granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

Brenda, can you believe when the first Star Wars movie came out I was working as the concession stand girl at a movie theater in Ohio.  I had memorized every word of the movie before I even saw it , and then took my baby brother to go see it when he was like...um... 7?

Now I have one grandson who is NUTS over Star Wars,  the cycle continues...LOL

Hot day here , muggy,

Hope all went well Lyn...

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Lea: That is indeed the cake you described, minus the nuts. I've included the link for the recipe I use now. I lost my GM's recipe from when I was a kid and this one is pretty close. My dad didn't lik

Catalogues: Anyone remember Spiegel's? My mom especially loved that one. She would order all of our school clothes from that one and Montgomery Wards. There was a huge Montgomery Wards store not too f

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Brenda, can you believe when the first Star Wars movie came out I was working as the concession stand girl at a movie theater in Ohio.  I had memorized every word of the movie before I even saw it , and then took my baby brother to go see it when he was like...um... 7?

Now I have one grandson who is NUTS over Star Wars,  the cycle continues...LOL

Hot day here , muggy,

Hope all went well Lyn...

Feels like 3 lifetimes ago!  

• Like 1

Tampa doll, yes. I have a wig that will be delivered friday (love Amazon!) and the boots and tights are in my bedroom closet. 

I havent used my sewing machine in so long I have forgotten how to thread it and wind the bobbins so the whole costume was hand sewn. One day soon i will get the machine out and spend a day relearning.

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 2

Hey gang! I hope all are hanging in there and enjoying these summer days. Not a lot is going on here. I binge watched Virgin River on Netflix the past 2 nights and enjoyed it-except for more cliff hangers than a bunch of rock climbers at Yosemite. They're all intertwined though.

I'm still rummaging through crochet patterns online and in my "library" trying to get a heads up on Christmas gifts. I get lost online so easily going through the thousands. I'm so amazed at the talent and generosity of so many people around the world.

Time to straighten up my office/studio then I'll fiddle with my new laptop that arrived yesterday. That ought to be a fun experience. Hah!

Enjoy the day.

• Like 1

I finished cleaning out the kitchen cabinets this morning then picked up the littlest granddaughter from school. Both granddaughters are lounging on the sofa with their iPads now so I'm checking the computer and maybe do a little spinning. They are installing the last impact window, it's the bay window on the front of the house, it's the biggest and has taken the longest, maybe that's why it was left it till last. That's about it for my corner of the world. Have a great day everyone.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, bgs said:

Feels like 3 lifetimes ago!  

Welcome if you count all the Star Wars series, it was more like 20 ages ago😂

well once again we have power, after what they are calling now, Hurricane Omaha came through a coiuple days ago     

took only 16 hours for us here to get power back on, but we had a generator keeping our well stocked freezer and frige from being ruined so, not too bad here, lots of downed trees, 90 mph winds catagorized it as cat 2 hurricane..   closest i ever wanna get lol  

89,000 still without power, but they are making progress, it was initially 275,000 out and they are working hard to get everyone back on grid asap. cleaning  up trees, and hot wires takes time i guess.  we didnt get damaged herem our new windows are fine, and yard was a bit messy, couple lawn chairs, and a down spout missing still, but that is all.  Neighbor to our east, lost a good part of the old tree in the backyard, but it was easy to find, it was crushing the neighbors fence.  but no one hurt around here anway.  that is all, back to work lol  

• Like 2

Ive been working on organizing my craft supplies. I had 3 grocery bags of stuff to toss and a very very small box of things to give to the elementary school art teacher. I rolled all my partial skeins into balls and I bought some small plastic baskets to put them in on amazon that will be here Saturday. I repurposed a milk crate that was in the garage so , so far, the total bill for the reprganozing project is only $20.  Now to get boxes labeled so I can find things when I need them.

Ratdog, what a motivator.... I walked in my craft room today and shut the door...LOL

Katy, I did not even know... goodness, my head must be in the sand or I need to check the news more often

• Haha 1

Wow Katy, I did not know you had hurricanes in Nebraska.  Glad you got your power back, and all is well.

Up early this morning, got a 9 AM appointment with the Dr. for the last shot and to find out about the MRI.  FUN:rofl

More rain today.

Have a fun day.

• Like 1

Last night was a doozy! We had such a huge storm around 3:00 am with a light show that surpassed any 4th of July event. It rained so hard at one pint I thought my house was going to wash away! Needless to say it didn't. We are still under a Flash Flood Watch, but, that's not unusual at all in the desert or high desert. I was just so amazed at how low it was and louder than usual. My windows shook. It could have been a mini-Micro Burst if there is such a thing.

I only got through cleaning the studio on half of a side. At least everything on that side is cleaned and filed. GD and 4 grt-grands will be here this evening for just 1 night from No-Calif. She's on her way to visit her dad's family in N.M. then she'll be back on the 27th for a 3 day visit. I can finish cleaning the whole counter top and cupboards after tomorrow- Maybe. LOL

Katy: That sounds so frightening! I too was clueless about hurricanes in your corner of the country, or anywhere around there for that matter. I'm glad for you that you faired okay.

Mary Jo: Let us know what your doc says!

More rain tonight. Sure hope it's not as violent.

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 1

Good Morning.

The MRI showed a torn meniscus, They can go in with an otoscopy and take it out, but it will not fix the arthritis.  As he was probing my leg, he decided I needed a MRI of the hip and some kind of nerve test.  The muscle or nerves above knee hurt when touched.  So not finished yet.

Yesterday was a bad day.  got the shot, which hurt this time, then came home and was not feeling very well.  I ate dinner and was miserable the rest of the night till I threw up.  Don't know what hit me, but it was both ends.  Not feeling to good today, so I am have a cup of hot tea with honey and lemon.  My go to remedy.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning

Katy, I'm glad you are ok, sounds like a very scary storm.

Reni, it sounds like you had quite a storm too, I'm glad you are ok.

Mary Jo, I hope you are feeling better soon. :hug

My granddaughter and I had the ultimate Tetris game yesterday. I'm not sure how we packed so much stuff in my car for the salvation army, but if there had been one more box or bag it would have been sitting in my granddaughter's lap. I still need to organize my little granddaughter's toy shelves here but we cleaned out all the "baby toys" a few months ago and gave them to a younger cousin. My sewing room is probably the most organized room, there are some things in the closet that could use some shuffling around but not a priority right now. We also went to Hobby Lobby and took my dad to a doctor's appointment yesterday, dinner was a rotisserie chicken, baked beans and salads from the grocery deli because I was tired. Ok I need to get moving with this day so I will talk with all of you later. Have a great day everyone!

My friends that were here Tues told us a neighbor of theirs just moved here.  Looked her up and she is in apt that we walk thru a lot and we remembered seeing her dogs name on her door.  Wed her door opened just as we were walking by so we introduced ourselves and  had lunch together.  Yesterday went to my sisters.  Dh has been helping a lady moving in to apt across the street by walking her dog and carrying in things from her car. She had hip replacement surgery in middle of moving.  Today was her last load of stuff to move.  She was exhausted so we had her go to lunch with us so she could sit, eat and not be looking at all those boxes and piles of stuff she needs to put away.  It was a good time to show her how our favorite food place works and introduce her to some of the people over there.  Made sure she got back in her apartment. Hope she goes to bed for awhile. Dh will be going over to walk with another lady shortly.  Trying to catch up laundry, cooking and housework.  We have bonsai tomorrow.  

Mary Jo: I'm so sorry you're feeling so ill. I do hope and saying prayers you get all this resolved and feel better right away.

cshort: You have been busy with organizing and donations. You are such a busy and productive person. You are inspiring!

pineknott: That sounds like a fun time to go to the Y. No Y here. The hospital has a complete fitness center with a track and Olympic size pool, but, a membership ($$$) is required.

Brenda: Small world isn't it. We always ran into someone we knew when we were traveling, no matter how far away from home we were.

No storm last night as predicted by the weather apps, which is good. GD and brood didn't get in until midnight and back out the door this morning at 8:30 am. They'll be back next Tuesday. I look forward to the visit. My word- they're growing so fast!

I started a large Granny Square blanket with some Blue Ombre'. I haven't made a Granny of any kind in years. Now to hope I don't get bored with the repetitive stitch.

Pest Control is coming today so I best get in gear and get a few things done before. Hope everyone is A-OK and happy. 

Edited by ReniC

Hope you are doing better MJ, nothing worth then tummy problems

Carol, wish I were playing Tetris, I am at my son's house in Charlotte watching my grandson for the weekend, spent two hours getting my butt kicked in Mario Kart..LOL

Very hot here

Tonight have a Monsters Inc Marathon, we'll play Uno ( I found a card shuffler at the thrift store for 2 dollars... a hit with every 5 year old

we had a hospital based one here in our section of Chesapeake,somehow it was a hit in this area and the YMCA moved into that spot, the one at the city seat is still going strong, our area is like the red headed step child of the five sections of Chesapeake

it should have read not a hit over in our area

Edited by pineknott

Mary Jo sounds like they are going to do an EMG on you. I have had them in the past. Not fun, but not painful and it doesnt require recovery time. Hope it goes well. 

Lea a card shuffler is a great idea with a 5yo. Another hit with my son was the coin sorting bank!

• Like 1