granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

This was Halloween at JC Wyatt house in St Joseph MO.  People made reservations tonight for next year.

Yes, the yarn tossing was horrible.... Chris said he felt like he needed to go home and take all the sharp objects out of the house🤣

Posted Images

Owlvamp I could be wrong, but that looks almost like the stuff (not hemp) that you use for macramé.  it is a bulky yarn.

Good evening everyone.  I have been busy today and we have had thunder storms run through the area.  My pool is full, my lawn is green, it is great.  Come August, the grass will be dry and I will be filling up the pool.

Getting ready to sit down and chew my nails, as today is the last game with the NY Islanders.  If we win (the Lightning) we play Canada for the Stanley Cup.  If we lose they go and I will be cheering for Canada.

Have a great night.

1 hour ago, owlvamp said:

Good evening!

It's been raining here.  I wanted to  mow grass but that didn't happen.

Does anyone know what yarn this is or where I can find the pattern?

IMG_7752.jpg

Macrame cord

Reni glad your gd is feeling better.  Thats the other good thing about living close to family---sometimes you can help them. I have been reading and seeing the photos about the water shortage out west---really looks dire.  

Mary Jo hope your team wins.  

Storming off and on here---last night, today, and tonight. Lots of lightening and house shaking thunder.  

good morning,Happy Saturday

dry right now,storms later in the day,was up before 6,felt rested so just got up

enjoy your day,

Bill wanted to mow yesterday also, but had to put it off till today, has to be early, because storms come back later in the day

Reni, so glad you GD is doing better.  A cold now a days is scary.

WE DID IT!  We beat the NY Islanders and Monday we play the Montreal Canadians for the Stanley Cup.  What a game. Three periods, 20 minutes each and the score turned out to be 1 to nothing.

So have a good day everyone.  Storms should be moving in soon.  Shutting down.

Good morning. Been dodging raindrops all week! Thats June in Florida!

Saw on my mail delivery email that my stickers from Redbubble are arriving today! Hooray!  That makes me very happy.  

Nothing planned this weekend. Hubby and I are very boring people.

Kept waiting for the sun today, doesn't look like its going to happen.

I decided I am going shopping for a new recliner, mine is on it last leg ( as are most of us...LOL)...

Going to work up some stuffies for the migrant children today, probably the itty bitty kitties if I can find the pattern somewhere, I know I have it...

4 minutes ago, minwifeof4boys said:

I decided I am going shopping for a new recliner, mine is on it last leg ( as are most of us...LOL)...

Funny you brought up that it is on it's last leg.

I am finding it annoying that when I go and look to see what I can get done with the shower, I have to contact them for a quote.  I just want to see what is offered, like colors and stuff.

Hey Lyn, they played a good game, but things went our way.  The hardest is that we also knocked them out last year.  So bring on the Canadians.

Sun is out, but for how long?  Yeah we are into the June weather pattern so rain in the morning or afternoon.  Great for the yard.

Lea: Did you find the pattern for the Itty Bitty Kitties?

Mary Jo: Glad your team won. DH and I used to bet $1 on football games. Most wins for the season had to take the other out for dinner.

It's like looking online for info on something, then all of a sudden I get bombarded with ads on my cell phone.

No rain today- dang it! It's 101° out right now at 1:30pm. I'm not liking this heat at all and my roses need dead heading. Guess I'll just stay in and read some more. I'm currently reading "The Mysterious Affair At Styles" by Agatha Christie. Great read! One that I missed as a teen. Love that Poirot.

Enjoy the day!

Edited by ReniC

Happy Sunday everyone.

Right now the sun is up and shinning, later today the rain will come in.  

Quite day today.  Everyone have a great one and try to keep cool.

Happy and Blessed Sunday everyone!

Still hot here- 102° today. Wow! What will it be in our hottest month of August? Amazing.

No crochet last night again. Too uncomfortable in the shoulder rotator cuff. I find that if I lay off for a few days it always feels better. Getting old really is for the brave.

I finished my Agatha Christie book last night- it was so good. I always liked the way she jumped around with inferences and little clues from Hercule Poirot who the murderer was. My favorite series of Poirot was with David Suchet. I'd love to binge watch that series again.

I'm looking forward to DD cooking Cordon Bleu for dinner today. Not sure what the sides will be. I haven't had it for ages. I'm so blessed to have such a caring and giving daughter.

I hope all have a wonderful Sunday- Heat, rain and all.

Edited by ReniC

my daughter prefers to bake, rather than cook

she is one that precise measures,I'm a shake till it seems right, I cook and bake the same way, she shakes her head, the cookies I guesstimate taste better then her exact measure ones

Lyn, I would be in between you and your daughter. I use measuring tools to approximate measure but it's never precise. Both of my daughters can out cook and out bake me. 

Reni, I hope your shoulder is feeling better.

Mary Jo, we've had sun all day in the south east part of the state. I sat outside in the shade and crocheted for 3 hours while my grandson was swimming, there was a nice little breeze too. 

It's been a quiet day here and hopefully will continue to be a quiet evening too.

I hope you all have an enjoyable evening.

exactly Carol, I use the cups and such but don't level off precisely like Rene' does

no one ever gave me instruction how to cook but I grew up watching Italians cook

Thanks Reni, I did  I have already crocheted 5 of them, will deliver them on Saturday so that will be this weeks project.

Went to church and then took the inlaws out to lunch today afterwards. We ate at Carabbas and I have had indigestion since ..

Nothing planned for tomorrow except the bank and maybe the Dollar Tree.

Its been hot here, muggy in the 90s, how did we grow up with out AC????

Lea imagine no AC, hot and humid and lots, and lots of layers of cloths.  Take yourself back into the 1800's or earlier.  Now add in all kinds of bugs and such.  Thank you very much, glad I live now.

As kids we grew up with fans in the windows.  I got AC in the window, cause of allergies.  Dog slept in my room.  He was not stupid.

Another week and the 4th is coming up soon.  This year is really moving along.

I must find something to catch my eye and crochet mojo.  I can only watch so much TV and read so many books.

I watch Age of Adaline and Downtown Abbey this morning.  I am re-reading books, as I can't seem to find anything new that is any good.

Oh well, off to see what is going on in the world.

Have a fun day today.

16 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Lea imagine no AC, hot and humid and lots, and lots of layers of cloths.  Take yourself back into the 1800's or earlier.  Now add in all kinds of bugs and such.  Thank you very much, glad I live now.

As kids we grew up with fans in the windows.  I got AC in the window, cause of allergies.  Dog slept in my room.  He was not stupid.

Another week and the 4th is coming up soon.  This year is really moving along.

I must find something to catch my eye and crochet mojo.  I can only watch so much TV and read so many books.

I watch Age of Adaline and Downtown Abbey this morning.  I am re-reading books, as I can't seem to find anything new that is any good.

Oh well, off to see what is going on in the world.

Have a fun day today.

And cooking on wood stoves.    I am thankful for electricity and indoor plumbing.

• Haha 1