton and it was too soft.

Ratdog I made 12 in the shape of a sphere a long time ago and the stuff was so hard on my hands and favorite hook that I still dont want to make more.

Thermometer on screened in patio says its 100° out.  Sis # 1 that had the hard time last year is doing pretty good but our youngest sis (on other side of state) is in the hospital with blood clots in both lungs, both legs, and waiting on heart ultrasound.  She is diabetic and had multiple UTI's.  Glad they finally found a hospital that could take her as they are full.

Lea congrats on your book.  Dh wrote one from his genealogy research.  The gen library here will hard bind and put it on their shelf if you print it off and submit it to them.  The library in Fort Wayne IN will do the same.  If you submit 2 copies they will bind one and send it back to you at no charge.  We encouraged his cousin to write a book because she remembers so much about her great grand parents.  

Good Morning

Brenda, prayers for your sister and family.

Usual stuff today, laundry, cleaning, etc.

Have a good day everyone.

Lyn I do hope the leg is ok.  Isn't it funny how we take just walking for granted.

Lea, so glad to hear about the book.  Congrats and good luck to you.

Brenda, I do hope your sister is better today.  Will keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Starting to close in on another week.  Finally getting my hair washed today.  Sunday we have our hairdresser coming to cut it.

Well, beautiful sunny day today.

Have a great one.

Brenda, hope they get your sister's issues resolved. That's a lot going on.

The heat index is already 90 this morning. If we can endure thru Sunday, cooler temps are on the way. I got the front yard mowed late Monday afternoon and the rest will just have to wait. Hoping to have some down time today although there are lots of inside chores waiting.

Hope everyone is resting, healing and stay cool!

Thanks all,

Brenda I sure hope your sis is okay, keep us updated.

Lyn, do you have to wear that thing at night?

MJ, a good head scrubbing always feels good!

I have never worked with tulle ratdog, but those look great.

Carol, when does your school start up

Mona,  my brother and his wife just invested in a racing greyhound. Don't know much about it except they live in SC and the dog lives in Jacksonville Fl..... I am more the dog at my feet here at home type.

How are you doing Reni?

GalaxyCrocheter, not sure I gave you a  proper welcome, glad to have you

good morning 

back from Pt assessment, 2x's a wk, 7:15 a.m.guess I'll be eating when I get back home, all the resistance she did, she said the legs were strong

Lea, no I don't need to wear it at nite,,being short legged,its a real trick to sit, the top of it got caught under the chair where I couldn't move, had to lift up the chair and have Rene' move the boot out of the way,it feels like carrying a dang wood plank,its tiring.

Working on cross stitch today. Started back in March (I think, maybe february).  Here is my work so far on Our Lady of Mount Carmel custom design order by Stitching Jules Designs

1627583345454777223551.jpg

• Like 1