granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

Good afternoon. Hanging at JFK airport waiting for our flight home. Nice weekend with family for my nephews graduation. 

Sounds like everyone is keeping busy these days. 

I know I need to get out and walk more but its always a gamble. Never know if I will be in pain the next day. I also need to get in the pool more. Then I know the exercise will not leave me limping 

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Lea: That is indeed the cake you described, minus the nuts. I've included the link for the recipe I use now. I lost my GM's recipe from when I was a kid and this one is pretty close. My dad didn't lik

Catalogues: Anyone remember Spiegel's? My mom especially loved that one. She would order all of our school clothes from that one and Montgomery Wards. There was a huge Montgomery Wards store not too f

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Here in Show N Tell you will see the Tiki Afghan   It is actually a lap ghan, but I think it turned out great.

I think it turned out great too.  It really translated very well from photo to drawing to the ghan.

Heat and humidity are settling in.  I think sometimes we give FL a run for the money in that department.  Did my walking in WalMart this morning plus the hike in and back thru the parking lot.  Dont think I am venturing back out today at least not til evening.  If we didnt have a phone conference this afternoon I might have considered checking out the pool.  

Zoom bonsai board meeting yesterday afternoon.  We are going to have an IRL meeting Sat and looks like our master from Puerto Rico the end of the month is a go.  

Prayer shawl meets in the morning.  Then heading to lunch with the ladies I used to work with.

I have not personally used it, but I am told using the pool is great on the knees, back and such.

I stuck my head out this morning to talk the the exterminator and it was a little warm for me.  We had rain this morning and we may get some later, maybe not.  Ah June and the rainy season.

I sure wish we had a pool, problem is living out here in no mans land I am sure I would be fishing snakes, toads, turtles, possums, ducks etc out of it. I get nervous walking here too as folks are prone to dumping stray dogs  etc and I could see myself getting eaten by some hungry critter.

Brenda has me thinking about walking Walmart. Its 10 miles away but would be a good way to get out and not so hot and muggy .

Glad you had a good time ratdog.

Carol, do you sleep..LOL, you are always so busy...I need your energy

Lyn, we were up in Va this past weekend  at Lake Anna with some friends and had our first watermelon too, it was soooo good.

Sandra, hope you are feeling better..

Hows the knee today MJ?

I woke up dragging my hiney this morning. Did manage to change the sheets, was a load of clothes, dishes, waste baskets..I need to do bird feeders. Since it rained I am sure they all have enough bugs to keep them busy. Saw the prettiest yellow tanger this morning..Such beautiful colors!

Hello,

Last Monday of the school year. It was a pretty easy going day. I have dinner in the oven and not sure what else I will do tonight. I will be getting in the pool on the days I have grandkids here, I need the exercise too. Not much else happening. Have a good evening.

Lea I was a good girl.  I walked most of way with dh to pick up supper.  I waited on a bench in the shade til he got back.  He said he knew it was too hot out for me and he was in a hurry to get back for something and didnt want to be waiting on me to recover. He said wait til later but I thought I wanted to try and be done for the day.  Know what you mean about not good place to walk in rural areas.  Dh never wanted me walking on our road.  Dust was horrible and he figured the people running up and down it had no qualms about running me over.  The neighbor that bought our place had dogs that roamed and terrorized the area including going after another neighbors dog that was at its own house and in his pen.  Walking around the field in summer meant getting eat up by chiggars and ticks.  Might also come across a snake or big snapping turtle.  When it gets too hot I can walk and go into apartments to walk and or recover.  Thought of you when I saw they are doing drinks by the outdoor pool one of these nights.

Yes Mary Jo how is the knee doing.  Hope you havent had any more falls

Posted (edited)

Good evening! Feeling  worse than ever. For more reasons  than one. I laid down for a bit but it didn't help much... hopefully the meds will help soon.

Edited by owlvamp

Oh Sandra I hope you feel better soon.  Nothing worse than being sick this time of the year.

Brenda sounds like you are getting into the walking and that is good for you.

Moving along with the knee.  Do not start shots till June 18th.  Still waiting to hear when I can go for an MRI.  

I was up so I thought I would drop in.

good morning

hope you start feeling better soon Owlvamp

going for the MRI on the 10th,Thursday

enjoy your day

seeing alot of commercials for Disney World's 50th anniversary on Oct 1st

thinking back when we down there in '71, they said we could come in and look around, they would still charge the admission,we passed on that.

on  our way to Japan in 1979 we did get to Disneyland, celebrated a second childhood at age 30,lol

Only one more day, I think I can do it :lol. Actually today was a pretty easy day and tomorrow is a half day for the kids.  After school I took dad to an appointment and stopped at the grocery store. Made kielbasa and tater tots for dinner. 

Lyn I turn into a big kid every time I go to Disney.

I'm feeling a little tired this evening so I think I will relax with some yarn

Have a good evening.

I think we all turn in to little kids when we go to Disney.  I use to love it.  I miss going over there.  I am sure there are many changes from when we were there.

So need to find a new project to work on.  

Today was a busy day.

The Bedazzle (cleaners) Boys were here, the care worker was here, the lawn guys were here and my new walker and wheel chair came.  It has been one fun day.

The rest of the week will be quite.

21 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

I think we all turn in to little kids when we go to Disney.  I use to love it.  I miss going over there.  I am sure there are many changes from when we were there

I am a total child at disney! Love character breakfast. Wait on line to see the princesses. Wear Belle t shirts and sometimes mickey ears! 

Cant wait to go back in July. (Although I may need a day sooner!)

Prayer shawl group met this morning.  I ducked out a little early so we could go meet up with the ladies I used to work with.  There were 8 including dh.  A couple of different ones showed this time while a couple were out of town.  We decided to meet every 2nd Tues at different restaurants so will see how it goes.  Thought restrictions had been lifted but this place had a sign on door thst no more than 10 could be seated together.  

It was a hot walk today.  Should have done more but I dont like hot.

Brenda when you walk, make sure you have water with you.  Hydrate!!!!!

Ratdog, enjoy a character breakfast for me.  Those breakfast's and Mickey or Grumpy shirts.  

Well Sorry Lea, but the lightning has struck and you team gets to stay home.  Hey root for the Islanders to win.  Sorry Chris, not a fan of Boston.

they called me to come in today for MRI, since they had a cancellation, now I'm stiff as antything from laying on that metal slab on my back 30 minutes

Well I hope the MRI tells them what is what.

I am still waiting for the insurance company to ok mine, along with the gel shots.  They are the hold-up.

Sit and relax and try to get rid of the stiffness.

Lyn good that you got it over with.

Mary Jo darn those insurance companies holding up progress on getting you back on your feet.

For some reason tonight I feel so tired. My metabolic low time took one heck of a dip today.  Probably will perk back up when its time to go to bed and then not be able to sleep til 3 am.  Walked with sis today and got awfully hot.  My face gets really red when I get hot and sort of worries people.  Sis's birthday is Sat so we are doing something tomorrow night.

Went to the park today with my Dil and grandsons & grand daughter. They decided they wanted to do the .03 mile trail down to the lake and it seemed like a good idea, especially going down the trail... goodness that walk up in the afternoon heat felt like a death march.  at least we made some memories throwing sticks in the water, and just maybe when Mams back was turned they sort of stepped in the water up to the knees to catch the tiny fish.

Picked up subs on the way home, we have a grocery in Raleigh called Harris Teeter, same company owns Kroger, anyhow, they make hte best subs and they are only 5.99 for a footlong. That and a cantalope was dinner. Called bot my Uncles tonight and caught up with them.

Hitting the sack soon after I drink a glass of water , which I will regret around 1:30.

Lyn, hoping for a solution and a move forward for you!

Headed into 90's here today.  I dont like being out and about when it gets that hot.  Hate the heat radiating back from parking lots.  It also seems to drain what energy I might have and anymore there isnt any to spare.  

Lea some of my best memories are playing in the always cold (spring fed) creek on my grandma's farm catching tadpoles, minnows, and crawdads.