granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

Yuck.  Its hot already and heading to 102°.  One of my friends called last night to see if we wanted to do lunch today but we already had things going on.  Sis and I have an appointment to look at a place today.  She was planning on moving last year before she got sick.  Helped her make a comprehensive check off list so  she can fill it out for each place so it will be easier to compare. 

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Lea: That is indeed the cake you described, minus the nuts. I've included the link for the recipe I use now. I lost my GM's recipe from when I was a kid and this one is pretty close. My dad didn't lik

Catalogues: Anyone remember Spiegel's? My mom especially loved that one. She would order all of our school clothes from that one and Montgomery Wards. There was a huge Montgomery Wards store not too f

Posted Images

Just saying hi. Very hot here- 108° yesterday and today. 120° down at the river. Hope your day is giving you happiness.

ok you all win the temp lottery.  We are only 85, feels like 94.  But we do have a lot of rain this afternoon.

Good luck Brenda on you sis finding a place.

I think the hottest its ever been for me was 104, that was the dog days of August

glad you finally got some rain in FL

4 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

ok you all win the temp lottery.  We are only 85, feels like 94.  But we do have a lot of rain this afternoon.

Good luck Brenda on you sis finding a place.

I helped her work up a fairly extensive check list to go over with places.  

Todays place was not what she was looking for plus it was across a state line into a less friendly state on taxing SS and Fed pensions.  It was more like assisted living.  The big negative was no stove, no microwave and not a very active crowd. But it was a place to start. I gave her the name of a couple of places that are more what she is looking for.  I wish she would move here.  She had them send her info.  She has a lot of mental stuff to work thru-----moving from a house that is paid off to something paying rent.  I am recognizing the mindset and stages I went thru.  

Good morning. Cloudy and drizzly today so far.

Today is the first shot in the knee.  Let's hope it gives me some relief.

Brenda, I can feel for your sis.  It is hard to find a place and harder to move.

Have a fun day.

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good morning. Cloudy and drizzly today so far.

Today is the first shot in the knee.  Let's hope it gives me some relief.

Brenda, I can feel for your sis.  It is hard to find a place and harder to move.

Have a fun day.

Very much hoping it gives you relief.

I dont know how I lived thru our move.  I helped her make the check off sheet from what I learned.  I really wish she would move here.  She is in the price shock phase.  Then she has a lot of soul searching and emotions to work thru.  

Another 100°+ day here.

Edited by bgs

Hello everyone!

Lacey, welcome back and congratulations!

Brenda, I hope your sister finds a new place that she loves.

Mary Jo, I hope the shot helps.

I went grocery shopping this morning and later today I'll be getting together with family to celebrate my son-in-law's birthday. For now I think I'll do some sewing. I'm planning to get yarn to start a new dinosaur afghan for my littlest grandson tomorrow when I go to visit them, I want to let him pick the color he wants. Not much else happening today, which is a good thing. 

Hope you all have a good day.

Mary Jo how long before you know if the shots are helping?  Hope it works quick.

Stayed busy today doing one thing and then another---laundry, vacuuming some of the window screens, washing windows, paperwork etc.  Next thing I knew day was shot and I was tired.  Sis stopped by.  She had a dental appointment in the area and stopped and bought her some lunch.  Said she was looking for a cool place to eat her lunch.

Carol the dinosaur afghan with the help of your grandson sounds like a fun project.

Good Morning everyone. Well the pride is bruised and the knees are scraped up.

Yep you got it.  I was walking up the ramp to the door of the Dr. office and BAM down I went again.  The wheel of my walker seemed to lock for some reason.  My friends who took me said next time Wheel Chair.  Anyway, two of the young strong PT guys came out and got me up and in the wheel chair.  This caused more x-rays on the knees to make sure I did not break anything.  My knees were cleaned with alcohol  (Yeow) and sab and a bandage put on each knee.  Finally I saw the Dr. he gave me the shot and we are a little sore today, but feeling a little more mobile this morning.  I will not push it.

Brenda that was nice that your sis was able to stop for lunch.

Carol I can't wait to see what colors he picks out.  That is so cool that he will be choosing them.

Oh no Mary Jo not another fall!  Glad nothing was hurt too bad.

Dh is out the door for dulcimer.  We have bonsai friends coming for a tour and lunch.  Checking out some of the rooms that they could possibly use for special events.

had to get outside earlier,before the humidity set in, got the stuff planted and watered,

wanted to put some copper penny paint on two gnomes, their colors faded from 2 yrs ago

Hello everyone.

Mary Jo, I hope you are ok.

Brenda, I have those days that just seem to get lost in all the to do things. I'm glad your sister was able to stop and visit.

We went to Hobby Lobby today for I Love This Yarn for the afghan. The blanket and hood part of the dinosaur with be peacock and the trim and spikes will be black. I don't think my 21 month old grandson knew why he was picking yarn but he tends to be very opinionated about things so I wanted to be sure he liked the colors. He is not very verbal but he communicates in his own ways and knows what he wants. I'll be sure to post a picture when I finish it. I'm using this pattern https://www.mooglyblog.com/cuddle-up-dinosaur-blanket/

I've been sitting on the sofa near a large window to the back yard crocheting and watching the bunnies and birds out in the yard. I also dozed off a couple of times, guess I needed a little extra sleep today. 

I hope you are all enjoying the weekend.

• Like 1

Carol cute pattern.  What you said about your grandson not being very verbal reminds me when my nephew was little.  He was not very verbal either.  Pediatrician told us to stop automatically giving him things or doing what he wanted and wait for him to ask.   We just knew what he wanted and automatically took care of it.  He had no reason to verbally communicate with us.

Busy day with bonsai friends.  Had lunch here at one of the restaurants.  Then showed them around.  Wore one of them out just walking in some of the buildings.  Dh drove from building to building.  The other one had a great time.  She and dh played ping pong.  Thats more exercise than you think.  Had snacks at Coffee Shop.  Dh called to see if the lady across the street was home and if her dog needed walked.  She said Thunder is sitting staring at the door (waiting for dh) so he went over.  

There is so much to catch up on!

Lacey, congrats on the new babe... can't go wrong with a new baby.

MJ, goodness, if you are going down then I am glad its at the doc..

..Anyhow, I am exhausted, we were suppose to go to church and then breakfast tomorrow but we are both exhausted...

Monday I went o MIL and watched a funeral with my MIL , she lost her Bff in Fl ( she is in NC), and then I took her to lunch.

Tuesday I caught up around the house, called two Uncles and an Aunt...everyone is falling a part...If everyone lived closer it would be easier..

Wednesday, I met Dil with the 4 grands for lunch and the water park..

Thursday I had a crochet club, fun, but we have a friend who is facing some trials with her thyroid.  not much crochet done..

Friday was a 3 hour trip to Charlotte to visit ds #1 for his 40th bday, we went to lunch and then proceeded to have a wonderful balloon fight with the crocheted reusable water balloons... got home late Friday..exhausted..

Got up this morning and drove 2 hours int eh oppisite direction to visit ds#4 and family.. had a great lunch and lots of baby snuggles..

Should come home tomorrow, but with TD Claudette, a day at home seemed like the best plan... we ..are ..tired...   Hugs~

• Like 1

good morning

couldn't fall back to sleep,so here it is 5:10 a.m. wide awake and having my first coffee.I'll see how much energy I have today, yesterday it seemed I was taking breaks every five minutes.

wow, even dogs get into a routine, Thunder just waiting for a human to come walk him.

Lea, that was one busy week, sweet memories.

enjoy your day everyone

Well good morning.  Up early myself this morning.

Lea, I am exhausted just readying what you did all week.

Quite day today.

Have fun and Happy Father's Day to all our male crocheters.

Good Morning.

Lea, I'm tired just reading about your week, but it sounds like you had some fun with the grands.

Brenda, it sounds like you had a fun visit with your friends.

I'm at my daughter's house and the puppy was making noise at 4:30 am and again about 5:45 am but I was able to go back to sleep until almost 7 which is sleeping in for me. I'll be heading home later today and taking my oldest grandson with me for a couple of weeks. When he goes home his sister will visit with me, they wanted to visit at different times this summer. That's about it for me today.

Have a great day!

• Like 1

Our pastors big announcement this morning was his pool team won their tournament last week while he was with the teens at Soul Quest.  Now he's going to Vegas to play pool!  I love this guy.

• Like 1

Glad you only got some outer bands, as the pictures they are show of flooding and tornadoes and such is scary.