granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

So grateful for a break in the heat we are not supposed to break out of the 70's today and it feels so amazingly good.  The humidity has been brutal for the last week and it drains me.  I feel like a wet dish rag and so tired when it gets humid. 

Window guys are coming Monday and they should be completely done, fingers crossed by Tues and that means the AC can go in at the latest by Wed, which guarantees the rest of next week will be in the 70's.  It's just a thing every time we get desperate to put in the AC's and we do the temps drop.  From the very first time I bought one until now.  I'm not complaining.  If I don't have to run it... 

I just have to get through the 2 installation days.  It was smarter and cheaper to have all the 1st floor windows done at once but it greatly limits where you can put stuff so they can work on the areas where they want to install the windows.  I'm so looking forward to Wed. :elle

Still waiting to get a date on the other summer project the back deck.  That at least is outside.  The dogs won't be crazy about either the noise or that it restricts their ability to get out back until they finish but of the 2 projects I'm dreading the windows the most.

Good afternoon. Clouds are starting to move in, so we may get some rain today.

We use to have to go to my Aunt's and play with all my male cousins in the country.  They would insult us into fishing, catching tadpoles and other such creepy things.  My little sister use to put worms in her pockets and then cry because they would try to climb out.:rofl

Chris assure the girls it will only be for a little while, then they will have something new to play on.

Tell DH, sorry about last night, but now he can root for the Lightning against the NY Islanders.  Believe it or not they had a big party on one street in Tampa near the rink with a big screen TV, so people could watch the game last night.

Have a great afternoon.

Mary Jo I will send him your condolences.  He is in mourning today.  I'm waiting to ask him if he plans on switching out the Bruins Garden flag to another sports team or it remains up in mourning for another few days. :lol

I lived the creepy stuff in the water daily.  Our house bordered wet lands and my brothers lived to torture me with the "wonders" of nature there. The stories those boys could tell and make it believable to their gullible little sisters.  I was certain their were swamp creatures that would make it into the house.👾

I swear when we are younger Boys were put on earth to torment us little girls for fun.  My male cousins were the same way.

They would of had a ball down here with the gators.

Ok question.  Are the cicadas as bad as they make them out to be on the news?  Supposedly there was a plane held up to 6 hours, because they got into the plane.  They had to get a new one.  We saw a reporter have one on his collar and yesterday Biden had one fly into him.

Our cicadas are so loud you can barely think around here when you are outside, I am just waiting for the fun part later in the summer when I an get all the grands up with pails and they can collect cicada shells to their hearts desire.

I remember my dad introducing me to these skeletons that would stick to anything and I would wear a few on my blouse just to disgust my mom.

I taught my boys the same trick and would find them stuck to curtains, on the mantel, in pockets..

Looking forward to being THAT MiMi that teaches the next generation 😂

wish we lived closer Lea, you sound like a hoot, with never a dull moment

its starting to get overcast, just fixed my old ortho shoes that have splits in the sole, grey duct tape is a wonderful thing it would be chic if I had some camo color

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I swear when we are younger Boys were put on earth to torment us little girls for fun.  My male cousins were the same way.

They would of had a ball down here with the gators.

Ok question.  Are the cicadas as bad as they make them out to be on the news?  Supposedly there was a plane held up to 6 hours, because they got into the plane.  They had to get a new one.  We saw a reporter have one on his collar and yesterday Biden had one fly into him.

My brothers terrorized me with the idea that gators could survive a New England winter frozen under the wetlands.  I was terrified we had them.  There is a reason I live in areas where it freezes.  Gators terrify me as do snakes.  We had water snakes that were harmless but have one slither by your leg and evil young boys telling you what it could be and you are convinced there are monsters in the swamp.

Visiting my in-laws and just seeing gators by the side of the road is like all of my childhood nightmares coming true. :help

It's 64 degrees and I couldn't be happier. :elle  Not supposed to go back up to the 80's until Sunday.  I'm only hoping they are wrong about thunder storm Mon as I'm not sure they can do the windows during thunder and lightening and I really want those over and finished.

My size 20 thread came today.  I have 2 items to finish before I can experiment but then... 

I've been looking for more colors for size 10 and any colors for size 20.  Creative Yarn Source does over wide range of colors in size 10, 20, 30.  The containers are small only 173 yards compared to 350 for Aunt Lydia's but the benefit is the color options, especially for the smaller sizes.

I wanted to experiment with size 20 thread for adapting some of the older Barbie patterns to modern dolls and the size 10 even with my smaller hooks wasn't doing it.  I could only find white and off white in size 20 most of the places I looked.  This place offers the same colors across the 10-30 spectrum.

I don't have any association with them other then I order from them but I figured I'm not the only thread buyer here so I'd mention them as an option if you are looking for lighter weight colored threads or even specific colors of size 10 that you aren't seeing in Aunt Lydia's or Red Heart which I have also been picking up because I can get it at Walmart.

I ordered some of the variegated colors in size 10 to use for some of Barbie's clothes that need a variegated color.  Once I have a chance to try the thread I'll let you know how it went.

• Like 1

It is 89 here, but feels like 95.  No rain in site for at lease a week.   Thank God for AC.

Not much going on here.  Just wanted to stop in and say Hi!.

Good news on the thread Chris.

51 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

It is 89 here, but feels like 95.  No rain in site for at lease a week.   Thank God for AC.

Not much going on here.  Just wanted to stop in and say Hi!.

Good news on the thread Chris.

Amen on the ac!  90 here real feel 99.  Storms blowing in.  

Flood watch here too, Lyn..I wish we lived closer too, except you might get sick of me having a " craft day" every other day...LOL

Raining off and on here, muggy,

Chris, I LOVE your patterns, keep them coming!

Went to the grocery this a.m. and picked up the last of the ground beef in the cooler.  decided I am going to buy a small chest freezer and buy a quarter cow. My son has a friend who sells beef and I just contacted her. The hamburger was mushy and cooked down with more water then beef it seemed ...inflation... here we go again!

Crocheting towel rings for the stove today, mindless crochet while watching Dr G medical examiner, did I miss my calling in life?

Good Morning.

Wow another weekend is here. We are down to 77 this morning, but looking at 90 by noon.

No hockey till Sunday.  As Tampa Guy said what are we going to watch for 2 days.

We have been watching the TV show Fargo.  That has been fun.

Well time to get ready to face another day.

56 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.

Wow another weekend is here. We are down to 77 this morning, but looking at 90 by noon.

No hockey till Sunday.  As Tampa Guy said what are we going to watch for 2 days.

We have been watching the TV show Fargo.  That has been fun.

Well time to get ready to face another day.

That's our weather exactly, too. Heat index of 105. NOT ready for summer!

I hoped to sleep in this morning after a week of the grands but it didn't happen.

good morning

brother in law in Germany, is a big hockey fan. I think first it was the Rangers, then he switched over to the Islanders, they lived in NY before moving back to his homeland, he subscribes to the NHL streaming service.

I always hear about the withdrawals he goes through when the game isn't on.

find some joy in your day😁

• Haha 1

Hello Everyone,

I'm a couple days behind again. I had my little granddaughter here for a couple of days and a this morning I had my baby niece for a couple of hours. Summer is going to be busy and fun. I went grocery shopping this morning too. I think I'm going to do some sewing this afternoon.

Have a great day!

• Like 1

hello  all  well what a week huh, finally the heavy air is not as prevalent here today and the sun is out drying up the ground a bit after our rainy day yesterday... got my new eyes, cant get me to 20/20 but close enough, i notice a big diff .. been  busy cleaning out things i dont use or wont use lol   Sports yarn is bagged up and in the car heading to goodwill lol  just dont want to store it anymore   lol  so, my world certainly got a bit brighter, and clearer for sure lol    was happy to hear my eyes are healthy, dont have cataracts, or mac. degeneration, or anything wrong there  thats a good thing lol  

tomorrow handy will be on the roof, and cleaning out our gutters, lawn got mowed and weeded today, and if rain holds off for a week or two, we will be starting on putting in our new windows lol, so quite a week ahead huh   i managed to get 2 for July afghans done though lol, my own personal goal of 2 a month lol   now on to  2 for august lol  Maybe ill post a pic on show and t wll if i have it saved ok   

Well this one did not post for me yesterday. Out the door shortly for church.

Left at 8:30 this morning and got back about 7:15p.  It was our first IRL bonsai meeting in 15 months.  Afterwards picked up sandwiches and ate them at one ladies house.  Some places are still just doing carryout.  Stayed there late enough that we went to eat supper at the Japanese restaurant we love.  I have really missed eating there.  A couple of the ladies are coming here next Sat for lunch and so we can show them around the Village.

Good Morning.

Sounds like a lot of you are pretty busy.

Got the ok for the MRI from the Insurance, but a no on the gel shots.  Not had pain for 3 months.  That was the answer, so I have to pay my 20% out of pocket in order to get them.  I will get my first one on Friday.  So sick of insurance companies.  I can try again, but it could take up to 3 weeks.  I am tired of pain and tired of not being able to get around.

Enough of the rant.

HOCKEY today.  My team will be playing the Islanders at 3PM.  This should be a fun game.

Have a great day.

you wonder what the deal is with insurance calling all the shots, and how the heck did it happen, must have been a slick and lucrative deal,Rene's is really high 

evidently Medicare is not into preventative care, as a prediabetic  I rated shoes, 65 and medicare kicked in, I got a notice you no longer qualify you have to be a full diabetic to rate us paying for your shoes,so now we pay

Mary Jo I hate that.  Feels like you have been suffering for at least 3 months.  Seemed like a long wait to see the Dr and thats when the insurance companies start their count isnt it?

Lyn its sad that it boils down to money and profit margins. Insurance is big business.  I saw the change come about in the 80's.  It was when they adopted DRG's.  I was working in a hospital lab and saw the change.  It wasnt gradual either.  Initially maybe it was better for patients for example making lab work cheaper but it took a lot of control away from Dr's.  Drs that used to take the time to get to know their patients had to start processing a certain number per hour.  

10 minutes per patient, at least 4 an hour with notes written up before you start it over again, I feel bad for the doctors who have the insurance noose around their necks. Their insurance is thru the roof  from what I hear.

I guess corporate America is done with our contributions, knowledge and wisdom... ~ sigh~

On a happier note, I spent most of the day crocheting...

working on backpack buddies for Richmond VA inner city kids. They have the backpacks and local businesses contribute the stuff to go in them, I thought a fun little something to clip on the backpack might be nice....My friend Val works with the organization there in Richmond.  Anyone want to chip in let me know... not really a need, just something extra.

Headed to my MILs tomorrow to help her tap into the livestream of her dear friend who passed away in FL. Will watch it with her and then maybe take her out to lunch.  Not really the happiest way to spend a Monday, but how hard is it when you out live your friends?