granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I'll be doubled dipped! Looks like the topic was blocked somehow. Go figure. My Dr. appointment went well yesterday about my bloodwork. The doc and I were pleased with my results. However,

I took the name Bernadette for my confirmation name

Weatherman was bold and forecasted 100% chance of rain today so another cloudy damp day here.  He also had the audacity to say our chances for rain this coming week were greater than it was for this p

Posted Images

Love the dress.   Yes, it will be perfect.

How about drinking from the hose and laughing at people who bought their water.  Deli's with sawdust on the floor.  soda fountains where you could get any flavor coke. (don't drink coke now).  Penny candy and what an array, you can't find anymore.  Brach's coconut candy stripes (chocolate, coconut and strawberry) candy dots on paper.   

My mouth is watering over the dill pickles in a barrel or jar.  

There are some good things they don't have anymore, that is a shame.

good morning

we had a penny candy store a block away from where we lived,I remember picking tootsie roll and maryjanes as some of my pieces,and rootbeer barrels.

the drink back then that I remember was Yoohoo, at the soda fountain I remember Vanilla or chocolate Egg Creme

Ratdog,that dress is lovely I did a double take when I saw your photo,you could be my childhood friend Wendi Ricciardi double,

Lea, thanks for the mention of the books you have read, looked them up,they both sound interesting

Y'all have the best day you possibly can. hugs and squishes to ya

Love the root beer barrels.  Bon Ami Turkish Taffies.  Gooden Burgs Chocolate covered.

Now I am hungry.

On 5/4/2021 at 10:50 PM, bgs said:

Glad your folks are on the mend.  How many days til school is out? 

Thanks Brenda. 23 school days not including weekends and I am looking forward to summer more than I ever have before.

Hello,

Ratdog the dress looks great on you.

Nothing happening here today which is actually a good thing these days. Just work and a stop at the store, now I'm home and ready to relax.

I hope you all have a wonderful evening.

good morning

took the crocheted blanket off the bed .  one day too soon.this morning is only 40,and kept waking up in the night,finally just got up at 6 :15

Just seen the 10 day weather forecast,roller coaster weather for sure,up and down 50's to mid 80's every other day,

enjoy the day, everyone🙏

Good Morning.  Hey Lyn, I was also up at 6 this morning.  Must be something in the air.

Therapy again today.

I am starting to feel like crocheting again, hopefully I will be able to get thru the doorway of the craft room to get some thread.

The sun is out and not a cloud in the sky.  We sure could use some rain.

Have a fun day today.

Good morning friends! Laundry first thing today. Then pack a bag for a weekend in Orlando to see my boys!  Havent all been together since Christmas Day. 

Posted (edited)

good to hear from our Fl. gals

Tampa Doll, will try and redirect the rain down your way

Ratdog, enjoy your time away,visiting with your sons

traveling up the coast, next stop,NC good morning to our two gals there, Owlvamp and Minwifeof4boys, hope your day is treating you kindly

Edited by pineknott
if I could spell, I'd be dangerous
2 hours ago, ratdog said:

Good morning friends! Laundry first thing today. Then pack a bag for a weekend in Orlando to see my boys!  Havent all been together since Christmas Day. 

Also doing laundry here.  Takes awhile with this little washer.  That dress looked like it was made especially for you.  Nice getting to be together.

Mary Jo glad to hear you are starting to feel like crocheting.

Lyn we have been waffling between cold and hot.  Temps havent been swinging to extremes.  The difference has been between days with no wind and days with a blustery north wind.  We are really noticing pots of flowers being sold this year arent looking and doing very well except maybe for pansies.  We think it got too cold on them in transit.

I think by us too,the flowers were being put out when we were hit with a really low dip ( 30's ) in temps, but you know who put the plants out anyway,I have yet to get out to see what they have

28 minutes ago, pineknott said:

I think by us too,the flowers were being put out when we were hit with a really low dip ( 30's ) in temps, but you know who put the plants out anyway,I have yet to get out to see what they have

Dh obsesses over the weather, listens to reports on multiple stations, checks the app on his phone, checks in with NWS and then finally the thermometer on the patio we bought specially for him.  He wears himself out carrying our trees and plants in and out. Guess its good he has something to keep him occupied.

that's good that he'll shlep them in and out,here once they are out they are out for the season,if they are in , they don't go back out because of a heat wave,Bill obsesses with the weather too, but his is so he get his walk in at 5 a.m.without getting soak n wet or soaking wet

Well, by the middle of next week, we should be in the 90's with humidity.

I still can not get use to the fact that down here, the seasons are switched.  You take the plants in, in the summer and take them out in the winter.  Same with planting.  The heat and humidity has a lot to do with it.

2 hours ago, pineknott said:

that's good that he'll shlep them in and out,here once they are out they are out for the season,if they are in , they don't go back out because of a heat wave,Bill obsesses with the weather too, but his is so he get his walk in at 5 a.m.without getting soak n wet or soaking wet

The people at bonsai died laughing the year he carried the two tropicals back in a night or two in Aug.  Cutoff for tropicals is 60° We have two.  We have several semitropicals and their cutoff is 50°.  It was 90° during the day and possibly going to drop to 58° for an hour or two.

3 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Well, by the middle of next week, we should be in the 90's with humidity.

I still can not get use to the fact that down here, the seasons are switched.  You take the plants in, in the summer and take them out in the winter.  Same with planting.  The heat and humidity has a lot to do with it.

We have plants that would love your heat and humidity.  They are native to Puerto Rico.  Problem with bonsai people is they want trees from every where in the world except their native stuff.  In Puerto Rico if you want to do junipers from my area you need to refrigerate them for a few months.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, bgs said:

We have plants that would love your heat and humidity.  They are native to Puerto Rico.  Problem with bonsai people is they want trees from every where in the world except their native stuff.  In Puerto Rico if you want to do junipers from my area you need to refrigerate them for a few months.

I would give my right arm to be able to have Lilac bushes down here, but alas, we can not, unless you want to put ice on them in the winter.  

Up at 6 again watching "The Brother's Grimm"  with Mat Damion and Heath Ledger.  

Well, off to see what the world has to offer.

good morning ladies

we are out the door shortly to get my special order shoes from SAS, these are made especially for people that have severe ankle swelling they are expandable, hope they are good for the cost we paid, but all orthpedic/diabetic shoes do not come cheaply, the dr has me listed as pre diabetic,medicare does not recognize pre diabetic for their diabetic shoes, so its out of our pocket.

Wow, Bgs now that is dedication for a plant hobbiest,I lost two beautiful double red hibiscus, due to not getting it in on time, one I had for 12 yrs, it was a half dead withered plant at Lowes for 50% off, .I nursed it back to health.

I know I was so shocked when we came here in '85 , the humidity was killer,especially after coming from a state that didn't have humidity. Also the shock that pansies would grow in winter,okay they do lay flat after a snow and temperature dip, but they come back stronger than ever. When my sil was in New Smyrna, she had lovely geraniums.

The shout out this morning is to MS where our member Greyhoundgrandma is, always good to see you when you stop by.

have a great day everyone