granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

Good Morning.  

Schools closed here (summer school).  Cloudy, but they are talking about lots of rain.  The last update is that it is almost a hurricane again.  It is suppose to make landfall 2 counties above us.  Tomorrow is going to be the worst with wind and rain.  Got the chairs on the lani turned over, so we have done all we can do.

Tampa airport will close today at 5PM.  

Oh the fun of living in Florida.

Well, our team sucked last night and lost.  Now they come home and MAYBE play tomorrow, but I doubt it.  I sure hope they win the next one.

Oh well, off to get some more stuff ready for the storm and the boys come today to clean.

Have a fun day.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Yes, the yarn tossing was horrible.... Chris said he felt like he needed to go home and take all the sharp objects out of the house🤣

Okay, here is the solution... we all find a central location and move there so we can gather in a circle with craft of choice and  uplift each other during this getting old thing..... those of us that

Posted Images

Sometimes I swear teams deliberately throw a game to make the series longer. More $$$$ if they go to game 7! I know, cynical!

We should get tropical storm conditions all day tomorrow. Such fun! Orlando is far enough East that it should be spared. So, I know my boys will be safe. 

Heading to Joanns later for some craft supplies so I can hunker down for a few days and keep busy.

hi all glad to see you all safe and hopefully out of harms way lanother blasting hot an humid day on its way,   the neighbors ac went out yesterday,will be 3 to 5 days before a part comes in, so they are hot at their house ..  lol  

july,s 2 ghans going to post office tomorrow, and aaaaaaaugust, 2, well one is done lol  fourth was loud, smokey and hot, glad for the wild life that is over, must seem like Pearl Harbor to them this time of year   

so, hot and humid, rule of the day, I am going to play with some yarn now lol  

Posted (edited)

Lea: That is indeed the cake you described, minus the nuts. I've included the link for the recipe I use now. I lost my GM's recipe from when I was a kid and this one is pretty close. My dad didn't like nuts, so, being he was from Oklahoma, it became a Oklahoma Chocolate Sheet Cake. Funny part was my grandad was from Texas, so, they'd make a big deal out of the name, teasing each other. (BTW: I practically lick the pan clean after frosting the cake-LOL) Beware though, there's a total of 3 sticks of butter between the cake and the frosting!

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 2

Good Morning.

Lots of rain, no power outage here.  Lucky for us it dropped to a Tropical Storm.  We did not even get the high winds.

So back to somewhat normal.

All is well, but very wet, here.  No power outage so coffee maker was ready this morning.   

Hubbys office is closed for the day so he is home. Im working on a new cosplay outfit. Fabric is cheap bit the accessories (wig, boots, belt,) and new bodysuit to wear under it still need purchasing! 

It's not going to be as hot today as predicted- 104° instead of 105°! :rofl Unfortunately, my GD's poor dog can't get out for exercise with these temps since the concrete is too hot for her paws even in the morning.

I crocheted some more on the first little doily last night. TV was not very inviting so I turned on some old rerun documentaries and crocheted for a short time. After about an hour or so of that I finished reading my book instead.

I'm glad the hard part of the Florida "storm" is missing all of you. No rain in sight here though. I'd be glad if some of you sent part of your rains my way.

DD bought a Cricut machine and is designing personal names with crystals on insulated cups for Christmas gifts for the young, old and in between. Her first one is turning out great. Now, if I could just get her back into crochet!

Hope you enjoy the day no matter the weather wherever you may be. Stay safe.

ratdog.  is that cosplay costume you are making like the ones they showed on TV where they made amazing things with everything imaginable? I use to watch the show, cause it fascinated me the costumes they made with you name it.

The sun is out and drying us up.  Anyone getting the remnants of this storm be prepared for a lot of rain.

Good day and hope everyone has a good evening.

The Lightning is going to try and win the cup tonight. 

Hello,

Glad to hear Florida has survived Elsa. I hope everyone still in her path will be safe. The grandkids decided on Halloween costumes so I spent this morning going through patterns and making a list of fabrics the girls' costumes. The oldest is going to be Maid Marien from Disney's Robin Hood. The youngest is going to be Raya from Raya and the Last Dragon. My daughter is going to make the boys' costumes. Then I picked little granddaughter up from school and watched her in the pool for a couple of hours. Now I need to get dinner started. Hope you all have a very enjoyable evening.

On 7/6/2021 at 3:08 PM, ReniC said:

Lea: That is indeed the cake you described, minus the nuts. I've included the link for the recipe I use now. I lost my GM's recipe from when I was a kid and this one is pretty close. My dad didn't like nuts, so, being he was from Oklahoma, it became a Oklahoma Chocolate Sheet Cake. Funny part was my grandad was from Texas, so, they'd make a big deal out of the name, teasing each other. (BTW: I practically lick the pan clean after frosting the cake-LOL) Beware though, there's a total of 3 sticks of butter between the cake and the frosting!

That is EXACTLY it Reni! Its one of those cakes I could go into a sugar coma over!  That icing... to die for...I'll be laying there with the spatula in my hand and chocolate on my lips...😬

Waiting to see what Miss Elsa is going to do here, looks like we are right in the path, but so far 1-3 inches of rain and 40 mile and hour gusts.  I am determined to crochet freeze pop holders for the grands tomorrow, seems like a great cotton buster and mindless project .. Hoping that 250 year old oak tree stands its ground one more time...

I need to find a sport where my teams actually win although I do follow Tampa Bay cause I sure fan girl Tom Brady... baseball, basketball, hockey....if nothing else I'm loyal...

Batteries..check.... canned beef stew and propane burner...check... yarn...check...

• Haha 2

:jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyayWE WON :jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay We are now the Stanley Cup Champs for the second time in a row.  So all sports are done for me, unless the Rays get into the World Series.  What a game ended with 1-0 score.

Good Morning.

A little cloudy today, but suppose to clear up

Off to get my second shot today.  Sure hope it works.

Have a fun day.

Congratulations Mary Jo! I'm glad your team won!

Lea, death by chocolate, what a way to go :lol. It sounds like you have all the necessary storm supplies, stay safe.

My oldest granddaughter and I will be going fabric shopping this morning. I need to pick up some boxes some where too so I can finish cleaning out cabinets and then haul it all to Good Will or Salvation Army or some place.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Happy Birth Day Bailey4!

Congrats  MJ, when I saw that I thought if you could you would be dancing a jig.

Finished enough freeze pop holders yesterday to supply the grands and everybody else in the world.

Rain is coming down, Elsa is about an hour out right now...

2 cats on the recliner , asleep, the dog asleep at my feet, and dh  asleep in his recliner next to me.....Here is what I have done so far

1. Got dressed

2. made the bed

3. fed the animals

4 fed us

5. watched youtube videos...

sad accomplishments for 2;15 in the afternoon huh?

3 minutes ago, minwifeof4boys said:

2 cats on the recliner , asleep, the dog asleep at my feet, and dh  asleep in his recliner next to me.....Here is what I have done so far

1. Got dressed

2. made the bed

3. fed the animals

4 fed us

5. watched youtube videos...

sad accomplishments for 2;15 in the afternoon huh?

Depends---1: were they easy on clothes or struggle ons---tight jeans and shoes you have to bend over and tie(my dh does minimum of 6 wardrobe changes back and forth per day) 2: is it a big bed with top sheet pulled loose, bed spread slid off in floor, and lots of pillows 3: how many critters- food and water bowls to clean and are you having to go outside 4: eating is lots of work when factoring the prep and clean up 5: hey you are doing good to have worked in some you tube videos

• Haha 1

Back from the Dr. another shot, but it is still numb, so not sure if it is ok or not'

Tomorrow is MRI

Happy Birthday Chris.  Hope you have a great day.

Posted (edited)

Freeze pop holders! Is this something I should be making for my grt-grands? I saw on Amazon you can buy freeze pop bags to make your own.

Here's a game that any age can play! Notice they have their facemasks as blindfolds? 😅 Who'da thought? LOL And the water balloons could be crocheted!

I'm glad for you that your team won Mary Jo. You sounded so excited.

I'm having laptop issues so if I'm not around for a couple of days, it means it crashed. 🤪

Hope all are staying dry, safe and cool!

Edited by ReniC
2 hours ago, bgs said:

Depends---1: were they easy on clothes or struggle ons---tight jeans and shoes you have to bend over and tie(my dh does minimum of 6 wardrobe changes back and forth per day) 2: is it a big bed with top sheet pulled loose, bed spread slid off in floor, and lots of pillows 3: how many critters- food and water bowls to clean and are you having to go outside 4: eating is lots of work when factoring the prep and clean up 5: hey you are doing good to have worked in some you tube videos

Dress and  sun dress, didn't even throw on a over the shoulder boulder holder 😂...bed that required a quick pull on of comforter and threw on a decorative pillow for good measure, dog, indoor cats, chickens, outside strays that randomly show up , left over spaghetti from last night with a can of chili beans ( it was a poptop), thrown in with parmasean on top...  still raining, cats still on my lap, 2 dishcloths crocheted....

good morning

there were tornadoes all around us, trees down just outside our development

today the sun is shining, now its off the coast of LI

have a great day

Good to hear you are ok Pineknott.

Sun shinning here also with still a chance of showers.

Big Boat parade Monday for the Lightning.

Off to get the MRI this morning.

Have a fun day.

Hello,

Lea, sounds like yesterday was a good day, you did a lot. Glad the storm has passed you.

Lyn, I'm glad you're ok too, hopefully the tornadoes didn't cause too much damage.

Mary Jo, I hope the MRI report is good. 

Reni, I hope the laptop starts behaving. 

I was up early. Paid bills and went grocery shopping, I had to go to 2 stores to get some of the things my parents needed. Now I'm going to work on costumes with assistance from my granddaughter. 

Hope you all have a great day.