granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Yes, the yarn tossing was horrible.... Chris said he felt like he needed to go home and take all the sharp objects out of the house🤣

Still on a cross stitch kick. I couldnt bring my large project to Orlando so I started a smaller , more portable , project. Hamtaro is a childhood favorite of my kids. So I made this for my younger so

Posted Images

Congratulations Pineknott and may you have many more. 

Just wanted to drop in and say HI.

Still down, now I can't talk.  Makes it better for Tampa Guy, he has peace and quite.:rofl

Have a fun day.

pineknott: Happy Anniversary- Wow- 51 years, that is great! I hope your day is very memorable.

Mary Jo: Were you referring to the 2nd Covid dose that made you so sick? If so, I've not heard of anyone getting that ill from it before, just some miner side effects. Hey, I'll bet Tampa Guy starts missing the chit-chat! 😅 Feel better real soon.

Owlvamp: Hi back! Hope you have a lovely weekend.

1 minute ago, ReniC said:

pineknott: Happy Anniversary- Wow- 51 years, that is great! I hope your day is very memorable.

Mary Jo: Were you referring to the 2nd Covid dose that made you so sick? If so, I've not heard of anyone getting that ill from it before, just some miner side effects. Hey, I'll bet Tampa Guy starts missing the chit-chat! 😅 Feel better real soon.

Owlvamp: Hi back! Hope you have a lovely weekend.

No I had no reaction to the 2nd covid shot.  My shot I was referring to was the 3rd shot to my knee.  I am so tired of hurting and being sick.

3 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

No I had no reaction to the 2nd covid shot.  My shot I was referring to was the 3rd shot to my knee.  I am so tired of hurting and being sick.

Gosh Mary Jo: I'm so sorry you're feeling miserable. Did you inform your Doc about the reaction? That's how I felt last night. I even raised my voice to say "I hate this house" because of a few miner things going haywire. I'm not sick, but, tired of all the pain and I refuse to take any more than OTC pain reliever. Prayers are coming your way for feeling better. Wish I could help you more. 

Good Morning

Congratulations Pineknott, I hope you had a wonderful day.

Mary Jo, I hope you're feeling better.

I've been at my daughter's house since Friday afternoon and I will be heading home today. We've just been hanging out watching movies and such. We went out to dinner Friday night, the first I've been out to eat since covid started. We also stopped at Home Depot and the produce/nursery store, I noticed less people wearing mask here than at home. Not much else going on here. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Pineknott, congrats on 51! Dh and I are coming up on 33 this Sunday..

Just got abck from a weekend with my grandson Jacob, so much fun, I now know more about Minecraft then I had ever wanted to know.

2 days at home then headed to WV to do some research on family and my Dad's community where he grew up. Did I tell you my brother and I are writing a book about the kids of coal camps in the 1930s? We have been working on it since May, I'll let you know when it comes out. He has published three books and has a publisher, so I am a novice at this , just remembering coal camp stories and writing some. Its fun, don't hope to make much, but I can cross off writing a book from my bucket list!

good morning

it was a rough nite, Rene' is having her first colonoscopy and the prep kept making her sick, it was a  combo of miralax and gatorade, so on and off I've been awake since 2:30

enjoy the day

Lyn, I hope all goes well with Rene's colonoscopy and she is feeling better soon. 

Lea, sounds like you were having fun. My grandkids tell me all about their video games but I still don't understand most of them or the obsession some people have with them.

I'm working on costumes today. My daughter just text that my little granddaughter is not sure she wants to be Raya now, she might want to be Wednesday from the Adams Family, so I guess I'll be making her 2 costumes. I know she'll wear them for dress up play and can decide which to wear for Boo Bash and Halloween. Not much else happening here. Hope you all have a great day. 

cshort

she is at the age,that they start screening you, she is happy to report she doesn't have to go back for 10 yrs

Edited by pineknott
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, pineknott said:

cshort

she is at the age,that they start screening you, she is happy to report she doesn't have to go back for 10 yrs

I'm glad to hear that. My dad was a little to happy after his last week because he said he'll probably never need to have one again, he is in his late 70s. 

hello all, been a little bit since i was here, we didnt have power for a while, but good now.  some people still without, ours was fixed quickly cos of underground lines.  most were not that lucky  hurricane Omaha did a lot of of trees downed and wires hot.  good to go now and   closest i ever wanna be to a Fl hurricane!!

Then before that we put in new windows, no harm done there, and then a sink clog, that required replacing and re arranging some pipes, so the water flowed at more of an angle, for which handy did and that is done, in the time after that the kids were here to grill out some steaks, and they brought over still a bigger tv, with sound surround and son in law did that all, while daughter grilled steaks and we didnt really have to do much but get a salad bowled up, and some cob corn for the grill  then after that , lol is now today!!  so been a hairy busy kind of time around here lately lol  

The kids even hauled away the boxes, and the old tv which i didnt think was through, but apparently they thought so they said there was a line in it, but i didnt see one lol  i told, i got new eyes, but still  dont have no 20 20 in either lol  So in closing, in a nutshell. I'm glad things are evening out a bit, its been a kind of hectic time lol  all better  now, and we will be fine  

• Like 1

Lyn congrats on 51.  If dh and I make it to Sept it will be 24 but seems like a very long 24.  Ah yes sis has had that cocktail many times this past year.  Glad Rene' made it thru ok.

Got the second permanent crown on today.  Had him adjust the other one a bit more as it just didnt feel right and has ached a bit.  I hope not to have to keep going back for adjustments on  this one.  Been going to dentist since May and I am ready to be done.  The one side has bothered me first with one thing and then another constantly for the last 5 years

Mary Jo hope you have gotten some relief from your suffering. 

Good day to all!

Not a lot going on here. Storms blow in every day from the southeast but no rain since 3 days ago and they're not near as bad as the big banger we had last week. Most seems to be going to the high country and the Grand Canyon, which is the norm.

My GD and the 4 grt-grands will  be back this evening until Friday morning. The girls want me to teach them to crochet, so, chains it will be. I haven't crocheted for 2 days- just haven't felt like it. The pause will do me good and I'll be ready to get back on it when the kids leave.

My GD's (that stays with me) unemployment comp card got hacked and they so far got away with all her funds. Not good! The state department and her bank are currently working with her to retrieve the funds back. This has happened 2x to my step-daughter, also to my oldest DD and to another GD. This is THE main reason I do NOT do online banking, automatic payments, etc. especially from a cellphone. Be careful out there.

Big thunderheads are rolling in so I leave you with hope you all are enjoying your day.

Edited by ReniC
  • Sad 1

So sorry to hear about your GD and her unemployment money.  Man I was to smack everyone who does that.

Pineknott, I have been using an inhaler for years, they are ok.  The bad thing right now is even when I use it now, I cough.

I have a tela conference with the Dr. yesterday.  When he got on the phone I said HI and he said boy you sound bad.  Turns out he thinks I have a cold.  I am to take Mucinex DM and just try and get plenty of rest.  If I was not worried about my falling, I would be putting some whisky alone with lemon in my tea. 

Have a good night, back to my corner.

Hello friends,

Out to Hobby Lobby for materials to finish a small gift for my son. Epoxy is drying/curing so I will post a picture later.   

Nobody around here is wearing masks anymore. From the general attitude in this area I seriously doubt all unmasked shoppers are vaccinated. It is distressing to see so many young kids out and about without masks. 

Edited by ratdog

Hello

There are more people here without mask too and the number of cases is on the rise again. The majority of the cases are unvaccinated people.  Our local hospitals are restricting visitors again. The school district south of me has announced that masks are optional when we return to school next month. As far as I know my district will still be requiring them.

I went to Hobby Lobby today too, and Michael's and Joanns and then came home and found the ribbon I need on etsy. Not much else going on here. Have a good evening.

4 hours ago, ratdog said:

Hello friends,

Out to Hobby Lobby for materials to finish a small gift for my son. Epoxy is drying/curing so I will post a picture later.   

Nobody around here is wearing masks anymore. From the general attitude in this area I seriously doubt all unmasked shoppers are vaccinated. It is distressing to see so many young kids out and about without masks. 

Same here.  Hospitals in rural parts of state are overflowing. The ones  here are now refusing their transfers because they are now full--- some covid but mostly other issues that have been put off because of covid.  I am worried about the variants because as long as it can find suitable hosts it will keep mutating until current vaccines wont protect us.  I saw where lambda variant has been found in US and its supposedly worse than delta.  Guess we are lucky that in the past people were agreeable to smallpox and polio vaccines.