Edited by ReniC
posted 2x after edit

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Yes, the yarn tossing was horrible.... Chris said he felt like he needed to go home and take all the sharp objects out of the house🤣

Still on a cross stitch kick. I couldnt bring my large project to Orlando so I started a smaller , more portable , project. Hamtaro is a childhood favorite of my kids. So I made this for my younger so

Posted Images

Happy and Blessed Sunday everyone!

Still hot here- 102° today. Wow! What will it be in our hottest month of August? Amazing.

No crochet last night again. Too uncomfortable in the shoulder rotator cuff. I find that if I lay off for a few days it always feels better. Getting old really is for the brave.

I finished my Agatha Christie book last night- it was so good. I always liked the way she jumped around with inferences and little clues from Hercule Poirot who the murderer was. My favorite series of Poirot was with David Suchet. I'd love to binge watch that series again.

I'm looking forward to DD cooking Cordon Bleu for dinner today. Not sure what the sides will be. I haven't had it for ages. I'm so blessed to have such a caring and giving daughter.

I hope all have a wonderful Sunday- Heat, rain and all.

Good afternoon 

We didn’t have ac until we moved to Florida when I was a teenager. I’ll admit I’m spoiled and like my ac,

I took Dad for a Covid test this morning, he’s not sick but the doctor requires it before the colonoscopy on Wednesday.

A quick stop at the post office and dropped Dad at home. Then I went to Hobby Lobby, I finished the main part of the Afghan last night but only had a couple yards of yarn left which was not enough for the hood. Stopped at the grocery store for a few things and home. The grandkids want to go swimming but it’s raining and was thundering earlier. Hopefully the weather will clear up sometime today.

Have a good day!

• Like 1

Do stuck pigs really sweat?  Any how, that is the expression my Grammy used when she was cooking , at her house I would always go play in the cellar, much cooler ...

Nothing planned for today or tomorrow, will just maybe tackle my closet in the craft room, crocheting the toys for the migrant children.

I had made a pocket shawl for my aunt to use at her infusions, she has RA and they are given every 3 weeks. She said the rooms are cold so this way she has something around her shoulders and pockets for her book and cell phone. She said a couple other ladies doing chemo commented on how nice hers was, I figured I might make some and let her figure out who to give them too..

Off to drink yet another glass of lemonade, ..

Well here ya' go Lea: "The expression "sweating like a pig" has nothing to do with the farm animal since they don't really sweat. It refers to pig iron . When smelting the iron, blacksmiths would use molds that looked like piglets suckling their mother, which is where it got its name."

I too always heard the term as a kid (amongst other sayings).

Not much going on here either. Just the weather- HOT! and laundry.

Shoulder feels better and  tried getting that border finished on the afghan. It just isn't working for me though. Maybe I'll just do a Moss st border and call it good.

Enjoy the day. I'm sure going to try to.

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, ReniC said:

Well here ya' go Lea: "The expression "sweating like a pig" has nothing to do with the farm animal since they don't really sweat. It refers to pig iron . When smelting the iron, blacksmiths would use molds that looked like piglets suckling their mother, which is where it got its name."

I

Well there you go! Learn something new every day! I imagine those blacksmiths sure sweat too!!

• Haha 1

This place is fascinating.  I am always learning here.  Even if it does not have anything to do with crocheting.

I have heard the expression all the time.

So we are watching the clouds roll in and waiting for the afternoon storm

Tonight the Lightning play the Canadian's.  First game in the best of 7.  The first 2 here and the next 2 in Montreal.  It is going to be a fascinating series.

Have fun.

good morning

the words are sunshine and heat, need to sprinkle hot sauce around pots, the squirrels are digging my flowers up grrrrrrrrrrr

Good morning

It's thundering here but no rain yet. 

Reni, I'm glad your shoulder is feeling better. Thanks for the background on that saying, I've heard it before but never knew where it came from.

As of right now I don't need to go any place today. So I am going to do some laundry and put together the dinosaur blanket. Hopefully the weather will clear so my grandson can go swimming later, he really misses not having a pool at home any more. 

That's about it for my corner of the world. Hope you all have a great day.

Good Morning.  

I never thought about hot sauce.  I wonder if that works for rabbits also.  Anyway, no flowers to worry about anymore here, but I do miss them.

Bright and sunny today with a chance of storms later.

Well, we had plenty of Lightning last night.  What a game.  We won 5-1 and hate to say it, but some blood was spilled last night.  Other than that.  It was a great game.  Our team really showed up.  1 down and 3 to go.  What I loved was the fans.  The place was filled inside and outside the arena it was also packed.  It was fun for all.

Have a fun day everyone.

cshort: Nice work! I love your idea on the dinosaur's back much better than the others I've seen. I think it would be so much more comfortable laying around in. 

• Thanks 1
On 6/28/2021 at 2:08 PM, minwifeof4boys said:

Do stuck pigs really sweat?  

That is funny!. I seen many pigs on my grandmothers farm and I never seen any of them sweat LOL 

They LOVE to take mod baths when they can find some mod. That is why many of them looking very dirty :).

Some of them are very smart.

Krys

• Like 1

Just stopping in to say hello, which I don't do very often.  Another terribly hot day is predicted here in St. Louis.  I've been working on a lapghan using the colors red and black.  Also a scarf called the "Internal Chaos" scarf.  Very fun.  Uses triple crochet stitch.  

Hope everyone is staying cool. 

good morning everyone

another beautiful day, hot but still you don't have to shovel it as one friend from Michigan reminds us,enjoy the day as you choose, super crafty day, or toss and bless someone else with items you no longer need, we've been doing alot of the latter recently

Good Morning.  Second time up this morning.  Up at 3, finally got back to sleep and back up at 8.

Sun is shinning, but it won't last long.  We are suppose to have storms again this afternoon.  Sorry to say, they will still be around during the game, so I guess no one will be outside watching tonight.

It is hump day and almost July.  Boy this year is flying by.

Have a fun day.

Reni love the blanket.  I can now see him roaring like a dino to scare everyone.

Great work.

Hugs to all and have a great day.

Thank you for all the compliments on the afghan.

We've had storms and rain all day. I had to drive in it twice today and still have to go out one more time later this afternoon. I took my dad for a colonoscopy this morning, I don't understand the hospital system here. Last week I took him to the west location to the imaging services, they had their valet parking going and allowed me to wait for dad. Today we went to the east location outpatient services, no valet and they wouldn't let me wait there. I'm picking up my niece from daycare later because my brother had to go to the north end of the state today and won't be back before the daycare closes. 

Lyn, I have a toss and bless pile, I've been adding to it a little each day since school has been out. I needed to do some deep cleaning but I'm doing it a little each day and it doesn't seem as overwhelming. 

I hope you all enjoy your day!

Hmmmm... Now I'm wondering after the mention of hot sauce to deter animals in the yard. Something chewed on one of the heads on my drip system last week and water was shooting up in the air for who knew how long. My SIL came from work and fixed it for me. That should put a big charge on my water bill. Maybe I'll put cayenne pepper around each drip head. Do you think that would work?

What is it with all the Spam on here now? I reported one a few days ago but it's still on there.

I just need to weave in ends for the DD's house warming gift blanket. Then off it goes to northern Calif.- when I can get to the post office anyway. I've no clue what to make next.

Clouds are moving in again but no real threat of rain. It's going to be 94° today. What a difference 10 degrees makes. It's still too hot to sit on the patio though. Indoor plants are all watered and the refrigerator is clean. What to do next? Enjoy the day.

Edited by ReniC

I heard that if you use red hot peppers, like you use on pasta, it works.  

I have found here that if someone comes with you, especially the Dr., they have to come into the room with you, or wait outside.  

Storms are moving in.  We are in the summer winter pattern.  Beautiful in the morning, storms in the afternoon.  They are telling the people going to the watch party at the arena, to check the weather first.  Hope it clears out of here in time.

Well, off to shut down, I see lightning and I hear thunder.:rofl