granny squares, and chaatty friends 2021

18 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Sometimes we just do things that make us feel good.  

Hey Reni, maybe they will see your crochet part of your brain on the cat scan.

I am just feeling sorry for myself

So I am ready to move to our circle.

Yeah I had to buy yarn for the doggie blanket, as I thought I had enough, but just need one more skein.  I could buy one skein for $3.35 a skein or 5 skeins for $15.00.  Now the shipping is $4.45 up to 60 dollars.  So I refuse to spend more for shipping than the yarn cost.  So I will now have 4 skeins I need to find a project for.  Such a delima :rofl

I used to buy yarn for no other reason than it made me feel good---but it had to be in person so I could pet it first.

• Like 1

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rain rain and more rain. Saw gators and flamingoes marching two by two past the house today......

Lea: That is indeed the cake you described, minus the nuts. I've included the link for the recipe I use now. I lost my GM's recipe from when I was a kid and this one is pretty close. My dad didn't lik

Catalogues: Anyone remember Spiegel's? My mom especially loved that one. She would order all of our school clothes from that one and Montgomery Wards. There was a huge Montgomery Wards store not too f

Posted Images

1 hour ago, minwifeof4boys said:

Okay, here is the solution... we all find a central location and move there so we can gather in a circle with craft of choice and  uplift each other during this getting old thing..... those of us that are mobile still will run out for important supplies.... yarn, sweets, wine, soda....

Getting old can be such a downer...

For some reason I got a wild hair up my hiney today and pressure canned 8 pints of pinto beans, I think it was all the talk of inflation...dh came home and ask me why I had done it and I said, " it was only 18 cents a jar!.... he was like: electicity, time, jars, beans, salt, water..... 58 cents at Walmart....stop...🤣

Oh well it was either that or dust all the den shelves....I hate dusting...

Move here!  Move here!  I know the snow would be a bummer but when someone else is shoveling its not so bad.  

It has been hard facing I just cant do things like I used to.  20 years ago didnt think nothing about spending the day on my lawn tractor and cutting brush.  Now I get tired standing at the sink cleaning and cutting up vegetables.  When my medicare card showed up a couple of months ago I was like this cant possibly be right.  Never thought I would make it this far.  Mom passed at 59, her mom and one of her brothers passed mid 50's as did my dad's father.  Gave my canner away when we moved.

• Like 1

Reni, Lyn and Mary Jo, I hope the doctors figure out what is going on with each of you. 

Nothing exciting going on here, just work and a stop at the grocery store. I think I'll play with some yarn for a little while before I fall asleep.

Have a good evening.

33 minutes ago, pineknott said:

I did the same thing about my mom, she passed away at age 44 I have now outlived her by 28 yrs

A few years ago my aunt that passed away a few months ago called on my birthday.  At one point during our conversation she laughingly said gee how did you get so old (as she had been reminiscing when I was born).  I told her guess its because I got up everyday.

• Haha 1

I forget which one of my relatives started me on the expression it beats the alternative in relation to the complaints about getting older.:rabbit

• Haha 1

Ok watching the sun come up this morning and I want to wish bgs a very Happy Birthday. :cake  May you have the best day today.

Got the rain last night.  Just 1 hour.

Sorry Brenda, but don't think I could take the cold.

Have a great day everyone.

good morning

up since 5:30, just couldn't get back to sleep

Happy Birthday Brenda, hope you have a wonderful year, I remember you said you had dental today, in a dental chair does not make for a great day,glad you had a fun day earlier, hugs

• Like 1

Thank you all.  Expecting to spend most of my day with a numb face as heading to dentist in a little while for the first of two crown preps.  Really dreading it this time even more than in the past because the last temporary crown I had was cold sensitive so waiting for the permanent one to come in over Thanksgiving was not pleasant.

Posted (edited)

Pineknott: You're welcome. There are plenty of photos online to see what they look like and they are worse than a "sand storm". They're not as bad here in town because we are surrounded by mountains but my last home was in a more open area on a hill above a valley, with a dry lake bed in front of us a few miles away, and a major wash full of sand behind us 5 miles up the road. They get pretty intense.

Lea: Sounds like a good idea to me, but, don't forget the French Fries! Oh well, now you have pinto beans for awhile and don't have to go to the store for any. Yours probably taste better anyway.

Mary Jo: Parts of my brain probably looked like yarn in some spots! LOL.  I had to buy 3 skeins of the white when I only needed 1 since I couldn't find it anywhere else online. I'm not sure what to do with the extra yarn. Maybe a stuffed animal.

Brenda: I agree. I'd prefer to buy in person too, but since Covid hit, I haven't been to a craft or yarn store since. I've literally turned into a recluse. Wah- wah- wah! I'm such a baby. LOL

Edited by ReniC

Brenda: It's probably too late now, but tell the dentist to use warm water in the mouth. Helps a little.

Have a super birthday anyway!

:birthday

Ok back home now waiting for feeling to come back in my face.  I was getting worried because I wasnt very numb after first series of shots so I got another one.  Was nervous because its a new office and dentist but they seem efficient and so far seem to do good work.  Having a much better experience than  bil had at the new office he tried.  Relieved to not have to go get new retainers and can wear them with the temporary crown.  Relieved dh doesnt need to replace his bridge.

Just sitting here watching Sid mow the yard.  Dh went to see if a lady across the street wants her dog walked.  Then it will be time for him to go check on the other lady (with a cat) to walk her.  

6 hours ago, bgs said:

Thank you all.  Expecting to spend most of my day with a numb face as heading to dentist in a little while for the first of two crown preps.  Really dreading it this time even more than in the past because the last temporary crown I had was cold sensitive so waiting for the permanent one to come in over Thanksgiving was not pleasant.

Man that is a bummer.  No ice cream. 

Sounds like DH has become the local animal walker.

We just had a storm run thru here.  It rained so hard the gutters could not catch the rain coming off the roof.

Well off to watch some Breaking Bad till the Hockey game starts.

Have a fun evening.

3 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

Man that is a bummer.  No ice cream. 

Sounds like DH has become the local animal walker.

We just had a storm run thru here.  It rained so hard the gutters could not catch the rain coming off the roof.

Well off to watch some Breaking Bad till the Hockey game starts.

Have a fun evening.

She warned me to not eat ice cream with this one.  It was worse than what the xray picked up.  The other one looked worse on xray but started on this side because its the side that has been hurting.  Yes a bummer indeed as my niece gave me a pint of ice cream yesterday.  Dh got back and is headed out again to walk another dog. 

Happy Birthday Brenda! Sorry you had to spend part of your day at the dentist.

I'm almost ready for the end of the school year. Still have some things that will need to be packed on the last day which is next Wednesday. I'm going back to teaching preschool the way it should be taught next year, preschoolers should not be sitting at individual tables all day. I haven't heard anything about face masks and social distancing next year but there will be no virtual teaching thru the local schools. Our school district and the state both have virtual programs that were in place before Covid but there is a cap on the number of students they accept. Ok enough rambling. I hope you all have a very enjoyable evening.

Thanks Carol.  The time at the dentist will be well worth it if it eliminates the off and on starting to be more on aching jaw and nips other problems in the bud.  Thats going to be great getting the kids huddled back together again.

Day has gone ok.  Our pastor surprised us---asked if he could swing by.  Hadnt seen him in person since Feb 2020. So good to hug him. He comes up here for trivia night at a nearby pub.  Guess trivia night at the pub out there isnt enough.  Then they drafted him to play pool.  Mary Jo got to show him the afghan in real life.  He thought it was pretty neat.  Then I told him you were in Tampa.....

Dh finally got this old lady walked.  I go for awhile then sit on a bench.  Went a looked at the pool and come back thru the golf course.  Stopped and had a nice visit with a new resident.  She had hip replacement and she has one of the dogs dh walked today.  

Mary Jo this is what Big Red had to say about Mahomes 20-0 goal.  “I normally don’t see those things, but I did see that one, and he was asked what would be a great challenge for him to work for, so 20-0 made sense. I mean, he wasn’t boasting about it, that’s not what he was doing. But he just said that would be a great challenge, which it would be."  

Sounds like things went ok at the dentist for you Brenda.

Glad the you got to see your pastor.  I'm also glad he liked the afghan.

I guess it depends on what report you read about the 20-0.  Sounds like he was boasting, but Andy will not allow that.

The Lightning (Hockey) lost last night.  Lets hope they win tomorrow.  Sorry Lea, we just can not let the Hurricane's win.

Up early and watching the sun come up.

• Like 1

good morning

wow, slept in this morning, must be from the gloomy rainy days we've been having

not much else is new here, enjoy the day

Couldnt fall asleep last night until after 3 am must have been my exciting day.  We have sunshine today and its heading into the 80's.  That's getting hotter than I really like when you add in humidity.  This morning my jaw isnt near as sore from being stretched open as I thought it would be.  Been watching the golfers play thru.  Its much busier this year since they can use the carts.  Wish I liked to play cards.  That started last night.  They play hand and foot.  Then they play hand knee and foot.  The bridge players look too serious.  

Good Morning. Not a lot going on here. I saw the Dr. yesterday (re: CT scan) for a whole 10 minutes. I wonder what his charges will be for that short visit! I never know until I get the explanation of benefits from Medicare and my secondary insurance.

SIL is in the yard trimming my hedges and pulling a few weeds that popped up through the rocks. He and DD insist on doing it instead of me hiring someone. That's okay by me. He does a nice job too. 

No big plans for the weekend. Just staying out of the heat. We're up to 100° already. But it's a dry heat. LOL!

Enjoy the day.