granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

Posted (edited)

Hi all! Hope the day is running smoothly for everyone.

Not much going on here. MY GD and I ordered salads from Chili's last night. Too hot to cook. Tonight we're trying out a new chicken recipe. 107°F today- I'm hunkered indoors again!

I reported several of the spam intrusions a little while ago. It's really getting ridiculous how many are coming in. Idiots!

It was rumbling yesterday where my DD was camping at a lake about 14 miles west of Yosemite when a 6.0 earthquake hit with many 4.+ aftershocks that caused more shaking. She was sitting in her vehicle trying to cool off because it's so unusually hot there right now and thought her dog in the back seat was shaking the car! GD and her kids were out on the boat and couldn't figure out why waves were starting up. Earthquake is one of the reasons I left Calif. Scary!

I broke own and ordered a new computer. None were available that I wanted in this town. It's already being shipped. I hope this one holds up while I'm backing everything up from it.

Now I'm going to crochet the final round on the little doily and maybe get to weaving in those ends on that afghan that I've procrastinated too long on. Cheers friends and have a beautiful day.

Edited by ReniC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Yes, the yarn tossing was horrible.... Chris said he felt like he needed to go home and take all the sharp objects out of the house🤣

Still on a cross stitch kick. I couldnt bring my large project to Orlando so I started a smaller , more portable , project. Hamtaro is a childhood favorite of my kids. So I made this for my younger so

Posted Images

Good Morning

I had my baby niece here keeping me busy yesterday. This morning I attended church online, put a pot roast and veggies in the crock pot and now I'm weaving. My granddaughter is watching videos on her iPad. I think it's going to be a lazy day.

I hope you all have a great day.

• Like 1

I survived yesterdays scorcher- it's only going to be 104° today. 😅

Pineknot: Hope you didn't get too drenched in the rain the other day. When I was a kid, that never bothered me. Now, probably not so much.

cshort: You've had a busy weekend with the little ones. I miss having little ones around. My grandkids are either grown, teens or too far away to enjoy all the time. Sigh.

Mary Jo: I hope you got through the storm ok and the knees are doing better.

Not much happening here . Last night I tried to start a Granny Square blanket with some RHSS Ombre', but it just was not happening. I then tried another pattern from the center but, it was not a go either. I'm going to have to find something to use up all this yarn. I know there's a pattern out there just calling my name.

A new Mexican restaurant (chain from Phoenix) opened here very recently, so, we are going to try them tonight for takeout then DD doesn't have to cook Sunday dinner on such a hot day. Hope it's decent food.

I'm now going to go pattern hunting! I hope your day turns out great.

Got back from Orlando this afternoon. Attended a Galaxycon Virtual Q&A event online with the voice actors from Beauty and the Beast. Then I worked on painting a foam sword for my cosplay outfit.    

Spent the weekend in the hotel room watching "flosstube" videos on youtube. Im such a nerd!

• Like 1

good morning

I looked up flosstube videos, because I had no idea what you were talking about,I cross stitched in the 80's and that would have been so useful

Good Morning.

ratdog would love to see your cosplay costume when you are done.  Very cool.

Another week and hopefully the last shot.  Will find out what the MRI said.

Getting my new Keurig today.  This should be fun.

Have a fun day.

Good morning!

Mary Jo, I hope the report is good and shot works.

Ratdog, I would love to see your costume too. 

Not much happening today. I was going to work on cleaning out some more cabinets.... but I got sucked into my sewing room. I'm working on my granddaughters' costumes. The little one will be here tomorrow so I need to get a mock up of the bolero for her to check the size and changes I need to make to the pattern. Need to check the cape length too. And of course there is laundry to do too. 

My big granddaughter is up and about so we are going to run to the grocery store for a few necessities. 

Have a great day!

Costume is almost complete. Ordered a wig that will be here on Friday. Sword is done and the clear coat sealant is drying I will post a picture when its complete. 

• Like 1

Oh can't wait to see the picture.

I have been watching the Boat parade for the Lightning.  They got on buses afterward and were going to the park where the stage was set up and BOOM, the sky opened up and it just started raining.  It was like a downpour.  Ok the rain has stopped and the team is at the park.

We are now getting the storm.  It really moves fast.

Alrighty, Ratdog, I can't wait to see it...! If you look on Pamela's Adoring Crochet, she has a tutorial for a Linc doll, so cute..

Hot Hot Hot here, worst of all HUMID... the kind that makes you want to wring out your clothes after you have been outside...

We have a situation here....... Chris just called me....... a YARN HOARDER.... I just looked at him and blinked... I was going to retaliate with tool hoarder but refrained....35 years of marriage...and he's just now noticing...??????🤣

• Haha 2

Good Luck on the ultrasound Lyn.

Ah lea, you should of said, "Thank you and Proud of it.":rofl

I just had the helper show up at 7:30.  She is not due till 11.  This is going to be a fun day.

Well, they had the boat parade for the Lightning yesterday.  Then they went to a park where they had a stage set up.  They had to cancel the second half, as the sky opened up and the rain, thunder and lightning came.  The parade was fun to watch.  It was a typical Summer afternoon on the west coast.

Have a fun day.

Good Morning,

Lea you should have told him you're the leader of the Yarnaholics Anonymous group.:lol

Lyn hope the ultrasound goes well.

Mary Jo visitors at 7:30 is a little too early for me these days.

The guys are here today and tomorrow to install our impact windows so I'm hoping the weather stays nice. I was going to work on costumes this morning but I needed to move my sewing machine table away from the window so sewing will have to wait. They might not even get to that window today since they started on the other side of the house but it's ready when they get there. I have to pick up my little granddaughter at 12:30 and take my mom for a dentist appointment at 2. I think I'll go play with some yarn. 

Have a great day everyone.

Good afternoon friends!  Ran some errands, including picking up tights for my costume. Im going to work on organizing craft/hobby supplies this afternoon. Then I can go purchase whatever bins/boxes I need later this week. I need to bring a few trash bags with me because there will be plenty of stuff to toss as I sort and  organize.

Checking in.  Still dealing with the teeth stuff.  Got busy and forgot to take my allergy medicine for a couple of days so paying for that with a touch of bronchitis which always seems worse to me when its hot.  Town hall meeting last week, resident council yesterday.  Went from mid April til this week with 0 reported covid cases but now there are 3.  One a visitor and 2 employees one of which works non patient contact in care center so now no visitors to care center while they test everyone, wait and retest until they get an all clear.  Have been expecting this as my state is near if not the #1 covid hotspot in the country.  

Yesterday caught up with a lady that lives here that I was friends with in college and hadnt seen since late 70's.  (Okay we saw the very first Star Wars movie together). Lost touch with each other.  Fast forward to a few years ago dh was talking about a lady that worked where he worked but not same unit but rode the the same bus.  Dont know what he said that made me put it together that I knew her.  

This morning was prayer shawl meeting and I had two to turn in.  One of our ladies is having a hard time remembering which Tues we meet.  For 10 years she was used to coming every Tues but the lady in charge recently changed it to once per month.  I see this lady quite a bit so I made sure she got there today and will help keep her on track.  Then met the bunch I used to work with  for lunch and one couple came by afterwards.  Needed an update on my kids---grown now.  I used to fill in babysitting  when grandma was busy.  The couple played soccer Fri nights and I would just spend the night with the kids.  Did a lot of fun things with grandma, kids, and couple. I took the kids to the zoo, watched swim meets and soccer games.   They call me Nanny Brenda because they have an Aunt Brenda.  They had fun with that----oh thats Nanny Brenda wow you have a nanny!  

• Like 1