granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

Hey Reni would you like some company?  That meal tomorrow sounds delicious.

Ok, here is an oldie by goodie.  Montgomery Wards.  That with the Sears catalogue use to make the rounds in our house.  We were not allowed to look or even speak about the Sears Christmas catalogue till AFTER Thanksgiving.  The the tree went up (when we bought a fake one) and all the decorations.  Before the artificial ( I was allergic to real) we had a tree that kept every needle on it, till we dragged it outside to throw it away and it left all the needles on the floor in the house.  

So my team is up 3 games to 0 with one more (hopefully) to play, to win the Stanley Cup.  That will be Monday.  The team is in Montreal, but they can only go from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the rink.  They are still under almost lockdown.  They only allowed about 1800 fans inside, but outside was shoulder to shoulder fans.🤣  They love their hockey up there.

• Like 1

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Lea: That is indeed the cake you described, minus the nuts. I've included the link for the recipe I use now. I lost my GM's recipe from when I was a kid and this one is pretty close. My dad didn't lik

Catalogues: Anyone remember Spiegel's? My mom especially loved that one. She would order all of our school clothes from that one and Montgomery Wards. There was a huge Montgomery Wards store not too f

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Hey Reni would you like some company?  That meal tomorrow sounds delicious.

Ok, here is an oldie by goodie.  Montgomery Wards.  That with the Sears catalogue use to make the rounds in our house.  We were not allowed to look or even speak about the Sears Christmas catalogue till AFTER Thanksgiving.  The the tree went up (when we bought a fake one) and all the decorations.  Before the artificial ( I was allergic to real) we had a tree that kept every needle on it, till we dragged it outside to throw it away and it left all the needles on the floor in the house.  

So my team is up 3 games to 0 with one more (hopefully) to play, to win the Stanley Cup.  That will be Monday.  The team is in Montreal, but they can only go from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the rink.  They are still under almost lockdown.  They only allowed about 1800 fans inside, but outside was shoulder to shoulder fans.🤣  They love their hockey up there.

Mary Jo: Come on over! I'll have my SIL pick you up at the Vegas airport!!! Wow- 1 game to go!!! The Canadians really do love their hockey, but, so do you!

My brother and sister were younger than I so, they weren't interested in anything in the catalogues except toys. I was a fashionista even way back then, so clothes and shoes were my go to part of the wish-book. Not so much now. I hate shopping for clothes.

BTW: The baby quail finally found mom and dad (or vica versa), but I can only see 2 of the babies flitting around. 😥

Time to make a "Oklahoma Chocolate Sheet Cake" (Dad was from Okl city, so no nuts) for tomorrow. One piece for me tomorrow, half to the freezer, and the rest to go home with my DD tomorrow. Later Dudettes! 

• Like 1

Happy 4th of July! 

My granddaughter and I will be heading to my house today. I plan to cook hotdogs and hamburgers for us and my parents. I bought salads and baked beans from the supermarket deli yesterday. Maybe see what fireworks we can see from the house when it gets dark, we are such party people :lol. Still watching the storm but as of right now we are out its projected path. I'm hoping it continues to weaken and not cause a lot of damage. Prayers for safety for everyone in it's path.

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe day!

• Like 2

Happy 4th of July.

They are now saying that there is a good chance the storm will break up and we will only get rain from it.  Let's hope they are right.

Hope everyone has a fun day today.

July 2018 Table (2).JPG

July 2018 Table (3).jpg

• Like 1

Thank you, this is what the living room and dinning room use to look like.

Can't fix it right now.

Sun is out and no rain so far.

Mary Jo: Thank you for showing the photos to remind us how festive your house has always been. I'm sorry you couldn't keep it up this year and do hope you have set a few little things out by your crochet chair for cheering you up.

DD brought me some red, white and blue flowers yesterday. They're so cheerful.

Not much on the weather side. Some high cloud cover and 94° today, but supposed to be 105° by Tuesday. 🥵 It never used to get this hot here before. The weather everywhere has changed dramatically.

I hope everyone enjoys the 4th of July and stays safe! 

th2.jpg

• Like 1

Happy 4th!  We sat at home doing nothing this year, local fireworks were canceled because.... I dunno, I don't make the rules...

but I figured I should go to Reni's house because I love broccoli salad, didn't make it today cause dhd and I were too tired and mopey even to go to church.

Dh thought he was 40 again or something yesterday and helped our son Jeremy hang sheet rock 20 feet int eh air... so today he is fretting and applying icy hot and taking neproxen...

I had the job of helping my DIL keep the 4 littles out of the house while they were up on ladders... Got a free meal out of it! We took the kids out for Mexican food which Wyatt, our special needs grandson LOVES chips and salsa!

We are in the 5 day cone too for Elsa, tomorrow we will go through and get the generator ready, chain saw oiled up and make sure the lanterns have batteries, water jugs are all topped off...

So the last few weeks I have been suffering with body aches, sores in my mouth, digestive problems, fatigue... FINALLY I had a gastro that listened to me.... it was my reflux meds... I went off them last monday and have felt like a new woman except for the episodes of hyper acidity from coming off it.  This he said to drink ginger tea and take tums until the episode was over...so far so good.... he did suggest cute out dairy for 2 weeks and said the combo would help according to the food diary I kept....

Getting old is not for the faint of heart for sure... but I am thankful for some one who listened to me instead of giving me more meds to treat the symptoms...

I leave you with a picture of one of my lunch dates yesterday , goodness I feel bad she got her MiMis ears, good things girls can grow long hair..

So, 10 month old Princess Amelia

ami.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lea what a beautiful Princess.  She sure looks happy to be with MiMi.  You both radiate happiness.

Cloudy again today and watching storm.  It has shimmied to the west a little, with takes Miami and lower counties out of the cone.  We are still in it with chance of flooding and storm surge and such.  If it moves further to the west, we will be out.

So Hope everyone had a great 4th.

Have a fun day.

Good morning

Lea, you and your little princess look like you were having a good time. 

Mary Jo, it looks like Elsa is coming to visit you and then she'll be heading up the coast to visit more of our friends. Even though we are out of the cone now, we will be bringing in small things like the pool toys and small potted flowers. Then we'll just hunker down for a very rainy day tomorrow, unfortunately tomorrow I will have to go out to take my dad to the dentist and pick my granddaughter up from school. I can drive in the rain but other people get a little crazy on the roads when the weather is bad, they act like they've never driven in rain before.

Things were a little crazy here with the fireworks last night. After about 30 minutes of a lot of noise and some fireworks misfiring my granddaughter decided she'd had enough and we came inside. 

Today's plans are to warp the loom, my granddaughter is going to help. Maybe some laundry. And that's about it.

I hope you all have a great day.

Well, here I am complaining about the 105° weather tomorrow and all my Crochetville friends on the Eastern and Southern part of the map have to put up with worries of a hurricane/tropical storm. Please forgive me. When we have had micro-bursts, the only thing that saved my house from flooding was the 6 foot stucco fence around our house and living on the side of a mountain.

Dinner yesterday was great! DD even made a Raspberry Poke Cake and I made the Oklahoma Chocolate Sheet Cake. Most of it is going in the freezer. Lots of leftovers for lunch and dinner. I didn't watch fireworks for the first time ever but, neighbors thought it would be cute to have their own festivities with loud fireworks of their own to rouse up and scare the neighborhoods pets.

Lea: That little girl is adorable. I love the twinkle in her eyes and she sure makes you light up. Oh, and I saved you some broccoli salad! LOL On second thought, maybe that wouldn't be so good for your GERD though. I've suffered from it for almost 30 years and after many tests, too many prescriptions and the loss of my gall bladder, I finally found a remedy a few years ago- Don't Eat! LOL! Just kidding. I'm sure glad for you that you found a solution though.

That's it. I'm blabbing too much again. Hope all had a Great celebration even if you didn't do anything.

• Like 1

just went and asked hubby about the morning glory vine, my take is its an invasive,and chokes the life out of other plants.

Drat, he seems to be taken with it much as his mother was, sigh,I just about had it all cleared out and here comes a new batch with a rescuer, double drat,lol

6 minutes ago, pineknott said:

just went and asked hubby about the morning glory vine, my take is its an invasive,and chokes the life out of other plants.

Drat, he seems to be taken with it much as his mother was, sigh,I just about had it all cleared out and here comes a new batch with a rescuer, double drat,lol

Tell DH the seeds are poisonous and hallucinogenic (they really are) and be sure to wiggle your eyebrows at the same time. Of course, with a big smile on your face! 😂 

Actually, they really are considered a invasive weed, even as pretty as they can be.

Morning glories are pretty, but they do take over a garden.  Took me a long time to get rid of something like them.  We have a plant like them, that just chokes and kills anything it latches on to.

Well, they are still taking just a tropical storm, as it is going over the mountains in Cuba.  We are still in the cone, unless it jogs more to the west.

Well, tonight could be the night.  The Lightning is playing the Canadians and if they win tonight, they come home with the cup.  If not they will come home, both teams and land in the middle of a tropical storm on it's way.  Oh fun.

Well, off to my corner.

Have fun.

Now Reni is that sheet cake like the one they claim in Texas with butter, confectioners sugar... the chocolate is so moist and the frosting you can eat until you are sick?  If so, my favorite.

Went to lunch with MIL today , made the mistake of eating a personal pizza with cheese, I'll be darn if that doesn't trigger a multitude of things on the inners, took a nap and felt better.

Hot and muggy here today. Our son invited us to the beach next Monday and Tuesday, waiting to see what Elsa does before we commit. We have to hire a dog sitter and thats 50 a day...

Need to get down to see my youngest this week as he turns 30, they have so many friends and are so busy I always almost feel like I am an after thought....oh well, each child is different. He owns a crossfit gym, and lets face it, I'm not a poster child for box jumps and burpees...LOL...

You FL folks check the batteries in the flashlights, make sure you have a manuel can opener, and enough wine to face whatever comes your way...

All batteries are within reach along with flashlights and camping lamps.  We keep getting updates on the phone and the computer.  Last they said something about it jogging a little to the west.  

Keeping everyone in the cone in my thoughts.

Plenty of food and water.  Going to turn the ice maker on to make sure we have plenty of ice.

Showed people getting their sand bags, those who live closer to the water.

Right now we have the hockey game to take our minds off the storms.

Enjoy your night.

good morning

will be all mixed up this week,its Tuesday,all things are getting back to pre pandemic norm at Rene's church, she is looking forward to in person prayer breakfast

Good Morning

Gray skies here and we're suppose to get rain throughout the day. Prayers for everyone in the storm's path. Only plans for today are picking my granddaughter up from school and taking my dad to the dentist and drying to stay dry. 

I hope you all have a good day.