granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

Happy Friday!!!!

The usual stuff today, work, a stop at Walmart, dinner and laundry. I think I'll crochet for a while and then sleep. 

Have a great evening.

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Lea: That is indeed the cake you described, minus the nuts. I've included the link for the recipe I use now. I lost my GM's recipe from when I was a kid and this one is pretty close. My dad didn't lik

Catalogues: Anyone remember Spiegel's? My mom especially loved that one. She would order all of our school clothes from that one and Montgomery Wards. There was a huge Montgomery Wards store not too f

Posted Images

Went to the knee Dr. this afternoon and I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.  

They will be setting me up for an MRI and on the 18th I will be getting the first of 3 gel shots to the knee.  He is hoping this will be it, as the next step is a total knee replacement.  He is taking the MRI, cause my pain does not fit the x-ray.  So we may be lucky and the shots will work.

Hey Reni they stick their head in your room for 2 seconds and charge you for a visit.

I had my insurance deny a charge for unauthorized medicine.  $1.19 it was for 2 Tylenol they gave me in the ER.:rofl

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

Went to the knee Dr. this afternoon and I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.  

They will be setting me up for an MRI and on the 18th I will be getting the first of 3 gel shots to the knee.  He is hoping this will be it, as the next step is a total knee replacement.  He is taking the MRI, cause my pain does not fit the x-ray.  So we may be lucky and the shots will work.

Hey Reni they stick their head in your room for 2 seconds and charge you for a visit.

I had my insurance deny a charge for unauthorized medicine.  $1.19 it was for 2 Tylenol they gave me in the ER.:rofl

Hallelujah for progress on the knee!  Keeping fingers and everything else crossed that this gets you running around.

Edited by bgs
  • Like 1

hey everyone, we have sunshine after 3 days of on and off rain

check engine light keeps coming on, the Dakota

enjoy the day

We have another sunny day.  Temps are getting warmer than I like to participate in dh's walks.  Its better for me in evening.  This morning dh walked to the gardening area and cam back with 2 bags stuffed full of greens--one collards and one chard.  I think the guy that give them to him was a little surprised to find someone that likes greens.  Dh loves them.  I've washed them and they are on the stove.  Pulled the sheets and they are in the wash.  

I was gone a lot yesterday.  Walked to lunch and was there almost three hours as wound up chatting with another resident.  Walked to supper last night to a different place that is farther away.  They have a buffet on Fri night and we had never checked it out.  It was a small one but we liked it. Afterwards we explored that set of apartments.  Then on our walk back home one of the ladies we know had her dog out and motioned us over.  Spent evening chatting with her.  (Had spent Fri evening chatting with another lady as we were headed back from walking.)  Yep gone for hours on a walk but most of time actually spent was eating and talking. 

Good afternoon everyone.  Hot and humid here.  Stuck my head out the door and WOW.

Sounds like you are getting to know your neighbors Brenda.  That is great.

Just want to stop in and say Hi before the game starts.

Just now, pineknott said:

finally got my patio plants,stopped in two dollar stores but they didn't have what I wanted

My two pots of petunias are finally blooming.  They would look better if both pots were combined.  Half the plants in each pot died.  Bought more plants to add in and half those died.  Its been a hard spring on things with not much sunshine and late hard freezes.  Checked and many say their bonsai trees are slow leafing out.  Now my pot of red rose moss has done ok.

I walked to pick up our lunch.  After lunch took dh's heavy winter coat across the street to use a washer in the apt laundry room because it wont fit in mine.  Ready to plop down for the day.

good morning

its still dark out,well its 5:10a.m., nothing like getting an early start on a Sunday

have a great day

Posted (edited)

Good Morning.  Pineknott likes like it is you and I are up early.

Getting a haircut today.  My hairdresser is coming to my house.

Sorry Lea, but the Lightning struck again last night.

Have a great day.

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 1

hello to all, so glad for you MJ i think fingers crossed, the gel shots will work!!! my gosh huh  

I have been working on my craft room, cleaning out un used things lol, im going to either sell, or donate this sports yarn for sure, tired of storing it lol  found a couple things i hadnt found for a while lol which was good, i guess  so, keeping busy here besides seaming lol that too never stops  lol  

Sandra, good to hear your are living, would be very sad to hear otherwise, we need to get up with each other now things are opening up...

MJ, My aunt had those gel shots in her knee and they worked great, she also had one in her heel. worked like I charm, I am hoping yours do too..  Yup, Lightening won fair and square, its just not quite Hurricane season yet...LOL... My brother and his wife were in Jacksonville over Memorial day and they went to a minopr league ball game, my brother sent me a picture because our farm team , Durham Bulls, were playing the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp at Crustacean Nation. I have never laughed so hard at a baseball team in my life!

Lynn, it use to be when ever a check engine light came on in one of my vehicles I would simply put a piece of black electrical tape over the sign, always worked like a charm until the engine blew 😂

Brenda, those sort of walks are the best, I probably burn more calories flapping my jaws then flapping my legs..LOL

Katy, is your sport yarn a 3 or much smaller...I have trouble doing anything smaller then a three myself these days

Hot and rainy week ahead,working on a monster truck wall hanging for Ethan for Christmas along with a few other doodads.

One birthday this week. my son Jamie turns 40, not sure how he got to be older then me cause I'm only 39...😜

• Haha 1

I had the gel shots done twice in the left knee and they worked great.  I had the last set 10 year ago and still going strong.  I am hoping they work this time also.  Oh and there will only be 3 instead of 5.  Now the MRI is to find out why the pain where it is.

You gotta laugh at the team names.  I swear some of them are silly.  The new Hockey team in Seattle is going to be called the Kraken.  It is a mystical sea monster.  Not sure what the logo will look like.

My Dr.'s are always telling me to do some walking or exercising.  Now how am I suppose to do that when I can not stand alone.

The hairdresser came and went.  I was so relaxing instead of having to go to the shop.  We set up the next appointment for August.  Hey, I feel 10 lbs lighter.:rofl

Mary Jo I hope the shots work and you get some relief.

Lyn I hope the engine light is nothing major.

Brenda your walks sound wonderful.

Hello Katy, Sandra and Lea.

Yesterday was a bit busy. Took Dad for lab work, had to go to 2 locations because the first didn't have a collection container that he needed to bring home for 24 hours. Then it was to the grocery store. Then I made an apple crisp to surprise my daughter when I went to her house for her birthday celebration. We all had a really nice and relaxing time. I also made a pan of ziti for my parents before going to my daughters, they didn't feel up to going and I wanted to make sure they had dinner. 

Today I attended church online, I need to start going again in person, maybe after the grandkids visit this summer. Then I spent the day in my sewing room, I haven't done that in a couple of months, I finished a top that I started for myself a couple of months ago. And I made a dress for my littlest granddaughter. Now I'm having dinner as I read all your posts. 

I hope you all have a wonderful evening a great day tomorrow.

cshort you have had a very busy day.

Oh man I have not had an apple crisp in years.  My Mom use to make them.  The ziti sounds delicious also.

Sounds like you had a productive day in your sewing room.

Enjoy your dinner.

Well darn it Mary Jo I was hoping by Aug you would be getting around well enough to go to the hairdresser but I can see how convenient it would be for them to come to you.

Carol we started back to church last Sun.   Its felt so good.  They have mailed us many cards, brought us lunch a few Sun back, called, and pastor stopped by Thurs.   Its been very touching to be on the receiving end of so much attention.  We are not long time members and dont do anything special.  And its not like we are nearby.  I thought I might have a hard time getting around after all those months of putting on sweats and sitting in front of the tv or computer but I found I was really looking forward to going.  It sure has been good seeing everyone. 

Sandra glad you checked in.  Sorry about the sore throat.

Katy I am amazed at the number of squares you have been receiving and the number of afghans you all have put together.

Lyn hope its a ghost and all they have to do is reset it.  That happened to us once.  

Lea today I went with dh when he walked a dog and then when he walked a lady that way he didnt have to walk me separate.  

Pastor was at church today as was the other guy I have been wanting to see.  Derek is a beanpole, has a fun wardrobe, and can pull it off with his grin.  I always look forward to seeing what Derek is wearing.  

• Haha 1

So Brenda DH is in the walking job.  He walks dogs and people, besides you.  That is so cool.  Glad he found a hobby.

Ah Lea wait till the first one hits 50.  That was a real bummer for us.

Sandra, I do hope you throat feels better soon.  Time to pull out the honey, lemon and tea.

Shutting down for the night.

Have a great one.

Good Morning.

Slept in this morning.  Sun was up before me.  Looks like we got some rain this morning.

Have a great day everyone.

good morning

MRI scheduled for the 10th, 

having the first watermelon of the season

have a wonderful day