granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Lea: That is indeed the cake you described, minus the nuts. I've included the link for the recipe I use now. I lost my GM's recipe from when I was a kid and this one is pretty close. My dad didn't lik

Catalogues: Anyone remember Spiegel's? My mom especially loved that one. She would order all of our school clothes from that one and Montgomery Wards. There was a huge Montgomery Wards store not too f

Posted Images

Good morning friends! 

Blood work this morning in prep for annual exams next week, fun!

Dreary drizzly overcast day. Oh well. Working on a project (not yarn) and meeting a friend for lunch today. 

bubble wrapped, too funny sandra!!! how are you now MJ??

busy day today, putting new window in my craft room  nothing can quite describe how hammering/ and or  sawing, shatter  my morning peace and quiet   coffee  time lol  but we all make sacrifices right!!! lol  

hope all your fathers out there, had a good day, we did, ate and then binged on Indiana Jones trilogy lol  daughter is giving us another new tv even bigger, and it has surround sound system too, i told her, we are getting much too tekki!!!  lol  but ok!!  she says, no, just modernized lol    here is Maxie ay his brushing /treats in that order, post this am  patiently awaiting his brush lol  he is a big boy, his ancestry stems back to th Scottish Highland cat , and he has the build of one too  lol  he rules here, we are simply his humans   lol  

DSC00396.JPG

• Like 1

Hello. Busy day here. I have my grandson visiting with me. My little granddaughter is attending the summer school program that our district is offering to help get or keep students on track after this crazy school year. So I had to pick her up today, the first day of school. I arrived at the school 15 minutes before dismissal time because my son-in-law called and said drop off was crazy in the morning and I should go early. I was in the pick up line for 1 hour and 30 minutes. After we got home we went swimming and played with legos until dinner time. Now it's time to relax and watch a movie, if I can stay awake.

Have a good evening everyone.

Good Luck on the MRI results Lyn.

Just woke up from a nap.  Couldn't get one this morning, as the cleaners were hear.

Quite afternoon.

When we got the roof done i wish i would of kept the old. I was living on a miracle ,but 2 days of heck the old roof would of done. The new one is beautiful, but if i had known i had to go through crap for 2 days I don’t think i would of done it. 

Hello

Lyn, I hope you got some good news from the MRI.

Mary Jo, I almost took a nap sitting by the pool while my grandson was swimming, I think I woke up too early this morning.

Sandra, we are having a new roof put on as soon as the roofers can get here, we already have a contract, just waiting for permits and supplies.  I know the noise is awful, we replaced the roof 21 years ago and we've had some leaks recently so it's time again. I'm sure I won't enjoy the noise but I will enjoy not having to worry about more leaks every time it rains.

I spent close to 3 hours this morning at the hospital with my dad, he needed some scans/tests done. Then I came home, had lunch and sat by the pool and crocheted for a couple of hours while my grandson was swimming. I think he really misses not having a pool at their new house. 

I hope you all have a wonderful evening.

Good Morning.  Up before the sun today.

Carol, it is so easy to fall asleep, especially in the sun.

New roofs are noisy, but it is worth the noise.

Off to check out the world.

Have a fun day.

Well Lyn, whats the word?

Can you believe today is the first day I feel rested up from last week, not sure if it was the rain or what but my whole body ached yesterday... I had a good nights rest and feel better today...

Off to try and clean so it looks like I have been doing something besides eating bon bons and crochet all day.

A little on edge if you google WRAL sheriff granville co nc you can read where there were more charges against him.  He is a spiteful good ole boy and I hope we don't even cross his mind...I wish he and Chad were in jail already

good morning

still trying to process it all

1) torn miniscus

2 ) osteoarthritis in knee cap

he is going to start with 5 wks of gel shots to knee,but that doesn't start till Aug. 20th

I can call in if I need it sooner

Good morning

Lyn, I'm sorry to hear that you will have to go through the shots but I hope you get some relief.

I was up early and helped my dad with some emails he needed to take care of, made some phone calls, paid some bills. Now I'm looking through my pattern books for dresser scarves using thread. My grandson is doing his hour of reading while it's quiet. My little granddaughter will be here this afternoon.

Hope you all have a great day.

27 minutes ago, pineknott said:

good morning

still trying to process it all

1) torn miniscus

2 ) osteoarthritis in knee cap

he is going to start with 5 wks of gel shots to knee,but that doesn't start till Aug. 20th

I can call in if I need it sooner

Ow with the torn meniscus.  I had that in the left knee.

You are getting the 5 gel shots?  That should help quite a bit.  My next shot is the 8th of July.  There are suppose to be one after the other, but impossible at this office.  So I will wait.

Hope you feel better soon.  It seems to be crazy with the Dr.'s and appointments.

Storm just rolled through.  High winds, lots of rain.  When you look at the radar, it was only in our county.  Hey fun weather in Florida. 

Lea yes I can believe it took this long for you to get rested up.  That was one heck of a week.  Hopefully they will get jail time.

Lyn hoping the shots work.

Mary Jo can you tell if your first one is helping.

The right side of my face is numb all the way to my ear as I just got back from getting my permanent crown and prepped for the next one.  

Yesterday went with sis to look at another place.  It was one of the places we seriously considered.  She has lots of emotional/mental hurdles to work thru.  She has lots of space in her house and a large yard.  The units they show her in price range she feels she can afford are pretty small. I understand.  We had 5 acres and a large outbuilding, attic, and a couple of smaller buildings for storage.  

Brenda, no I do not feel any difference in the knee.  I am hoping by the 3rd there will be a difference.  Plus with the MRI they will see other problems to explain the pain.

It is so difficult to move. First move for us was a front to back split on 1/4 acre, mostly in the back.  Second move was a small 2 bedroom home with a loft, attached to the neighbor's house.  It was easier, except for the distance, the house is bigger, but still not much land.  Next will be another small.

The difficult part is letting go of the memories in the old home. It is difficult, but you have to remember you take the good memories and times with you.

One question.  Will she be living there alone and is it far from her kids?

Hello

It's been a bit of a lazy day here, it’s the weather’s fault. Stormy mornings make it hard to get moving and we didn’t need to go any place this morning so we just lounged around watching tv and I worked on an afghan. When the rain quit my dad and I went to drop of the pool vacuum for repair. Then sat by the pool for an hour watching my grandson swim. Went back to pick up the vacuum and now I’m being lazy again. I’ll have to cook dinner sometime this evening but that’s about it for today.

I hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Hi Everyone- We got some much needed rain yesterday which was a great surprise. Plus. 30 degrees cooler. It's back up to 90° again but, more rain this afternoon- hopefully.

My GD was very sick with a new flu bug that has hit this area. It effects the stomach and a horrific cold. It scared us since Covid is expected to start changing and come into effect again. She's doing much better now. Then her truck pooped out on her yesterday. She thinks it's the starter. She's not having a good week and wants to go back to work by next Monday.

I'm still working on the white blanket. I'm at the last round of the border and cannot find a stitch I'm happy with. It will come to me though- always does eventually.

Brenda- I am so feeling for your sis on the move. We sold our big, beautiful home we lived in for 26 years and moved to a house half the size, and in town. It's a lovely house, but, took a lot of getting used to, especially from rural to city. We took all our memories with us and made the best of it. Having my family close (3 blocks away) has helped immensely. I pray for peace for your sister on this major change.

Hope all al doing well and enjoying the summer season.

Reni I remember your move.  I know it was hard but  I was glad you were  close to family when you lost your husband. Sis has been at that house 35 years and in that area even longer since we grew up in the house her daughter has.  Unfortunately anywhere sis might move to puts her farther away from her daughter.   Right now she is two streets over.  She has a lot of research, decisions and soul searching to do.  I was able to help her come up with a comprehensive check list when researching/visiting places so its much easier to compare.  I also  told her about places we researched.  We started looking around many years ago.

Stormed and rained this morning.  Got my permanent crown yesterday and another crown prep.  Went back twice today as permanent crown had high spots and then noticed it was rough on the side.  Glad they are just basically up the street.  Made brownies for our bonsai master Sat and brownies and pasta salad for church fellowship Sun.  

Edited by bgs

Good morning

its still quiet here and I’m enjoying my coffee.

have a great day everyone 

Brenda: Where ever your sister decides to move to, I do hope and pray she will be happy.

And I hope the crown is working for you now. I dislike dentists with a passion. I never met one that didn't cause pain. Oh brownies! Love them. I even found a great recipe for "Brownie In A Mug". Whenever I get a hankering for something chocolatey, it's perfect "for one". 

It rained here a little again yesterday and big clouds are moving in again today. According to the weather, Grand Canyon West (just up the road) is getting a bit more there. I guess the Monsoons have officially arrived for a change. And it's about time. A 22 year drought has played a huge toll on the desert communities and waterways. Whenever I see photos of Lake Mead I cringe at how low the water is.

No crocheting last night. I had to take my GD to the ER. She's okay though. Her "bug" got the better of her and she was dehydrated. We got back home about 10pm and she's resting better today.

Hope all are enjoying your day!